Author Topic: Rondo for Chris Paul Makes More Sense Now?  (Read 7982 times)

Rondo for Chris Paul Makes More Sense Now?
« on: May 17, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Now that the Clippers have exited in the second round, and Chris Paul has taken his share of hits for causing their exit, am wondering if Doc and Danny would discuss trading their point guards, so long as Boston added its 17th pick and Sully to sweeten the deal.  Boston obviously has the flexibility to make the numbers work with contracts.

Would you do that deal?

Re: Rondo for Chris Paul Makes More Sense Now?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Clippers have everything invested in CP3....they would never do it.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I would bite their hand off, but the Clippers would never do that deal in a million years. Mainly because Chris Paul is such an integral part of their organisation. They're not going to get rid of him on the basis of a rare few minutes of uncharacteristic bad decision making.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Plus---we'd have to sit through a Million Chris Paul Twin Brother State Farm commercials---Hells no...!

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Not going to lie, I don't hate the idea, especially considering Doc is not only coaching but is also at the helm of player decisions now. Sterling being removed will only help such player negotiations in the future once this mess is cleaned up.

Now, onto the post. I mean, this trade certainly serves both sides doesn't it? Sully is the backup big they desperately need to replace the fillers from this past season (Big Baby, Byron Mullens, Antwan Jamison, Hedo...can you believe all these guys were clippers?!) and Rondo may facilitate Blake's emergence as the #1 to this team but I'm still suspicious of their offensive rating sans Paul.

For the Celtics..I mean, this trade actually makes them better, does it not? I mean years ago when Paul for Rondo were discussed I didn't think our roster fit Paul. But here Paul could be the number one scorer with Jeff comfortably at the secondary or even third scorer role.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well....you know what will happen if a Sterling drags the sell of the Clippers out with no end in sight.

CP3 ....moves down the hall to the Lakers lockers .....guareentee it ....that is where he has always wanted to be he is a die hard CA boy and he's not going anywhere out of CA .
Cp3 will be on the Lakers eventually ....just a matter of when.......I just hope Anthony Davis and Drummond can be lured else where.

If the Clippers lose Doc , or CP3 ..they are finished for another 30 years

I'm scard the Clippers will blow up and the good parts all go,to,Lakers ...... :-[

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
God No!! Rondo is younger than cp3 and when healthy is up there in assists with cp3... Cp3 may be a better shooter but not good enough to also cost Sully and the 17th pick!! Id only slightly consider this trade if Rondo for sure wont resign... But anyways i think clips say no too as they have too much invested in Cp3..

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Pretty sure Doc left us for Paul over rondo, Unless Danny beat him one to many times on the golf course.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think it would have to be Rondo + our first pick + Sully, and maybe even more than that. I'd still do it, Rondo is good but CP3 is at a whole different level.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:50 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Well....you know what will happen if a Sterling drags the sell of the Clippers out with no end in sight.

CP3 ....moves down the hall to the Lakers lockers .....guareentee it ....that is where he has always wanted to be he is a die hard CA boy and he's not going anywhere out of CA .
Cp3 will be on the Lakers eventually ....just a matter of when.......I just hope Anthony Davis and Drummond can be lured else where.

If the Clippers lose Doc , or CP3 ..they are finished for another 30 years

I'm scard the Clippers will blow up and the good parts all go,to,Lakers ...... :-[

I think Paul winds up in Houston if the Sterling situation causes him to demand out.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
There is not enough money or anything to make CP3 move to the east coast .

I'm just as bad myself , I'm not moving out of the south ......love or money wouldn't move me to Minn or some cold place like that.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I just don't see this happening at all. I'm a bigger Rondo fan than CP3 but no way does LA go for a deal like that. Doc went there to coach Chris Paul. He isn't going to ship him out.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Clippers have everything invested in CP3....they would never do it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 04:20:39 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
off topic...but maybe the Lakers are waiting (head coach issue) on this Sterling mess---to see if Doc might want to join them.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!