Author Topic: Revisiting a Kevin Love trade idea....  (Read 1568 times)

Revisiting a Kevin Love trade idea....
« on: May 16, 2014, 09:39:24 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Its been awhile since a Kevin Love to Boston rumor popped up so here we go...(Pending upon KevinLove agreeing verbally to resign)

BOS IN: KevinLove, Dieng
BOS OUT: Sully, JeffGreen, Bogans, Bass, 17th pick this year, Clippers pick next year, Philly's pick next year(most likely two seconds)

Works for both sides..
We get a young superstar in KevinLove who could blossom even further when playing with Rondo... They would make an excellent pick and pop combo... Celtics also get a young rim protector in Dieng who could grow into one of the top centers in a few years...
On the other hand Minny get a plethora of draft picks as well as a young PF in sully, a wing scorer which they desperately need in JeffGreen... They can waive Bogans, and they can keep Bass till the February trade deadline and try to shop him or just keep him for the year as he provides veteran leadership for their young group on an affordable contract.... I think they must do this deal or they will risk losing KLove for nothing if they hold onto him any longer...

Re: Revisiting a Kevin Love trade idea....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:29:43 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
That is a lot of stuff to give up for love
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:31:26 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
Ya i agree but i think thats the only option unless were willing to give up our top5 pick..

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »

Offline hondobird33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Would love to get Dieng but if Minny trades Love they will likely go re-build mode and want to keep young assets while unloading salary and older players.  Therefore, they would want Sullinger, draft picks, and expiring contract(s). 

Revised Trade:
BOS IN:  Love, Martin
MINN IN: Sullinger, Bradley (S&T at same $6.5 million as Martin but younger player), Wallace  & same draft picks you propose except since they are taking Wallace change 2015 Clipper 1st round pick to our 2015 1st round pick, and add our 2nd round pick as well.     

Minny gets two young players, good draft picks, and Wallace expiring contract in two years when they will be poised to make a run.   

Trade with HOU
BOS IN: Asik
BOS OUT: Pierce Trade Exception, Clipper 1st Round 2015 (not used in Love deal)

To clear cap space would need to do a separate trade using Bass & Anthony to playoff contending team looking back-up PF & C.

Optional Trade
IND IN: Martin ($6.5m), Bogans ($5m)
BOS IN: Stephenson (S&T)       

New Roster
Rondo/Pressey
Martin (or Stephenson)/Babb
Green/Johnson
Love/Olynk
Asik/Faverani/Iverson
plus our 2014 lottery pick (i.e. Exum or Smart as back-up PG or SG)

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
Would love to get Dieng but if Minny trades Love they will likely go re-build mode and want to keep young assets while unloading salary and older players.  Therefore, they would want Sullinger, draft picks, and expiring contract(s). 

Revised Trade:
BOS IN:  Love, Martin
MINN IN: Sullinger, Bradley (S&T at same $6.5 million as Martin but younger player), Wallace  & same draft picks you propose except since they are taking Wallace change 2015 Clipper 1st round pick to our 2015 1st round pick, and add our 2nd round pick as well.     

Minny gets two young players, good draft picks, and Wallace expiring contract in two years when they will be poised to make a run.   

Trade with HOU
BOS IN: Asik
BOS OUT: Pierce Trade Exception, Clipper 1st Round 2015 (not used in Love deal)

To clear cap space would need to do a separate trade using Bass & Anthony to playoff contending team looking back-up PF & C.

Optional Trade
IND IN: Martin ($6.5m), Bogans ($5m)
BOS IN: Stephenson (S&T)       

New Roster
Rondo/Pressey
Martin (or Stephenson)/Babb
Green/Johnson
Love/Olynk
Asik/Faverani/Iverson
plus our 2014 lottery pick (i.e. Exum or Smart as back-up PG or SG)

No way on earth Minnesota does that deal!!! Lol why would Minnesota take Wallaces contract AND throw in Martin in the deal?? That would be awesome for us but i REAALLLYY doubt it.. Andif we bring in KevinLove im not sure we'd have enough cap space to also bring in Asik...

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:40:24 AM »

Offline hondobird33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Minnesota replaces 31 yr old Martin who is not needed in rebuild mode for 23 yr old Bradley at similar contract (i.e. $6.5 million) and in return for taking Wallace gets a first round pick and his $10m contract expires in two years just when they are finishing rebuild and can use expiring contract to sign free agent.  If deal needs to be sweetened Celts still have all the draft picks in 2016, 2017 & 2018 so can be easily done. Actually since Martin's contract is only $6.5m the Celts would be well below salary cap even adding Asik at $8.3m.  Here is 14 player roster:
PG - Rondo ($12m)/Pressey ($1m)
SG - Martin ($6.5m)/Babb ($1m)/Rookie Draft Pick (i.e. Exum or Smart -$2m)
SF - Green ($8.3m)/Johnson ($1m)/D-Leaguer
PF - Love ($16m)/Olynk ($2m)/D-Leaguer ($1m)
C - Asik ($8.3m)/Faverani ($2m)/Iverson ($2m)
Total Salary: $63.1m (well under estimated cap)

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 01:58:26 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Ya i agree but i think thats the only option unless were willing to give up our top5 pick..

Agree; there seem to be, like, 3 1st round picks involved when a star gets moved pretty often, and an emerging prospect as well.

It's pretty much an "everything for the core" mentality, then fill in from there.  Worked for 2008 (got Posey and House, then PJ Brown).

I would prob agree to send Bradley, Sully, and picks outside top-10 pretty quickly.

And if Love comes and Rondo stays, then I'd probably be willing to pay Asik and Lin (in a backup role) next year, with a pretty good smile if the cost is Joel Anthony, Bass, Bogans, and some other non-guaranteeds, Colton Iverson's rights, etc..

Because then we might have the makings of something...

Rondo/Lin/Pressey
DRAFT/Lin/
Green/Wallace/Babb
Love/KO/
Asik/KO/Vitor

Looks a bit like the Wizards model, with Nene/Gortat/Ariza as the front line, and a young, athletic, scrappy backcourt.