Author Topic: Rumor: Deron Williams wants out of Brooklyn  (Read 6535 times)

Re: Rumor: Deron Williams wants out of Brooklyn
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Nets reportedly "will not rule out" the possibility of trading Deron Williams this summer.

Bleacher report

I could see maybe the knicks going after him

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If there is any truth in this rumor, how would that impact PP and KG going forward?  I mean they signed on partly because of DW right?  If this is true (and I am PP) I would rather go back to Boston than re-sign w/ the nets or try to hook on w/ Golden State or the Clips to be closer to home.

Hopefully this bodes well for our future nets picks...

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
A Deron Williams for Josh Smith deal could make sense for both teams. Brooklyn probably need another asset. Maybe Detroit's 2015 first rounder which will presumably be somewhere in the mid to late teens.

Brooklyn go out and plug the PG spot with a role player. Let Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce handle the ball more. Put more quickness on the floor with Josh Smith + new PG. Create better balance. Detroit solves their frontcourt issues. Deron Williams gets a fresh start. Hopefully rejuvenates him but even if it doesn't, Deron is still a good upgrade over B.Jennings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mx8w22w

If it's not loading:
Jennings + Smith for Williams

I haven't given a second of thought to the basketball implications of this trade -- just that it works (and it'd be fun to see Williams try to pout his way past Coach/GM Stan Van Gundy's general abrasiveness)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Jennings and Smith for Williams makes some sense for both teams, but I think Monroe + Jennings, if Monroe is gone anyway, makes a lot more sense though Detroit would obviously need something else in return.  Maybe add in Teletovic or Blatche (and something else like Teague).  I think with Lopez's health concerns having Monroe makes a lot of sense for Brooklyn and Jennings is probably a better defender than Williams is now and Brooklyn could use Jennings driving ability.  Detroit needs more stability from the point which they will get with Williams and Teletovic or Blatche are probably better fits with Drummond and Smith (especially Teletovic and his long range shooting).

The more I think about it, the more I really like that trade.  Jennings and Monroe for Williams, Teletovic, and Teague.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I just hope Boston has no interest in D Will. I want nothing to do with him.  His ship has sailed.

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 04:09:24 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
I don't get these over-exaggerations from the fans and media. Same thing happened in Boston in 2011. One series and everyone says "BLOW IT UP, THEY'LL NEVER BEAT THE HEAT." I mean, they didn't, but hey hindsight's 20/20.

Point is, Miami blew out Game 1, Brooklyn blew out game 3. The other 3? If Bosh (Game 4), or Allen (Game 5) miss a 3, they probably win both games.

Williams played lousy, yes. And if I'm billy King and I can get anything in return for him, I pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But let's not exaggerate too much, the Nets were a couple possessions away from a 3-2 series lead rather than a 4-1 series loss.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't get these over-exaggerations from the fans and media. Same thing happened in Boston in 2011. One series and everyone says "BLOW IT UP, THEY'LL NEVER BEAT THE HEAT." I mean, they didn't, but hey hindsight's 20/20.

Point is, Miami blew out Game 1, Brooklyn blew out game 3. The other 3? If Bosh (Game 4), or Allen (Game 5) miss a 3, they probably win both games.

Williams played lousy, yes. And if I'm billy King and I can get anything in return for him, I pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But let's not exaggerate too much, the Nets were a couple possessions away from a 3-2 series lead rather than a 4-1 series loss.

You don't even mention, to help your case, that they didn't have their best player, Brook Lopez.

Anyways, I haven't been a Deron fan, but he had some pretty good games in that series.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Problem with D-Will is his form. He's not that guy anymore.

Everyone thought that Joe Johnson's contract is untradeable (did I spell or say this right?), and yet it got traded. The difference is, as huge of a contract Joe has, he was still playing at a very good level.

Deron Williams on the other hand, is not only owed a ton of money, he's play has been really poor. That's going to be tough to move.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Good luck to Brooklyn getting rid of Williams...

He's drastically overrated at this point...Not only that, but you have to deal with, 1) The Contract, 2) The Attitude, and 3) His health.

Can't see them getting much of anything worthwhile in return...

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:17 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Highly unlikely Deron gets traded, he's 13th and 17th in assist and points for PGs this season and is paid the same amount as Chris Paul.

He will also turn 30 this offseason and might be getting another surgery.

The person who released this rumor is probably Billy King.

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
If this is true, this is incredible news for the celtics. Is Dwill even a top 5 point guard anymore? I don't think so. Those nets picks are looking like steals. CP3, Tony Parker, John Wall, Rondo, & Steph Curry (even though i consider him a 2).
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 04:39:54 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

You don't even mention, to help your case, that they didn't have their best player, Brook Lopez.

Anyways, I haven't been a Deron fan, but he had some pretty good games in that series.

Exactly, again the same thing as in 2011, when people just convenient forgot that Rondo played with half an arm for the last 2 games, and blamed Danny for trading Perk as the only reason they lost.

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Exactly, again the same thing as in 2011, when people just convenient forgot that Rondo played with half an arm for the last 2 games, and blamed Danny for trading Perk as the only reason they lost.

Or that with at least a semi-healthy Shaq/JO combination we didn't need Perk anyway.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 04:47:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
A Deron Williams for Josh Smith deal could make sense for both teams. Brooklyn probably need another asset. Maybe Detroit's 2015 first rounder which will presumably be somewhere in the mid to late teens.

Brooklyn go out and plug the PG spot with a role player. Let Joe Johnson and Paul Pierce handle the ball more. Put more quickness on the floor with Josh Smith + new PG. Create better balance. Detroit solves their frontcourt issues. Deron Williams gets a fresh start. Hopefully rejuvenates him but even if it doesn't, Deron is still a good upgrade over B.Jennings.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mx8w22w

If it's not loading:
Jennings + Smith for Williams

I haven't given a second of thought to the basketball implications of this trade -- just that it works (and it'd be fun to see Williams try to pout his way past Coach/GM Stan Van Gundy's general abrasiveness)

I could see that trade working for both teams. Nets get 2 younger and more athletic players to pair with lopez and the Pistons upgrade the PG.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 04:10:29 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
if williams averages 10+ assist per game it would help to control the tempo of the game,
no pick n' rolls, SF PF iso player, all jumpshooters, no rebounders