Author Topic: Rondo for the lottery pick  (Read 2582 times)

Re: Rondo for the lottery pick
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Rondo for the lottery pick straight up
Hawk eye, as you may have detected from the posts above, here at cb threads get a way, way better reception if you provide some detail, nuance, and support. Do some homework and find out which picks might the celtics trade for.

Maybe provide a few scenarios, such as " rondo to LA for X"' that sort of thing.

That makes your thread better and keeps cbers from getting riled up...sometimes. It would also get you some valuable TPs.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 08:27:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Hawk eye, as you may have detected from the posts above, here at cb threads get a way, way better reception if you provide some detail, nuance, and support. Do some homework and find out which picks might the celtics trade for.

Maybe provide a few scenarios, such as " rondo to LA for X"' that sort of thing.

That makes your thread better and keeps cbers from getting riled up...sometimes. It would also get you some valuable TPs.  ;D
yeah but if he did that he would just be repeating about 15 other threads.  This one is so vague it is unique and gets a lot of traffic.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Not sure exaclty what OP is suggesting but I can see Danny trading Rondo to the Fakers for a their pick, it could make sense if DA wants to build through the draft.

On another note Rondo is totally worth a lottery pick, we traded our JG pick for a 30+ year old Ray Allen coming off ankle surgery.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

yeah but if he did that he would just be repeating about 15 other threads.  This one is so vague it is unique and gets a lot of traffic.

So true. That said, I really miss Krook. His posts were classic as he had a great affinity for the most random of players and offered numerous proposals in trading for them.

Example...

brandon bass + filler for varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao varejao

PROBLEM SOLVE

krook
Rajon Rondo
Tommy Points: 23
[giveth one]

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I also miss Krook. He was the OG Mozgov trade maker.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
I think we should do this because rondo is 28 and is in his prime and we are a couple of years away. Ainge is amazing at drafting. rondo was a 22nd pick, Imagine what he can do with a lottery pick.
 The lottery winner will do it because there is no guarantee and rondo is a star. We do it because Ainge is awesome with draft picks and it free's up so cap space for us so we can resign bradley or humphrises.

Oh.....

Now I get it.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards