Author Topic: Greg Monroe getting the boot  (Read 1671 times)

Greg Monroe getting the boot
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Saw this and was intrigued:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-05-14/stan-van-gundy-greg-monroe-pistons-trade-lakers-bobcats-pelicans-nba-free-agency-rumors?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I would love to get Monroe. Monroe at the 5 and either Olynyk or Sullinger is a nightmare for other teams to deal with. Here is my question: Can one of our cap experts tell me if we could trade our trade exception, Bogans and picks or something to get Monroe if he wants a max deal sign and trade? If so, sign me up right away.

Re: Greg Monroe getting the boot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:36:41 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
You can't combine an exception with a player to get a player.  Theoretically, Greg Monroe and Caldwell-Pope for Green and a pick would work.  It would give them some shooting at the 3, a decent pick and they would get Caldwell-Pope of their team, since he is terrible.  Not a bad trade but I assume they could get better value.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
... and they would get Caldwell-Pope of their team, since he is terrible...

As the owner of KCP in the DKC league, I feel like I should advocate on his behalf. He was a rookie this past season. Not every rookie lights it on fire in Year 1. He has solid shooting form and shows great potential as a spot up three point shooter. The surprise with him this season was his defensive effort and capability. If you look at Pistons forums (Piston Powered or RealGM), the majority of their fans are pleased with what he has shown to this point.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i think a lot of people would like to have Monroe, it's the price tag that makes a lot of people shy away from acquiring him.

if its gonna be a near max deal like that article indicates for a guy averaging 14/9 then ill say no thanks
Greg

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
No thanks at the max.

But i would have to seriously think about making a 12 million per year offer.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Ya umm no thx to the max deal for greg monroe...