Author Topic: Bismack Biyombo trade idea...  (Read 3549 times)

Bismack Biyombo trade idea...
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
How about Bass expiring straight up for Biyombo or maybe Jeff Green and Bass for Biyombo, MKG, and BenGordon... We could throw in the 2015 LAC pick or maybe the Philly pick (prolly a couple of second rounders) in the second deal...

The second deal in particular seems better as we get a young promising rim protector(even though hes  6'9 hes still a rim protector and sometimes plays C for Charlotte... Were also getting a scoring wing in BenGordon as well as some young talent in MKG...

Re: Bismack Biyombo trade idea...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Bass for Biyombo doesn't work, and Ben Gordon cannot be traded now that the trade deadline has passed.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I just started laughing hysterically if the "legit center" the celtics acquired was Bismack.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:18 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
I just started laughing hysterically if the "legit center" the celtics acquired was Bismack.

Never said he was a legit center i said he was a promising rim protector even though hes 6'9...

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:06:12 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Never said he was a legit center i said he was a promising rim protector even though hes 6'9...

No no, I'm not against acquiring Bismack outright, just the thought that he was the center Danny alledgedly promised Sullinger is hilarious to me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

No no, I'm not against acquiring Bismack outright, just the thought that he was the center Danny alledgedly promised Sullinger is hilarious to me.

BEN WALLACE!

If we get Ben Wallace part deux next to Sully and Olynyk I'd be pretty happy about it.

Probably not gonna be Bismack, though.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Why do people keep wanting to acquire a guy who looks like he will peak as a slightly better Joel Anthony?  The Celtics already have players who might be acceptable backup centers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would trade a second round pick for Biyombo... Nothing more than that.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:19:05 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why do people keep wanting to acquire a guy who looks like he will peak as a slightly better Joel Anthony?  The Celtics already have players who might be acceptable backup centers.

Because he's 21

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:16 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
You might be on to something.  3 years of NBA experience.  Still only 21 years old.  And he is taller than you think.

3 years ago at the NBA draft combine, so he was 18 years old and maybe not finished growing - He was 6-8.31 in bare feet, 6-9.5 in shoes, 7-6 wingspan, 9-3.4 standing reach.

His combine measurables are almost identical to Elton Brands, one inch longer wingspan/standing reach. 

Amare Stoudamire was 6-8.5 at the combine, 7-2 wingspan, 9-1 standing reach.  Brian Grant, Juwan Howard, Adonal Foyle all measured 6-8.5 in bare feet. 

Al Horford is 6-8.75 but only has a 7-1 wingspan and a 8-11 standing reach.

I dont think Biyombo is too short for center and his long arms more than make up for any lack of height. 

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He is also the least passed to player in the NBA.

So there's that.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Bass for Biyombo and Haywood works,

I like the idea of Biyombo as the backup if the Cs can acquire Asik. I have posted this before but I think the following rotation would be decent for next season.

PF Sully 30min, KO 18Min
C  Asik 30min, Biyombo 15min, KO 3min
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
Green and Vitor for Biyombo and Kidd-Gilchrist works too.  Helps us get a lot younger if anything. 

Right now Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk are the only players under 28 (Green turns 28 in August) that are part of the core group of the team.  We were tied with the T-Wolves and the Raptors as the 14th youngest team in the league (also tied with them for 15th oldest.)

Maybe getting a little younger through a trade like this and also through the draft would be a good thing.

Rondo  28
Pressey 23
Bradley  23
Lottery Pick
MKG   20
17th pick
Sullinger  22
Olynyk  23
Biyombo  21

Trade Chips/Bench:

Bass 29
Wallace 31
Johnson 24
Bogans 34
Anthony 31

Thats a pretty young group that could grow up together. 

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 05:33:27 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
What I also like about the Biyombo/MKG trade is we get young and contend for a lottery pick one more time with this group:

Rondo  28
Pressey 23
Bradley  23
Lottery Pick
MKG   20
17th pick
Sullinger  22
Olynyk  23
Biyombo  21

But at the end of the year, we still have a ton of picks to trade (one of which should be a lottery pick in 2015) , 8 young players on the roster that could be packaged together, a trade-able contract in Gerald Wallace (way more trade-able than now)  -We would be in a much better position to do something big than we are this year. 

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I have always supported a reasonable deal to trade for Biyombo. He has good possible upside as a capable rim defender. Lord knows that this team needs more above the rim players. My question is: What do the bobcats think of him? Is he part of their future or just a roster filler for them? To me, he would seem like a decent complement to Jefferson as a 4-5 tandem.