Author Topic: 2024 Draft  (Read 4953 times)

hwangjini_1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 Draft
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2024, 02:34:44 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
If we’re looking to grow someone into a Big Al replacement, how does Oso Ighodaro sound? 6’11” and 235lbs PF/C from Marquette.

“The ball-handling, passing and touch shots continue to separate Oso Ighodaro from most bigs. His 2.8 assists per game and 67 made runners/floaters are unique numbers for a projected center.”

His 3pt shooting is nonexistent though. He looks like a guy that could play outside if he spends a couple of years working on it.

I wonder how he compares to Queta? He’s a senior, so only a few years younger.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2024, 03:47:12 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
If we’re looking to grow someone into a Big Al replacement, how does Oso Ighodaro sound? 6’11” and 235lbs PF/C from Marquette.

“The ball-handling, passing and touch shots continue to separate Oso Ighodaro from most bigs. His 2.8 assists per game and 67 made runners/floaters are unique numbers for a projected center.”

His 3pt shooting is nonexistent though. He looks like a guy that could play outside if he spends a couple of years working on it.

I wonder how he compares to Queta? He’s a senior, so only a few years younger.

I'm just starting to research the bigs in this class but Ighodaro and Broome both peaked my interested with their stats.

My first reaction / concern with Ighodaro is his size. I have seen him listed at 6'9 and 6'11. Official measurements and weight will be interesting on him. I do agree that his passing and feel for the game really stands out and makes him an interesting prospect.

Compared to Queta they are just drastically different players. Queta appears to just be much bigger and stronger and the fare superior rebounder.

If the Celtics are to target a big in this draft my choices would be to try to trade up for Kel'el Ware or look to Adem Bona later in the draft. Ware is a blue chip prospect who has the size, skill, and athletic ability to be a starter/near all-start center in the NBA. Bona has outlier mobility and could prove to be an asset as a switch everything back up 5. If he hits his ceiling I can see him as a Tristen Thompson like starting 5.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 12:54:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston had the best record in the NBA by seven games with a 64-18 record so they will hold the No. 30 overall draft pick in the first round in June. Brad Stevens has yet to make a first-round selection during his tenure as team president of basketball operations over the past three years so it will be interesting to see whether that trend will continue in 2024.

The one pick that was impacted during Monday’s tiebreaker was a second-round selection that Boston had previously acquired via the Dallas Mavericks (through Sacramento). Boston picked up the extra pick on draft night in 2023 for trading down in the second round. The Knicks and Mavericks finished tied with their regular season records and the Mavericks won the tiebreaker to finish ahead of New York in the first round at No. 24.

The NBA flips-flops the draft order of ties in the second round so Boston’s draft pick (via Dallas) in the second round will drop one slot lower. However, the team does get bumped up to No. 54 overall since the Philadelphia 76ers (No. 48) had to forfeit their second-round pick as a penalty for free agency tampering.

Boston also sent out their own second-round pick (No. 58) previously as part of compensation to the Hornets to create a TPE in the Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade in 2020. Boston also traded away what ended up being the No. 41 overall pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for young guard Jaden Springer.

The next key night for the NBA Draft will during the May 12 lottery, which will officially set the draft order for the top 14 teams. From there, the 2024 NBA Draft will be held on June 26th in what will be a two-night event for the first time with the second round being held on night two.

So, #30 and #54.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 01:14:53 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Boston had the best record in the NBA by seven games with a 64-18 record so they will hold the No. 30 overall draft pick in the first round in June. Brad Stevens has yet to make a first-round selection during his tenure as team president of basketball operations over the past three years so it will be interesting to see whether that trend will continue in 2024.

The one pick that was impacted during Monday’s tiebreaker was a second-round selection that Boston had previously acquired via the Dallas Mavericks (through Sacramento). Boston picked up the extra pick on draft night in 2023 for trading down in the second round. The Knicks and Mavericks finished tied with their regular season records and the Mavericks won the tiebreaker to finish ahead of New York in the first round at No. 24.

The NBA flips-flops the draft order of ties in the second round so Boston’s draft pick (via Dallas) in the second round will drop one slot lower. However, the team does get bumped up to No. 54 overall since the Philadelphia 76ers (No. 48) had to forfeit their second-round pick as a penalty for free agency tampering.

Boston also sent out their own second-round pick (No. 58) previously as part of compensation to the Hornets to create a TPE in the Gordon Hayward sign-and-trade in 2020. Boston also traded away what ended up being the No. 41 overall pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for young guard Jaden Springer.

The next key night for the NBA Draft will during the May 12 lottery, which will officially set the draft order for the top 14 teams. From there, the 2024 NBA Draft will be held on June 26th in what will be a two-night event for the first time with the second round being held on night two.

So, #30 and #54.

I still can't get over the fact they're trying to stretch this thing over two days now. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:44:43 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I’m just happy that the GSW pick is at #14 (barring epic lottery luck). I was pushing for them to make the playoffs to make that pick even lower, but at least Portland will have the worst lottery pick from the Jrue trade

« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 02:09:57 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
I’m just happy that the GSW pick is at #14 (barring epic lottery luck). I was pushing for them to make the playoffs to make that pick even lower, but at least Portland will have the worst lottery pick from the Jrue trade

Me too. It looks like the pool of talent really falls off a cliff after #12, so I’m fine with it.

I do, however, like some of the players that’ll be within the Celtics range with pick 30. Daron Holmes, Jaylon Tyson, and Trey Alexander are guys I find intriguing.

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 02:45:30 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I have my first draft of a big board put together. The top of this class is really tough and I'm sure Ill have some changes in opinion when I get a chance to watch more games. I did break the board up into rough tier groups.

Player   Team
1   Ron Holland   G-League
2   Nikola Topic   Int
3   Alex Sarr   Int

4   Stephon Castle   Uconn
5   Donovan Clingan   Uconn
6   Zaccharie Risacher   Int
7   Matas Buzelis   G-League
8   Cody Williams   Colorado

9   Kel'el Ware   Indiana
10   Reed Sheppard   UK
11   Rob Dillingham   UK
12   Isaiah Collier   USC
13   Tyler Smith   G-League
14   Ja'Kobe Walter   Baylor

15   Yves Missi   Baylor
16   Melvin Ajinca   Int
17   Harrison Ingram   UNC
18   John Furphy   Kansas
19   Kyle Filipowski   Duke
20   Zach Edey   Purdue
21   Adem Bona   UCLA
22   Izan Almansa   G-League

23   Dalton Knecht   Tennessee
24   Tidjane Salaun   Int
25   Jared McCain   Duke
26   Terrance Shannon   Illinois

27   Daron Holmes   Dayton
28   Bobi Klintman   Int
29   Ryan Dunn   Virginia
30   Trey Alexander   Creighton

A few observations.

Holland
is underrated on alot of the main stream boards, I see alot of similarities with Jaylen Brown

Kel'el Ware
like most bigs is a gamble because they historically develop slowly but I can't see him not being worth a lottery pick.

Both UK guards Sheppard and Dillingham scare me, neither has the desired positional size for PGs let along combo guards. The last draft saw a major trend away from smaller guards.

Missi, I am not sold that he is worlds ahead of Bona. He is longer but Bona looks like the more explosive athlete.

Melvin Ajinca, he is being under valued. Has good size, is athletic, can shoot the 3, and was very productive in FIBA.

Izan Almansa, great touch for a 18yr old. Struggled in G-League but was MVP of FIBA U19

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 02:47:38 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

A few observations.

Holland
is underrated on alot of the main stream boards, I see alot of similarities with Jaylen Brown

It is strange to me that he isn't getting more hype. Best combo of athleticism & skill & productivity.

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 02:49:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Topic reminds me of Goran Dragic. The way he can snake his way to the rim and finish inside in so many different ways. Dragic was such a shifty clever player at getting people off balance and attacking them. Topic has the same gift.

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 03:15:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I think I'm all in on Tristan da Silva at 30 if we keep the pick. The fit and type of player just seems too good. Looks like he's up in the teens now in the draft. Probably little chance he falls to 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCukzaQbmoI

Maybe I'll switch to Jalen Bridges if da Silva doesn't fall...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:45:24 PM by liam »

« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 05:18:22 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Topic reminds me of Goran Dragic. The way he can snake his way to the rim and finish inside in so many different ways. Dragic was such a shifty clever player at getting people off balance and attacking them. Topic has the same gift.

If Topic ends up being a 6”7 Goran Dragic, the league is in big trouble. Would be fun to see him play with Wemby.

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 07:27:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't watch NCAA, but liked Emanuel Sharp during march madness. No clue if he's any good.

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 10:36:30 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'm betting that Brad will just trade down to save money

« Reply #28 on: Today at 12:03:06 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

So, #30 and #54.

I still can't get over the fact they're trying to stretch this thing over two days now.

They literally picked the worst year to do it lol. I’m not even sure I’m watching round one this year.