Author Topic: Does anyone ever get sick of the uncalled walks?  (Read 853 times)

Does anyone ever get sick of the uncalled walks?
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:35 PM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
LeBron, Wade are among the worst, but pretty much every flashy perimeter player just blatantly does it. The refs will even call a shooting foul on the defender!

My favorite part is when they replay the play and it clearly shows the travel and then they replay a hundred times in a view that obscures the feet.

Does it make basketball unwatchable at times for anyone else? How are they going to fix this?

Re: Does anyone ever get sick of the uncalled walks?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:50:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
You mean where the players take like 5 extra steps after making their initial drive?  Yea, i hate the way players play now.  Its a train wreck out there and Baby brown and butt wade head the list

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:11:18 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it happens less than people might suspect, though I think the relatively geriatric refereeing crews they put out there don't help.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:05:18 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I rarely gripe about the officiating, but all the traveling is a pet peeve of mine.  It's been bad for as long as I've watched the NBA (since the late 80s/early 90s).  Travelling and palming the ball the rules have always been far too liberal for my taste.  It doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but it is certainly a pet peeve.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 12:15:43 AM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
I rarely gripe about the officiating, but all the traveling is a pet peeve of mine.  It's been bad for as long as I've watched the NBA (since the late 80s/early 90s).  Travelling and palming the ball the rules have always been far too liberal for my taste.  It doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but it is certainly a pet peeve.

Orel walks in the room, downtrodden.

"I'm not very good at basketball dad."

"Probably Orel."

"Dad, why can't I play like LeBron and Wade?"

"Well Orel, aside from height, muscle, athleticism and skill they were allowed to take an extra eleven steps on their way to the basket."

"Wow! Can I do that?"

"No son."

"So why does Commissioner Stern allow them to do it?"

"Now Orel, we cannot question his ways, you remember the 23rd Lost Commandment, Thou shalt not question David Stern."