Who says no?  

Houston
3 (60%)
New York
0 (0%)
Nobody
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Idea: Harden for Carmelo swap  (Read 918 times)

Idea: Harden for Carmelo swap
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I've always found Harden to be overrated.  He's terrible and lazy defensively.  He's been downright horrendous in the (small) 2 game sample this postseason.  The previous postseason, he averaged 4.5 topg and shot below 40% from the field, despite good point totals.  Most people are familiar with his chokejob in the 2012 finals.

But I know I'm in the minority and most fans still value Harden pretty highly as a basketball player (some even a top 10 player).  Maybe NBA teams do too.

I know people are low on Carmelo, but I think he's a better option alongside Dwight than Harden.  My roommate disagrees. 

So Carmelo for Harden... who says no?  (in the literal sense, not the wanna-be-like-Bill-Simmons sense)  Try to disregard that Houston already has Parsons at SF and NYK has a logjam of SGs.  Assume that other pieces could be added to the trade or a 3rd team involved to help take care of that.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Idea: Harden for Carmelo swap
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:04 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
NY says no (well there's Dolan - > who i don't understand his mind processes); At least Melo plays defense
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Harden is a solid defensive player when he plays with focus / effort. Kevin McHale just lets him get away with anything so long as Harden is attacking on offense. A better coach with a stronger defensive system would get Harden playing to his potential defensively.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Houston would say no. James Harden is 5 years younger. That is the main reason.

Harden has some issues with consistency and recent playoff performances but it's not like Melo doesn't have some of those himself. Harden's PnR heavy game is easier to build around than Melo's propensity to go iso-heavy in today's PnR obsessed NBA.