Author Topic: Trade Proposal  (Read 1683 times)

Trade Proposal
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
starting line-up next year

rondo
mayo
hayward
sullinger
varejao

2nd unit
bayless
gee or johnson or drafted SG/SF
gee or johnson or randolph or drafted SG/SF
humphries
mozgov or olynyx

reserves
pressey
randolph
olynyx or mozgov
2 drafted players (it could be a C or PF or SF/SG)

16 players either released or trade babb or johnson (any of these 2)

1st trade
bogans + faverani+ lucas 3rd(acquired from utah) + (2nd round pick) = mozgov and randolph
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8lvhn9

2nd trade
anthony and bradley + 1st round pick = gordon hayward and (lucas 3rd goes to denver)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lnju97l

3rd trade
bass and green to bucks
wallace to cleveland = deng's back-up SF
pachulla to celtics (he will instead go to cleveland as hawes back-up)
mayo to celtics + bucks add 2nd round pick (2nd round pick of bucks will go to cleveland)
varejao and gee to celtics
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mhxsh2c

we could also signed metta, good defender not bad player, as long as healthy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:38:16 PM by MISSERY »

Re: Trade Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I have lost confidence in Varejao's defensive ability. Just not moving as well as he used to. Side to side and when changing directions. He was never a shot-blocker so his main defensive value was his quickness and ability to beat players to spots. Without that, his defensive value drops considerably. I also worry about how well he can revert back to the PF position with reduced quickness / mobility.

I think if acquiring Varejao, it's best to depend on him as a backup C/PF.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
I have lost confidence in Varejao's defensive ability. Just not moving as well as he used to. Side to side and when changing directions. He was never a shot-blocker so his main defensive value was his quickness and ability to beat players to spots. Without that, his defensive value drops considerably. I also worry about how well he can revert back to the PF position with reduced quickness / mobility.

I think if acquiring Varejao, it's best to depend on him as a backup C/PF.

i somewhat agree but with my proposal mozgov olynyx humphries sullinger varejao +drafted big man C or C/PF
i think that's a good rotation, lets say varejao went down, we can go small with humphries at C and sully at 4 with olynyx or mozgov will start

i don't see any bigs who are good additional for big man rotations, unless we want someone like pachulia or biedrins, or haywood (healthy) or sims or kaman

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
i think this can survive going to playoffs

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am having a hard time reading past, "Olynyx." I know you are trying, but perhaps you could have more specific titles to your threads.

As for the proposal, hard to see Varejao and Hayward leading us to the promise land. I'd rather hold on to our own guys or maintain cap flexibility.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:58 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
I am having a hard time reading past, "Olynyx." I know you are trying, but perhaps you could have more specific titles to your threads.

As for the proposal, hard to see Varejao and Hayward leading us to the promise land. I'd rather hold on to our own guys or maintain cap flexibility.

rondo can't carry a team without those 2 veterans and jeff green is a good 6th man player, i'd barnes or ariza or granger anytime