Author Topic: Jeff Green "eminently available"  (Read 7945 times)

Jeff Green "eminently available"
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:18:45 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Per Mark Murphy of the Herald

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/04/change_on_celtics_horizon

Articles like this are tough to tell if he has insider info or is just speculating. If it is some type of insider info then Green's fate could be a key piece to this off-season.

This raises alot of questions.

What teams would be interested in Green? I could see alot of teams placing him as their plan C to upagrede their SF, if they cant land a starting caliber SF in free agency. ex bobcats, cavs and Mavs are first teams that come to mind.

Who becomes the Cs starting SF if he is traded?
Parker is the dream situation. If the Cs don't get lucky could they make a push for Gordon Hayward? Could the Cs go after Parson in either a Rondo trade or buy taking on salary to facilitate Melo to houston?

What does the perceived eagerness to move Green mean for Rondo's future? Like his play this year or not Green was the teams 2 or 3rd best player. His being available could signal a more complete youth movement to come and a Rondo trade. It could also just mean that DA doesn't see him as a good fit with Rondo.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Jeff Green "eminently available"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
My hope would be Green to Cavs in a sign-and-trade for Deng.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:30:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

If that happens and the Cs make a move for Asik (Bogans + #17). Ron Adams would be reunited with two of his former Bulls. Along with resigning AB the Cs would be putting together a great defensive team.

Add this hypothetical trade and Cs become interesting.

Cs trade     #5 Marcus Smart, Bass,

Magic trade #11, Afflalo  (draft BPA likely a wing Saric, McDermott, Stauskas or Hood)

2015 Cetics (a solid playoff team prob good enough for 3rd in east)

PG  Rondo
SG  Afflalo
SF  Deng
PF  Sully
C    Asik

6th   AB
7th   KO
8th   Wallace
9th   Mcdermott
10th Anthony
11th Favorani
12th Pressey
13th Johnson

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:47:35 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Please let Jeff green go!  He had his cance this year to do something and he did Jack!  We need player who want to win on this team every game.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd try trading Green to Golden State for Harrison Barnes. Barnes is younger with a lot more upside. Other pieces would have to be added to make it work.

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jeff Green is a good player, just the victim of unfulfilled expectations.  He led our team in scoring.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

If that happens and the Cs make a move for Asik (Bogans + #17). Ron Adams would be reunited with two of his former Bulls. Along with resigning AB the Cs would be putting together a great defensive team.

Magic trade #11, Afflalo  (draft BPA likely a wing Saric, McDermott, Stauskas or Hood)

PG  Rondo
SG  Afflalo
SF  Deng
PF  Sully
C    Asik

6th   AB
7th   KO
8th   Wallace
9th   Mcdermott
10th Anthony
11th Favorani
12th Pressey
13th Johnson

I'd rather the C's just hold onto to 5 and draft BPA.  The Deng thing can't work itself out until after LeBron officially tells the Cavs he's not coming there (so after the draft) and Afflalo isn't worth getting until after you have other pieces in place (like Deng).  Besides, if we pick 5th, the Magic will have picked 3rd (probably), and likely taken Exum, so Smart isn't interesting to them.

I do think the Cavs would take Green straight up for Deng if the alternative is losing him to another team for nothing.  Ainge just has to convince him to sign here instead of elsewhere, which will certainly be the trickier part.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Looks like speculation and a non-story to me.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 09:44:58 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Please let Jeff green go!  He had his cance this year to do something and he did Jack!  We need player who want to win on this team every game.
Rondo and Sullinger also had their "cance" this year, and they arguably did less than Green.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
"Eminently available" = "If you give us any positive value for him, you can have him."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I don't want Deng at the price he is likely going at.  He is a very good SF, but he doesn't have large effects on the winning % of the team he is on.  His contract is likely going to be in the range of a star. 

Green can go for value.  He still takes up to much of the salary cap for what he gives the team. 

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
green for deng equates to giving up the better offensive player for the better defender.  C's will have even more problems scoring.

wouldn't make the Orlando trade.  would rather try to make a deal with utah --#5 & #17 for their #4 and #23 if Embiid is still there at #4.  Utah would still get their shot at Exum or Smart which they could use more than Embiid.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If they can get a mid to late first for him on draft day I would be very happy. However, when someone is "eminently available" it is safe to assume his value is not very high.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Rondo and Sullinger also had their "cance" this year, and they arguably did less than Green.
How so? Especially in regards to Sully.

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

PG  Rondo
SG  Afflalo
SF  Deng
PF  Sully
C    Asik

6th   AB
7th   KO
8th   Wallace
9th   Mcdermott
10th Anthony
11th Favorani
12th Pressey
13th Johnson

I'd rather the C's just hold onto to 5 and draft BPA.  The Deng thing can't work itself out until after LeBron officially tells the Cavs he's not coming there (so after the draft) and Afflalo isn't worth getting until after you have other pieces in place (like Deng).  Besides, if we pick 5th, the Magic will have picked 3rd (probably), and likely taken Exum, so Smart isn't interesting to them.

I do think the Cavs would take Green straight up for Deng if the alternative is losing him to another team for nothing.  Ainge just has to convince him to sign here instead of elsewhere, which will certainly be the trickier part.

From here I move Sully, Wallace's contract, the unguaranteed guys and three future first for Love. Letting Bradley walk and resigning Hump. Then letting the bench eventually develop.

Rondo
Afflalo
Deng
Love
Asik

Hump
KO
11th pick