Author Topic: The minimum Danny is likely to do over the summer  (Read 7472 times)

Re: The minimum Danny is likely to do over the summer
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I'm prepared for the 2014-2015 season to be another "asset/currency grab and youth development season" if a grand-slam deal or two (see KG / RA in 2007) is not available or worth it. If Ainge decides its worth it to continue in this direction, giving up assets for a "Rim Protector" would hurt another seasons goal of getting a top draft pick. As much as I hated seeing the C's leave Kyle Korver open so many times, as much as I hate losing, I hate being stuck in neutral or regressing without being a championship contender more. I want the C's to return to greatness, not muddle in mediocrity. Another high draft pick would help get there faster (#5 pick for Ray Allen in 2007), and/or stay on top once the C's are there. (a surviving #2 pick Len Bias). I'm willing to be patient no matter what route is taken.

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 07:04:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Long as Celtics have Wallace ! Bass, Bogins, Anthony

They will stink.....no matter who gets drafted

Those guys have to go first, to make room for good players.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm prepared for the 2014-2015 season to be another "asset/currency grab and youth development season" if a grand-slam deal or two (see KG / RA in 2007) is not available or worth it. If Ainge decides its worth it to continue in this direction, giving up assets for a "Rim Protector" would hurt another seasons goal of getting a top draft pick. As much as I hated seeing the C's leave Kyle Korver open so many times, as much as I hate losing, I hate being stuck in neutral or regressing without being a championship contender more. I want the C's to return to greatness, not muddle in mediocrity. Another high draft pick would help get there faster (#5 pick for Ray Allen in 2007), and/or stay on top once the C's are there. (a surviving #2 pick Len Bias). I'm willing to be patient no matter what route is taken.

what about the season ticket holders trust or Rondo . Rondo or anyone with his experience will not want to go hough another season like 2013-2014. You could risk him bolting which some fans here dont want

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 07:17:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
we will see.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34

what about the season ticket holders trust or Rondo . Rondo or anyone with his experience will not want to go hough another season like 2013-2014. You could risk him bolting which some fans here dont want

Rondo's a smart guy who probably knows what Ainge has done to acquire KG/RA and he's trying to do the same thing. There's a chance he could stay knowing that the C's could become a great team at any moment like in 2007, especially if he gets the most money here and there's no better alternatives.  Ainge could also trade Rondo if he feels commited to a full blown home grown rebuild like OKC did. That'll probably depend on the precieved potential of the player we draft this year. Either way, Ainge/Stevens need to gauge Rondo's interest in resigning here before trading him for assets.

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 06:05:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Rondo's probably not going to bolt. He's already won one ring, and Boston can offer him the most money.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Rondo's probably not going to bolt. He's already won one ring, and Boston can offer him the most money.

Is this sarcasm?  I really doubt that just because he's won a ring Rondo no longer is particularly concerned with being on a winning team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
One way or another for next season (so he doesn't screw with the ticket holders) i predict at minimal he is going to get a rim protector  (at the worse using the 17th pick as trade bait) unless someone pays up for Green and/or Rondo (but not actively shopping them around).  Kevin Love trade is not happening bc you will overpay for a guy that will be a FA in 2015, is a mediocre defender plus guys like Sullinger/KO show promise to take the leap at the PF position . Danny will attempt to get Anthony into the team but won't offer max and Anthony wants to sign with a contender.  So there is like a 5 percent chance Anthony signs. 

At minimal what to expect for next season imo:

- Acquire a rim protector - Asik (He wants to start before becoming a FA in 2015-2016) or Mozgov  (Mcgee will be back to start next season).  No FAs worth overpaying for
- Pick the BPA(s) at the draft - 6th man off the bench/assist with the rebuild/insurance
- Resign AB to a 3 year 7 million per year deal
- Give this current unit (with Rondo, Green, AB as the leaders) one more chance before the real fireworks go off by the 2015 trade deadline (Danny actively shopping)

2014-2015 lineup

Asik/Mozgov
Sullinger/KO
Green
AB
Rondo

6th man
draft picks

Why do you say " no free agents worth overpaying for", then list Asik as someone you'd like?

He will be WAY overpaid next year.

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Omer Asik is one year removed from a season where he led the NBA in total rebounds, and ranked in the top ten in a handful of other rebounding-related categories.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013_leaders.html

I'd gladly devote $8.5 million of cap space to him next year.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Is this sarcasm?  I really doubt that just because he's won a ring Rondo no longer is particularly concerned with being on a winning team.

He's concerned about winning, but he clearly realizes that the team needs to add players and seems to be ok with that. But he's probably not in any rush to go ring-chasing like players who have never won titles.

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 08:49:16 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Long as Celtics have Wallace ! Bass, Bogins, Anthony

They will stink.....no matter who gets drafted

Those guys have to go first, to make room for good players.

yup
LET'S GO CELTICS!