Author Topic: Chad Ford chat  (Read 7438 times)

Chad Ford chat
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Some interesting stuff on players often discussed on here.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/50456/nba-insider-chad-ford

Ron (Orlando)

Are the Magic the team that is highest on Exum? Seems that way based on mock drafts.
Chad Ford  (1:14 PM)

They want a point guard. They experimented with Victor Oladipo there, but preferably they get a young player that is more of a true point. Exum and Marcus Smart are the guys for them. They would've taken Smart No. 2 last year, but I think Exum has moved ahead. Lakers also really like Exum. So do the Jazz and Bucks.

Alec (Lexington)

What prospect has the most unpredictable draft stock?
Chad Ford  (1:17 PM)

Kyle Anderson of UCLA. The type of player that some love and some hate and there are very few in between. He needs the right coach, the right system to be effective in the NBA. But if he finds it, he could be really good.

Sean (St Paul, MN)

Chad can you discuss Dario Saric's game a little? Whats his ceiling and whats his best comp (sorry, i know you said you dont like player comps) ?
Chad Ford  (1:40 PM)

He has one of the highest basketball IQs of anyone in the draft. He just has phenomenal instincts as a player and at 6-10, he's a bit like Kyle Anderson in that he's a point power forward. He's more athletic than Anderson which is why he's ranked higher. But he's got to continue to work on his jumpshot. Basically everyone is waiting to see what he's going to do. His father and his new agents are pulling in different directions. His father would like him to stay in Europe the next few years. I think his agents worry about how that affects his draft stock now. With so many teams high on him, you strike while the iron is hot. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Once teams know when he will realistically be able to come over to the NBA, we will know more about his draft stock.

nick (Philly) [via mobile]

Want someone to take a convincing stance..better pro Wiggins or Parker?
Chad Ford  (1:47 PM)

I think it's going to be Wiggins. I think having elite size for position and elite athletic abilities give you an advantage at the pro level. Parker has neither. While Parker's skill set is much more advanced than Wiggins, there isn't anything in Wiggins' game that can't be fixed in a few years. Parker isn't going to grow or become an elite athlete like Wiggins. That's why you take him No. 1.
Josh S. (Philly)

Jerome (IN)

Talk about Noah Vonleh please
Chad Ford  (1:53 PM)

So intriguing. The one guy I could see jumping up into the Top 4. He has some Chris Bosh comps, but he has a better body and can also play down low. People keep calling him raw, but when you look at the advanced statistics he was better than Julius Randle this year. I'm a fan.

Dino Radja (Boston)

True or False: If Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum are off the board, the Celtics will trade their pick.
Chad Ford  (1:54 PM)

To who? Value of that pick goes way down if those four guys are off the board.

Re: Chad Ford chat
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
The Magic and their fondness for Smart and Exum is intriguing. For example, say everything remains status quo and they have the 3rd pick and we have the 5th. Embiid is available at #3, but they do have Vucevic at C and want to fill a need at guard. Wouldn't it be realistic for them to strongly consider Embiid for Smart (assuming Exum goes 4) and the # 17?

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The Magic and their fondness for Smart and Exum is intriguing. For example, say everything remains status quo and they have the 3rd pick and we have the 5th. Embiid is available at #3, but they do have Vucevic at C and want to fill a need at guard. Wouldn't it be realistic for them to strongly consider Embiid for Smart (assuming Exum goes 4) and the # 17?

I'd be willing to bet that if Orlando picks #3, and Wiggins and Parker go 1 and 2, they'll take Exum at #3.

Terrific backcourt complement to Oladipo. The two know one another too; Exum's talked about how it would be great to end up in Orlando.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I'd be willing to bet that if Orlando picks #3, and Wiggins and Parker go 1 and 2, they'll take Exum at #3.

Terrific backcourt complement to Oladipo. The two know one another too; Exum's talked about how it would be great to end up in Orlando.

I'm sure they'll take Exum over Smart, but they are also really high on Smart. In fact, the rumor is that they would've selected him over Oladipo last year. So it boils down to what do the Magic value more, Exum or Smart and the #17?

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I'm sure they'll take Exum over Smart, but they are also really high on Smart. In fact, the rumor is that they would've selected him over Oladipo last year. So it boils down to what do the Magic value more, Exum or Smart and the #17?

Considering they have pick #12 already, I'm going to guess Exum has more value than Smart and a third 1st-round pick.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
After reading this I am rooting for Orlando to get a good pick (in the case that we don't). If they pick Smart ahead of us there is more chance that someone like Embiid or Parker slips to us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
That Boston fan has a great username.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
OK, so take the Orlando thing a step farther.  Say they get #1 and we get #3.  Would they just take Parker and then the best PG available at #12 or do they pick Wiggins even though they like Victor O at SG?  Would they trade Wiggins to us for Exum and a future first, or maybe trade us Oladipo and end up with Wiggins and Exum.

I think things are going to get exciting as the draft approaches, even if we don't do anything but make our two picks.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
OK, so take the Orlando thing a step farther.  Say they get #1 and we get #3.  Would they just take Parker and then the best PG available at #12 or do they pick Wiggins even though they like Victor O at SG?  Would they trade Wiggins to us for Exum and a future first, or maybe trade us Oladipo and end up with Wiggins and Exum.

I think things are going to get exciting as the draft approaches, even if we don't do anything but make our two picks.

I think they'd still take Wiggins at #1. Then offer the #12 pick and additional assets for the Celtics' #3. Not sure if Ainge would bite on that.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Most interesting tidbit in that snippet is the praise for Vonleh. Sounds like our fall back plan .. . if the balls don't bounce our way.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Dino Radja (Boston)

True or False: If Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum are off the board, the Celtics will trade their pick.

Bold it.  Underline it.  Put it in all caps.

TO WHO?  VALUE OF THAT PICK GOES WAY DOWN IF THOSE FOUR GUYS ARE OFF THE BOARD.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Dino Radja (Boston)

A team that really wants Smart. Or Randle.

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Dino Radja (Boston)

That's not really true, even if you bold it, underline it, and put it all in caps.  There seems to be a clear separation between the top three and then everybody else.

Then there appears to be another tier of prospects lumped in the four to seven or eight range.

Exum is included in that second group.  Sorry, he's not in the group of Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Dino Radja (Boston)

I hope Ford is right. Then the Celts can draft Gordon.   

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Dino Radja (Boston)

A team that really wants Smart. Or Randle.

Yeah.