Author Topic: Shabazz Napier would love to be a Celtic  (Read 13675 times)

Shabazz Napier would love to be a Celtic
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
UCONN star Shabazz Napier got the chance to throw out the first pitch at the Red Sox game on Saturday.

Could Boston sports fans get to see a whole lot more of Napier after the NBA draft?

The Roxbury native was asked what it would be like to be drafted by the Boston Celtics. He was very excited about the possibility.

“That would be crazy.” said Napier, “Growing up, that’s something I envisioned myself playing for the Celtics… When you’re from the New England area, you just want to be a part of it because you know how special it is.”

I would love for him to be on the Celtics, but he just doesn't fit a need... His game reminds me a lot of Bayless, except with better shooting, but he can't finish as well, nor is he as athletic.

With the 17th/18th pick, I would trade one of our second rounders to move up and snatch Staukas..

I think Staukas will be a great SG in the future. Yes people are worried about his defense, and dribbling skills, but from a guy who has actually met him, (he was a very chill guy, one of my old friends knew him personally, and he said whats up to us, and talked a little bit,) there is a lot to like about him.

I think him and Rondo would be a deadly duo, especially since Rondo can feed him the ball, and Staukas averaged 1.41 PPO on catch and shoot situations.

I would love for us to lock up Bradley, so the two can mix and match depending on match ups, but...

I wouldn't mind if Shabazz was here. I would still want Staukas, as I think he seems like the best choice for us.

Interesting thought, if we drafted Noah Vonleh, Shabazz, we would have 3 MA players including Pressey.

All credits/links goes to redsarmy.com

http://redsarmy.com/2014/04/23/your-morning-dump-where-shabazz-napier-envisioned-himself-as-a-celtic/
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Shabazz Napier would love to be a Celtic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Draft Napier and Vonleh, trade for MCW and Noel, draft Wayne Selden next year. We can have the all-Massachusetts team.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:56:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I wouldn't mind seeing the celtics buying a 2nd rounder and snagging Napier, depending on how our guard situation works out.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Philly has 5 2nd round picks..i wouldn't mind seeing the Celtics trading for one of those and drafting Napier
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I like napier but isn't he a PG? and isn't he real short?

I can't stand a 2 PG back court, it accomplishes nothing.

just looked up his height and no thanks. even for a PG he's short, i'd rather just stick with pressey.

as a back up PG i'd take him but I never want to see him play SG. waste of time for everyone.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Bogans, Pressey, Babb, and Johnson all get traded as non-guaranteed contracts for a player that would open up the back up PG spot that Pressey was filling. If we could buy a second rounder and Napier could come into that Pressey role, then sure, why not. let's do that.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:41 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'd take him ala pressey draft.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I like napier but isn't he a PG? and isn't he real short?

I can't stand a 2 PG back court, it accomplishes nothing.

just looked up his height and no thanks. even for a PG he's short, i'd rather just stick with pressey.

as a back up PG i'd take him but I never want to see him play SG. waste of time for everyone.

The Knicks went to 54 wins largely on the back of a 2 Point backcourt. Denver had recent success with that kind of lineup too.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I love this kid. Reminds me a little of Alan Iverson, although obviously not in the same class.  Would love to work out a late first round pick and swoop him up. I think it would be a steal.  He is way undervalued because of his age, and maybe his height.   He has PG ball handling skills.

Maybe trade the 17th pick down about 10 slots and pick up a 2nd round pick in the process. Someone really decent (maybe a project) is going to be around in the 2nd round.

I got goose bumps when on national TV he professed his love for the Celtics. What a great story that would be, kid from Mission Hill projects on the Celtics.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I would not be happy if we drafted Shabazz at 17. If we can draft him I hope it is with a purchased second round pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would draft napier at 17 or trade down to get him. He is a deadly shooter and we all saw what he did under immense pressure. Would work better under stevens

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would not be happy if we drafted Shabazz at 17. If we can draft him I hope it is with a purchased second round pick.

He cemented to be chosen in the 1st round after that performance

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 11:07:41 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I wouldn't bet against Napier.  that's all I'm saying.  I'm not in love with his game nor do I see the fit with the Celtics.....but I'm not betting against him.  Kid can ball.  Tough as nails.  If he's in Green next season as a backup to Rondo I would NOT be disappointed. 

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

He cemented to be chosen in the 1st round after that performance
Draft Express has him at 28 as does Sporting News and Chad Ford. The only website that has him around 17 is nbadraft.net and their mocks tend to be the least reliable. I think 17 is too high for him, I guess I would be fine with drafting him 25+ but we would need to buy a first to do so.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:26:44 AM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I love hometown heroes so as long as they don't take their talents to South Beach 7 years later :)

if we get Napier, Pressey is gone (Though I don't think Pressey was ever part of our long term plans anyways), I do not mind Napier backing up Rondo. I agree and disagree with some of the posts stated above.

After the March Madness Tourney, I DO NOT think Shabazz will fall to the 2nd round. I think he is a mid first rounder ranging from 15-25. Also, I think him backing Rondo or a 2 pg rotation could be beneficial depending on the situation.