Author Topic: Per Woj Evan Turner and Lance Stephenson had fist fight day before G1  (Read 8342 times)

Re: Per Woj Evan Turner and Lance Stephenson had fist fight day before G1
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Indiana is so overrated. George is overrated, Stephenson is overrated, Hibbert is the most overrated player in the league. They have ways to go before they can dethrone Miami. This is sad if they're the biggest competition to Lebron in the Eastern Conference. Hopefully the Wizards or Raptors take the leap next year to contenders.
Hibbert is just really comfortable attacking Miami in the paint and defending Miami with his size. His other big series was against Chandler last year who had just gotten outplayed by an out-of-gas KG.

Definitely a player who needs the right match up to "dominate", though people get too hung up on his personal stats at times. When he's on the floor overall his team rebounds at an elite level and defends at an elite level. Being that big, taking up space with a scheme, and boxing out effectively can do wonders for a team.

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He was also getting the most benefit of the doubt on defense that I've ever seen a big man get since the 2006 rule changes during the first half of the season.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Indiana is so overrated. George is overrated, Stephenson is overrated, Hibbert is the most overrated player in the league. They have ways to go before they can dethrone Miami. This is sad if they're the biggest competition to Lebron in the Eastern Conference. Hopefully the Wizards or Raptors take the leap next year to contenders.
Hibbert is just really comfortable attacking Miami in the paint and defending Miami with his size. His other big series was against Chandler last year who had just gotten outplayed by an out-of-gas KG.

Definitely a player who needs the right match up to "dominate", though people get too hung up on his personal stats at times. When he's on the floor overall his team rebounds at an elite level and defends at an elite level. Being that big, taking up space with a scheme, and boxing out effectively can do wonders for a team.

Oh, he's definitely a key piece to the Pacers. But being 7'2, I expect him to just completely dominate the opposing bigs. I just don't see the top-3 center people tend to label him at times. He's good, but I expect him to be a lot better than he is.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Lance has always been a knucklehead
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Oh, he's definitely a key piece to the Pacers. But being 7'2, I expect him to just completely dominate the opposing bigs. I just don't see the top-3 center people tend to label him at times. He's good, but I expect him to be a lot better than he is.
have to agree with you.  I thought he'd be more dominant by now.  he's got all the tools to be a top 3 center based on talent rather than because there's a dearth of real centers in the league right now

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:03 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
have to agree with you.  I thought he'd be more dominant by now.  he's got all the tools to be a top 3 center based on talent rather than because there's a dearth of real centers in the league right now
Why do you think that? Hibbert is really big but he's not particularly talented for a NBA player of his size. There is a reason he was only the 17th pick in the draft.

If anything I think Hibbert has come pretty close to maxing out his potential the past two years.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Anybody still want to sign Stephenson this offseason?

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Or pick up Turner?

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Nope.

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Or pick up Turner?

Never would consider it.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things

Or pick up Turner?
Ok obviously lance is a hot head but turner isn't an angel. Ever since his incident with hawes I knew he was a bad teammate. His game is weak as well. You don't trade assets for more assets and you don't give up cap space for assets. We need quality players. But man I would of loved to see lance beat him up lol. Maybe this will make them both play with an edge??
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Anybody still see signing Stephenson as preferable to bringing back Bradley?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Anyone still want to keep Sullinger around for another contract?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But sources told ESPN.com that it's not the first time in recent weeks that Stephenson has clashed with a teammate.

Sources said that Stephenson and Pacers guard George Hill had to be separated on the bench during a 26-point home loss to San Antonio on March 31. And when Roy Hibbert made his well-chronicled complaints to NBA.com in late March about "some selfish dudes in here," sources say he was essentially referring to Stephenson

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10827330/2014-nba-playoffs-frank-vogel-indiana-pacers-coaching-job

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I would gladly take Stephenson over Bradley. Boxing gloves and all.

Edit: but just to be clear neither are my number 1 or 2 options. Bradley is a problem on the court while Stephenson is a problem off it. :)