Author Topic: Pierce calls Net "soft" in game 2  (Read 3535 times)

Re: Pierce calls Net "soft" in game 2
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:11:29 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
this is just to hype the team and give boost to the team like doc rivers said last year

but the problem here is blatche sucks big time cant defend nor rebounds
plumlee foul troubles
thorton? maybe i take terry over him, this is where i need 3's
anderson? he is terrible
d-will needs to put 10 assist per game
kg's minutes restriction is a bad idea

and lastly guitterez and collins are a bad signing
i'd rather gamble on daniel gibson or gilbert arenas as point guard
and ivan johnson or hamed haddadi or 1 player from china or europe, not named jason collins

you can let valencuinas get rebounds every game every minutes of the game
pierce was killed by amir and patterson
johnson was defended by fields

that is the problem againts the heat, would you put lebron as SF for johnson?
i'd rather have johnson on wade and livingston guarding cole or allen at the bench, while williams on chalmer, and let pierce on battier and lebron, with kirilenko, i will have mirza on haslem and beasly as PF with blatche, i think andersen and plumlee of the bench would be fine, besides oden sucks

kg needs help defense and rebounding
as for celtics kg rondo pierce you mostly rebounding players
williams doesn't assist and rebounds

and lastly
don't sleep on hansbrough novak hayes salmons
they can play, better than collins blatche guiterrez sitting on the bench
de colo could play better than teague

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
i could even see this line-up working if collins was not signed
williams (livingston or anderson)
johnson (livingston or anderson)
pierce/ak47
ivan johnson (with mirza as back-up)
kg

or

williams  (livingston or anderson)
johnson  (livingston or anderson)
pierce/ak47
kg (with mirza as back-up)
plumlee (back-up center 7'2 like haddadi, don't care if he doesn't rebound, just protect the rim while plumlee or kg sits) that 7'2 is better than collins committing unlimited fouls

blatche will only play if he doesn't make mistakes

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Pierce is trying to fire up his team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Pierce is trying to fire up his team

i agree but if you look at what doc rivers said, kg pierce bass bradley rondo are enough
thats a tough team also before

i think even pierce said this team sucks, it wont matter
blatche can't defend and can't rebounds
collins is useless
thorton don't help
anderson 3 points?
johnson got a problem guarded by fields or even novak, he will have a problem
d-will don't put up some big great assist 10+ like john wall and cp3 and rondo
kg can't handle valencuinas alone
plumlee is always in foul trouble

i think raptors cant beat brooklyn in a half-court situations
but... if the nets can score and so is the raptors can also score
attack the basket more, used valenciunas more, outrebound kg, nets got a big problem
again unless d-will put up some 10+ assist in a game, it will help a lot for them to advance 2nd round,
because nets keep on shooting and missing shots and the hell no one is getting the ball for rebounds, they can't even attack the rim with valenciunas roaming inside, if this is a heat team, they will double team valencuinas and pushed him on the weak side, lebron will attack the basket or wade

kidd should put more minutes on mirza for offense, and kg for rebounds,

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The same Pierce that went 2-11?  ::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Gotta agree. If Pierce had shot .45% they would have won.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So if you don't shoot well in a given game you shouldn't comment on it and clearly played poorly no matter what else you were doing on the floor? Never knew the ability to a hit a three is what matters when it comes to talking about what happened in a basketball game.

Pierce is right, Toronto got 50% of available rebounds on their missed shots last night. 50%!

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
So if you don't shoot well in a given game you shouldn't comment on it and clearly played poorly no matter what else you were doing on the floor? Never knew the ability to a hit a three is what matters when it comes to talking about what happened in a basketball game.

Pierce is right, Toronto got 50% of available rebounds on their missed shots last night. 50%!

I didn't realize that they changed the scoreboard when you got a lot of rebounds?

;D

This conversation is starting to remind me of the early season Gerald Wallace threads and whether or not he should call out the team when he wasn't playing so well.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I didn't realize that they changed the scoreboard when you got a lot of rebounds?

;D

This conversation is starting to remind me of the early season Gerald Wallace threads and whether or not he should call out the team when he wasn't playing so well.

Glad to see this criticism extends past Gerald.  I for one have no problem if a player calls out his team for not playing well (which is different than not making shots), even if he goes 2-11.  Getting in better position for rebounding is in your control, diving for loose balls is in your control, making good passes and taking good shots is in your control.  Making shots is of course in your control, but that's not about decision-making and effort as it is about skill.  Effort can be controlled nightly -- skill is something that's not going to be fixed between games.

There are going to be those games where you take good shots and play with effort and you lose.  The Celtics had a fair number of those this year.  But when you let your opponent get the ball back on half of their misses, that's likely effort.  With the number of turnovers the Nets defense (or Raptors offense) caused last night, the Nets should have won.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

;D

The thing with Wallace is that he was constantly doing it and throwing personal insults despite NEVER having a good game in green.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

;D

The thing with Wallace is that he was constantly doing it and throwing personal insults despite NEVER having a good game in green.

Hyperbole is so lazy.

You do know he led the team in field goal percentage, right?  Also steals.  I'm not saying he was amazing, because he wasn't, but he brought it every night, and arguably shot the ball better than anyone.   He also led non-guards in assists.  I don't mind that he called out teammates a fair bit, because Gerald Wallace should not be leading the team in FG%. or eFG% after Courtney Lee was traded.  In fact, he was last in usage percentage amongst Celtics regulars (above only Babb, Anthony, and Bogans).  Arguably he should have been given the ball more and not less.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:59:12 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

;D

And, I would venture, because he's not Paul Pierce.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 12:10:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Arguably he should have been given the ball more and not less.
Wallace had the ball plenty of touches, he just refused to shoot the ball or attempt to make plays with it. He wanted no part of making plays or shooting with the ball the vast majority of the time he was on the court.

Made him a big negative offensively to the point that his defensive value was easily negated.

Back on topic:

Pierce didn't do any of that hot potatoe crap last night. He played hard and tough but shot poorly while taking the shots that the Nets have built for him in their offense. And once again he's absolutely right the Nets can't allow a team to get 50% of their misses.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 12:35:22 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
pierce did the right thing and much like his performance in gm 1, this is also what they brought him there for.

he was in foul trouble for most of the night so he had no offensive flow to his game. not only did the nets play soft but they didn't acknowledge the fact that they might need to win this game without pierce.