Author Topic: Celtics and Magic should swap picks  (Read 2477 times)

Celtics and Magic should swap picks
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Magic need a pf or point guard. They have a really good and young 2, 3 and 5, (Oladipo, Harris and Vucevic). At pick 5, at least two of  Exum, Randle and Smart are basically guaranteed to be available. Celts throw in their second first rounder and get Parker or Embiid.

Re: Celtics and Magic should swap picks
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The lottery hasn't even been done yet; it's entirely possible for the Celtics to end up with the number 1 pick, rendering such a trade unnecessary.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I assume this is going off Chad Ford's recent mock draft. The problem is if the Celtics end up with the 5th or 6th pick (4th is impossible as we all know) they may not be in a position to draft Exum if he goes in the top 4 as expected. I doubt the Magic are more interested in Smart or Randle than Exum.

The Celtics probably have a better chance trading out of 5 or 6 than into the top 3, unfortunately. This is why winning those two games the last week of the season and losing the subsequent coin flip could have been damaging in a draft where some believe there to be 4 star-level players.

Not that I necessarily hold that view, mind you. Just pointing out what the general scouting consensus seems to be. I believe the top 3 is pretty much locked but maybe workouts can still change what happens from pick 4 onwards.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Teams like the Celts and Magic need to draft based upon talent, not due to position.  I mean, would anybody really pass on Wiggins or Parker because they have Tobias Harris?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:30:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Teams like the Celts and Magic need to draft based upon talent, not due to position.  I mean, would anybody really pass on Wiggins or Parker because they have Tobias Harris?

I think in this draft this is especially true, last years' draft, maybe not.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that one of the teams in the top 3 could swap picks, but it would cost a pretty darn penny. And swapping picks from the top-4 to 5th or worse is absolutely out of the realm of possibility.

But it's fun to think about.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

There were rumors that the Magic were very high on Exum......

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If the celtics had won the coin flip and the magic were 3 and celtics were 4 I could see this happening. I'm sure the magic are tired of drafting HoF Centers only to have them leave so they might try for Exum.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:17:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

There were rumors that the Magic were very high on Exum......

Well there were very substantiated rumors that the magic loved Smart too, but I doubt that means they pass on Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid for them.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
People should really wait until the Combine and draft. We don't know how good exum and Saric and others will be in a nba system.

So yeah, wait till they are all tested by the C's and the draft is set in order before talking about trading picks.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I want Randle. That's my guy and someone who will likely fall to the Celts

BUT....I noticed Orlando also has Denver's 1st round pick which is projected at either 12 or 13.

What about seeing if the Celts could swap their Brooklyn pick with Orlando's Denver pick to get Tyler Ennis?

Sounds like he can score with the best of them and could be a very successful point guard in the NBA?

After reading scouting reports, I really don't have any interest in Exum.