Author Topic: Chad ford mock draft 4.0  (Read 9810 times)

Re: Chad ford mock draft 4.0
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Its pretty good. I will be extremely satisfied with getting gordon. I can def see embiid dropping to 4th. Jazz wont let him pass them

Capela has alot of upside. I would rather have him learn under stevens and provide some rim protection when we need it.

For the 17th pick I also like mcgary, mcdaniel and any player prior to 17 that drops
That would be brutal if we picked #5 and Embiid dropped to #4 and lived up to expectations.

More likely we'll be picking 6th or 7th, though.

As much as i like Embiid, he has redflags.  The back issue is not pretty and could be an ongoing thing. Its one thing of taking a chance on a guy like Sullinger at 21 but its another drafting in a player the top 5. Brings back Greg Oden type of horror to my mind.

Embiid also is raw and not somebody right now you can build a team around.

I feel some fans here desperately want Embiid to fill in the void of lack of rim protection and to set us up for the next 10 years like Duncan has for SAS.  There is promise but no assurance

Gordon doesn't have us much upside  and is not a center, but he has accomplished alot more and imo you can build a team around him.  He knows how to play, knows what it takes to win and will go to the extreme to try to make it happen. 

I'm not stating to take Gordon over Embiid if we had the choice but in no way i would be disappointed with drafting Gordon right after Embiid.  He is a top talent and has unique qualities, maturity that some of the other guys are missing.

If the back is a non issue then embiid is the no brainer. His movements are amazingly like Olajuwon. He's already got the dream shake down. For someone so raw his footwork is amazing. It tells me he develops quickly. Assuming the back is fine I believe he's the prospect with the best shot at being a franchise player.

Embiid has all the tools. A bad physical will be the only thing keeping this kid from going number one.

His potential is scary.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Lakers will get a top 3 pick..count on that
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Lakers will get a top 3 pick..count on that
As long as we do too, I don't care.

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its pretty good. I will be extremely satisfied with getting gordon. I can def see embiid dropping to 4th. Jazz wont let him pass them

Capela has alot of upside. I would rather have him learn under stevens and provide some rim protection when we need it.

For the 17th pick I also like mcgary, mcdaniel and any player prior to 17 that drops
That would be brutal if we picked #5 and Embiid dropped to #4 and lived up to expectations.

As much as i like Embiid, he has redflags.  The back issue is not pretty and could be an ongoing thing. Its one thing of taking a chance on a guy like Sullinger at 21 but its another drafting in a player the top 5. Brings back Greg Oden type of horror to my mind.

I feel some fans here desperately want Embiid to fill in the void of lack of rim protection and to set us up for the next 10 years like Duncan has for SAS.  There is promise but no assurance

Gordon doesn't have us much upside  and is not a center, but he has accomplished alot more and imo you can build a team around him.  He knows how to play, knows what it takes to win and will go to the extreme to try to make it happen. 

I'm not stating to take Gordon over Embiid if we had the choice but in no way i would be disappointed with drafting Gordon right after Embiid.  He is a top talent and has unique qualities, maturity that some of the other guys are missing.

If the back is a non issue then embiid is the no brainer. His movements are amazingly like Olajuwon. He's already got the dream shake down. For someone so are his footwork is amazing. It tells me he develops quickly. Assuming the back is fine I believe he's the prospect with the best shot at being a franchise player.

Embiid has all the tools. A bad physical will be the only thing keeping this kid from going number one.

His potential is scary.

I agree. The back issue though scares me. Even though he gets cleared, it might flare up again and again throughout his career.  It's tricky bc he might need surgery for a long term fix or needs to strengthen up his core x 3 . 

Ford to me is correct with Wiggins going #1 to the Bucks and Exum #3 to the magic. But i can't see the 76ers drafting Parker. Look at their team now. Its all guys with athleticism, length, quickness.  Like every guy from PG (MWC) to C (Noel) , Young, even the 10 day contract guys

If Danny really wants, i bet he could trade down by offering the 5th and 17th for Parker and 32nd and 48th picks

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown

If the back is a non issue then embiid is the no brainer. His movements are amazingly like Olajuwon. He's already got the dream shake down. For someone so are his footwork is amazing. It tells me he develops quickly. Assuming the back is fine I believe he's the prospect with the best shot at being a franchise player.

His potential is scary.

I agree. The back issue though scares me. Even though he gets cleared, it might flare up again and again throughout his career.  It's tricky bc he might need surgery for a long term fix or needs to strengthen up his core x 3 . 

Ford to me is correct with Wiggins going #1 to the Bucks and Exum #3 to the magic. But i can't see the 76ers drafting Parker. Look at their team now. Its all guys with athleticism, length, quickness.  Like every guy from PG (MWC) to C (Noel) , Young, even the 10 day contract guys

If Danny really wants, i bet he could trade down by offering the 5th and 17th for Parker and 32nd and 48th picks
I see Parker as a fit on the 76ers no problem. He's a wing scorer, which they need. He may not be Wiggins or Aaron Gordon athletically, but he's hardly unathletic. I really can't see them downgrading in talent just to get the 17th pick.

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

His potential is scary.

I see Parker as a fit on the 76ers no problem. He's a wing scorer, which they need. He may not be Wiggins or Aaron Gordon athletically, but he's hardly unathletic. I really can't see them downgrading in talent just to get the 17th pick.

So what happened to Hawes and Turner?

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
They got dumped is what happened to them. The sixers razed the building and started from scratch beginning with the 2013 draft. Hawes doesn't fit into their long term plans, and Turner is a stiff not worth resigning at the contract he'll be looking for. Evan Turner was AWFUL value to get from the 2nd pick in a draft. Parker, on the other hand, is a high potential 19 year old you build with/around.

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Am I the only one that doesn't really bother with mock drafts until after the lottery?  Seems kind of pointless to me.

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
No thanks to either of them.  I would be really disappointed with those picks.  A top 5 pick on a non power forward/center that can't play in the fourth quarter of any game due to horrendous FT shooting and a guy who best case scenario will be like a 9th man and won't have the skills to play in the NBA until his rookie contract is over.  Chad Ford is losing it

your serious right?  Tell me, how did the US U19 team win the championship , how did Arizona have one of the best records in the regular season, best team defensive stats and was one point away from the final four??

What a loser Gordon is.
Gordon can be a good player but if his absolute best case scenario is Shawn Marion, he is not somebody you can build a team around as you say.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Am I the only one that doesn't really bother with mock drafts until after the lottery?  Seems kind of pointless to me.

Me too. I mean, team needs will clearly influence the picks, and the order can drastically change up. Not to mention that player medical evaluations and workouts will have some heavy influence too.

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Haha.

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No thanks to either of them.  I would be really disappointed with those picks.  A top 5 pick on a non power forward/center that can't play in the fourth quarter of any game due to horrendous FT shooting and a guy who best case scenario will be like a 9th man and won't have the skills to play in the NBA until his rookie contract is over.  Chad Ford is losing it

your serious right?  Tell me, how did the US U19 team win the championship , how did Arizona have one of the best records in the regular season, best team defensive stats and was one point away from the final four??

What a loser Gordon is.
Gordon can be a good player but if his absolute best case scenario is Shawn Marion, he is not somebody you can build a team around as you say.

He is going to be better than Marion imo. You can build around Gordon bc he is an anchor on the defensive end. A rare none center defensive anchor. Also on the offensive end he can do lots of things to help even though he is not a go to type of guy right now. His passing skills, ability to go end to end, tip ins, line drives to the basket, offensive rebounds, unblockable dunks will translate into the nba.   For such a young player it amazes how little he turnsover the ball , especially late in the game
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:14:57 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:03 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
If the C's do draft Aaron Gordon, the quest for a center looks a bit different for us. I don't think Asik is nearly as appealing of an option at that point. In 2-3 years a starting lineup of Rondo, Gordon, and Asik would be a disaster offensively. Maybe a guy like Hawes?

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd love Capela with the second first rounder. Great high upside option. Similar to Milwaukee's Larry Sanders pick a few years ago. I loved him too. Bigs with that type of elite quickness and athleticism (and size) are the types of projects worth taking a punt on.

I'm with you on this one. I'll admit I don't know much about him but what I do know I have enjoyed reading about.

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

What a loser Gordon is.

I for one don't understand all of these comparisons to Marion. Their playing styles really are not all similar.