Author Topic: Chad ford mock draft 4.0  (Read 9831 times)

Chad ford mock draft 4.0
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
1 Andrew Wiggins COLLEGE: Kansas AGE: 19 Class: Frosh HT: 6-8WT: 200POS: SG
Odds of winning lottery: 25 percent
Analysis: Now that the Bucks are for sale, everything about their future is a little up in the air. It's unclear whether the new owners will keep John Hammond and David Morway on. They have two years left on their contract and were actually fighting their owner Herb Kohl the past few years. They wanted to rebuild, but Kohl didn't. Injuries forced the issue this year; it would be ironic if they lost their jobs after delivering the Bucks their first real chance at landing a superstar. Either way, I don't think there's a clear-cut favorite right now. They were leaning toward Joel Embiid before his back injury and could still end up going that way if Embiid comes out with a clean bill of health at the combine. Jabari Parker is the choice if they want someone who can help them win now. But I think the spot is still Wiggins' to lose. He's not the most NBA-ready, and he doesn't have the size or appeal of Embiid. But he has the highest upside of any of the Bucks and could be a monster on the floor next to Giannis Antetokounmpo.

2Jabari ParkerCOLLEGE: DukeAGE: 19Class: FroshHT: 6-8WT: 241POS: SF
Odds of winning lottery: 19.9 percent
Analysis: Ownership deemed this season a success after finishing with the second-worst record in the league. That should be all you need to know about whether they were really tanking. If they end up with the No. 2 overall pick, forgive them for being a little bummed if Wiggins is off the board. However, Parker would be a nice consolation prize. He'd give the Sixers a guy who could score 20 points a night right out of the gate. And the Sixers have the length and athleticism to protect Parker on defense with Michael Carter-Williams in the backcourt and Nerlens Noel in the middle. Embiid is a dark horse here, though. He's not a perfect fit up front with Noel -- they are different players, and both are pretty raw -- but it would be an intriguing teaming nonetheless.

3Dante ExumCOLLEGE: AustraliaAGE: 18HT: 6-6WT: 188POS: PG
Odds of winning lottery: 15.6 percent
Analysis: The Magic will surely be tempted with Embiid on the board, but they really need a point guard, and there are many scouts who believe Exum might be the best prospect in the draft. We will never know for sure because Exum hasn't and won't be able to play against the other top talents in the draft. But his size, quickness, basketball IQ and ability to play both the one and the two should make him an excellent fit in the backcourt next to Victor Oladipo.

4Joel EmbiidCOLLEGE: KansasAGE: 20Class: FroshHT: 7-0WT: 250POS: C
Odds of winning lottery: 10.4 percent
Analysis: Jazz fans want Parker in the worst way, but their team likely will have to win one of the top two spots in the lottery to get their hands on him. With the players left on the board, the Jazz face a quandry. They can go with the guy with the most upside (Embiid), or they can go with a player who can help them right away (Julius Randle). Assuming Embiid is healthy, I think he's the pick here. Pairing him on the floor every night with Derrick Favors would give the Jazz an unbelievable defensive front line. Landing him also might free up the team to explore Enes Kanter trades over the summer. While the Jazz love Kanter, if they have to pay big dollars to Gordon Hayward this summer in free agency, they might not be able to afford to pay him what he wants next summer.

5Aaron GordonCOLLEGE: ArizonaAGE: 18Class: FroshHT: 6-8WT: 210POS: PF
Odds of winning lottery: 10.3 percent
Analysis: The Celtics could go a lot of different ways here, but most of those ways duplicate something they already have. The team would love to get their hands on Embiid, as he would help them with one of their biggest needs. But Gordon is intriguing here. He's a hybrid forward, but his athleticism and motor allow him to thrive at both the three and the four defensively. He adds toughness and does all the little things coaches love. I think he'd be a great fit on this Celtics squad.
17Clint CapelaCOLLEGE: SwitzerlandAGE: 19HT: 6-11WT: 222POS: PF
(pick via Brooklyn Nets)
Analysis: The Celtics could make a long-term move with their second pick. Capela has NBA length and athleticism (think Serge Ibaka), but he's pretty far away from being an NBA player right now. Whether he sticks in Europe for a year or two or comes over now and learns the hard way, getting someone with athletic tools at this point in the draft is worth the gamble.

=====================

Edited.

Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
When quoting from material that is not made freely available (i.e., ESPN.com "Insider" content, etc.), do not quote the entirety of the material.  Posting brief snippets and summaries of the material is appropriate; posting lengthy quotations is not.  Please post a link whenever citing to online material, whether insider content or otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:19:46 PM by Roy H. »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Chad ford mock draft 4.0
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
maybe the top 5 and a link woulda been good enough lol. but i hope the celtics could land a top 3.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What surprises me is he has Embiid sliding to 4.  I would be crushed if that were to happen because we lost the coin flip to Utah (not to mention those last two wins at the end of the season).  Wonder if we could work out a deal with Utah, in the event that they got nervous about his back. Maybe trade them our 5th and 17th for their 4th.  If the chips and Embiid fell that way, I would pull the trigger on that.

Also interesting to see how he likes Gordon's fit for the Celtics.  I too like Gordon, but not the same as Embiid, obviously.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
What surprises me is he has Embiid sliding to 4.  I would be crushed if that were to happen because we lost the coin flip to Utah (not to mention those last two wins at the end of the season).  Wonder if we could work out a deal with Utah, in the event that they got nervous about his back. Maybe trade them our 5th and 17th for their 4th.  If the chips and Embiid fell that way, I would pull the trigger on that.

Also interesting to see how he likes Gordon's fit for the Celtics.  I too like Gordon, but not the same as Embiid, obviously.

i think there were reports that said orlando was really into exum. thats y i think ford put embiid at 4th.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:41:13 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Been calling for Gordon in this spot for us, but Capella?  No way! Unless were movin some pieces around, I don't like the risk.  Rather we take tj Warren at 17.

I'd also like to see Danny get at least another pick somewhere since this draft is pretty deep.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:48:35 PM by cltc5 »

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Its pretty good. I will be extremely satisfied with getting gordon. I can def see embiid dropping to 4th. Jazz wont let him pass them

Capela has alot of upside. I would rather have him learn under stevens and provide some rim protection when we need it.

For the 17th pick I also like mcgary, mcdaniel and any player prior to 17 that drops

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:36 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I"d be thrilled if Nurkic were still there for the C's second pick, but DraftExpress has moved him up to 11 already.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:05:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Its pretty good. I will be extremely satisfied with getting gordon. I can def see embiid dropping to 4th. Jazz wont let him pass them

Capela has alot of upside. I would rather have him learn under stevens and provide some rim protection when we need it.

For the 17th pick I also like mcgary, mcdaniel and any player prior to 17 that drops
That would be brutal if we picked #5 and Embiid dropped to #4 and lived up to expectations.

More likely we'll be picking 6th or 7th, though.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Been calling for Gordon in this spot for us, but Capella?  No way! Unless were movin some pieces around, I don't like the risk.  Rather we take tj Warren at 17.

I'd also like to see Danny get at least another pick somewhere since this draft is pretty deep.

Yah, especially since he has Nurkic available (which I doubt will happen, but let's go with it) why would you take Capella?

In truth, I expect Nurkic to be gone by the time we pick #17, and Capella to go sometime in the early 20s.   Both guys are benefiting from the absence of centers in this draft, but Nurkic at least has the size and some already decent offensive skills.  Plus, despite his massive size, he does have quick feet so probably will prove to be a pretty decent defender.   Capella is so skinny and raw with his skills.  I think he's more of a gamble, hoping he can be developed.

If Danny is going to burn his 2nd pick on 'promise and potential' in a center, then he might as well try and trade it for an extra 2015 1st round pick (unprotected).   Because he has a better chance of getting a decent quality center out of that draft.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:50 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Well I played my first post mock Lottery on ESPN since the season ended and got this..That works for me...Minus the Lakers winning the lottery..LOL

1. LAKERS
Andrew Wiggins

2. NUGGETS
Jabari Parker

3.CELTICS
Joel Embiid

4.BUCKS
Julius Randle

5.SIXERS
Dante Exum

6.MAGIC
Marcus Smart

7.JAZZ
Aaron Gordon

8.KINGS
Tyler Ennis

9.BOBCATS
Noah Vonleh

10.CAVS
Doug McDermott

11.SIXERS
Gary Harris

12.MAGIC
Dario Saric

13.WOLVES
Nik Stauskas

14.SUNS
Zach La
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No thanks to either of them.  I would be really disappointed with those picks.  A top 5 pick on a non power forward/center that can't play in the fourth quarter of any game due to horrendous FT shooting and a guy who best case scenario will be like a 9th man and won't have the skills to play in the NBA until his rookie contract is over.  Chad Ford is losing it

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd love Capela with the second first rounder. Great high upside option. Similar to Milwaukee's Larry Sanders pick a few years ago. I loved him too. Bigs with that type of elite quickness and athleticism (and size) are the types of projects worth taking a punt on.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 06:50:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

That would be brutal if we picked #5 and Embiid dropped to #4 and lived up to expectations.

As much as i like Embiid, he has redflags.  The back issue is not pretty and could be an ongoing thing. Its one thing of taking a chance on a guy like Sullinger at 21 but its another drafting a player in the top 5. Brings back Greg Oden type of horror to my mind.

Embiid also is raw and not somebody right now you can build a team around.

I feel some fans here desperately want Embiid to fill in the void of lack of rim protection and to set us up for the next 10 years like Duncan has for SAS.  There is promise but no assurance

Gordon doesn't have as much upside  and is not a center, but he has accomplished alot more and imo you can build a team around him.  He knows how to play, knows what it takes to win and will go to the extreme to try to make it happen. 

I'm not stating to take Gordon over Embiid if we had the choice but in no way i would be disappointed with drafting Gordon right after Embiid.  He is a top talent and has unique qualities, maturity that some of the other guys are missing.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:57:37 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Always the pessimist.

Come on Bird!

Happy thoughts.

Something weird about how one of the fourth/fifth position almost always pick in the top three right?

Reds got us this time around.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
No thanks to either of them.  I would be really disappointed with those picks.  A top 5 pick on a non power forward/center that can't play in the fourth quarter of any game due to horrendous FT shooting and a guy who best case scenario will be like a 9th man and won't have the skills to play in the NBA until his rookie contract is over.  Chad Ford is losing it

your serious right?  Tell me, how did the US U19 team win the championship , how did Arizona have one of the best records in the regular season, best team defensive stats and was one point away from the final four??

What a loser Gordon is.