Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal and Doc Rivers going at it.  (Read 1630 times)

Jermaine O'Neal and Doc Rivers going at it.
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
For those who didn't see the game last night ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrxh7fyhxzI

Do you guys think that those two had problems back when Jermaine played for the C's, or were they just caught in the heat of the battle ::)?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Jermaine O'Neal and Doc Rivers going at it.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:28:47 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
While Sheed is usually the guy that most Celtics fan associate with only being in it for the paycheck and not giving a single, well, anything about the team, I've never heard any Celtics player say anything bad about Wallace -- that's strictly the fans.

The same can not be said for Jermaine O'Neal.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:29:42 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
they obviously do not like each other. It must take some deep animosity for Doc the ultimate diplomat to show emotion like that.

Nice to see Doc exposed. He always kind of struck me as a pretentious guy.

Now we know why Jermaine did not play when he was with the Celtics.

Can you say he was in the DocHouse?

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
While Sheed is usually the guy that most Celtics fan associate with only being in it for the paycheck and not giving a single, well, anything about the team, I've never heard any Celtics player say anything bad about Wallace -- that's strictly the fans.

The same can not be said for Jermaine O'Neal.
Right. Everyone kinda shrugged at Sheed, we cringed with JO.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
they obviously do not like each other. It must take some deep animosity for Doc the ultimate diplomat to show emotion like that.

Nice to see Doc exposed. He always kind of struck me as a pretentious guy.

Now we know why Jermaine did not play when he was with the Celtics.

Can you say he was in the DocHouse?

Also, Doc is very smart. His team already looked like they were going to win the game, but after that Tech he gave his team a different fire. They love to see that their coach is so invested in them that he'd go at a player on their behalf..after that how can you not play hard.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Happens....playoffs baby!

Hopefully next year our guys will be in the dance.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Do you guys think that those two had problems back when Jermaine played for the C's, or were they just caught in the heat of the battle ::)?

There's a poster here who works security (or something like that) in the Phoenix area and gets to meet a lot of players.

Said he talked to Jermaine when he got to the Suns last year and asked him about his time in Boston.  Had nothing but good things to say about Boston and the organization, but said the issue was he got in a big argument with Doc early in his first season, and never really got out of the dog house after that.  (I think Jermaine may have even said it was his fault).

I would say there's definitely some animosity there from their time together in Boston.

Edit:  found the original post:

Yahoo Sports reports Jermaine O'Neal and GM Lance Blanks "engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday."
Related: Marcin Gortat

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

"Well joke is on you, Lance Blanks! I'm a Toys R Us kid, and your name makes you sound like a really terrible superhero! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to collect the remainder of my paycheck from my couch because I think you're mean." - Jermaine O'Neal
This situation is funny to me because I hung out with Jermaine Saturday & he was very candid while talking about alot of things. He says he absolutely loved the playing for the Celtics & wouldn't mind playing there again. He says the injury that kept him out was overblown just to keep him away from the team because he & Doc got into a physical altercation & that Doc wanted no more parts of him. He says he was sorry about it & he & Doc has since appologized to each other. But the player & coach relationship had soured enough to where he could no longer be a member in that locker room. But what I think is the funniest thing is that he also said "I will only be in Phoenix another week maybe if things go right" so I asked "Are you hearing your name in trades or something?" He said "Not really that but I got some things in play if things go right" and of course me not wanting to beat a dead horse I tried to figure those things out myself. But starting a profanity laced tirade at the front office escaped my imagination! Jermaine is such a nice guy, very polite & approachable guy, that I'm assuming he went in & asked for his release & the Suns frontmen said no we are not going to do that & he then got angry & his temper got the best of him. Maybe I'm being biased because he liked me enough to wanna be my friend & hangout away from the ballcourt but I have encountered many NBA cats & he's the 2nd coolest guy I've ever met only behind Shawn Marion. Very down to earth superstars or former how ever you wanna look at it. He really wants a title before he retires & he said as much & he was only using Phoenix to show he was healthy again & they were supposed to be his stepping stone to flip to a contender later. Looks like I may get to keep a friend for a year though now that Phoenix may not accommodate him. :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:40:32 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I love the fact/idea that Shawn Marion is the coolest Sun.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.