Author Topic: The Lin-Asik Gap Year Plan  (Read 15582 times)

Re: The Lin-Asik Gap Year Plan
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
the lottery will determine if we trade Rondo or build around him. If we get a top 3 pick, Rondo is gone. If we don't, I expect the pick and some of the younger guys to be traded for vets to build around Rondo and compete now.

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
the lottery will determine if we trade Rondo or build around him. If we get a top 3 pick, Rondo is gone. If we don't, I expect the pick and some of the younger guys to be traded for vets to build around Rondo and compete now.

Why trade Rondo? Would it be better to get the Wiggins/Parker/Embiid and keep Rondo

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Why trade Rondo? Would it be better to get the Wiggins/Parker/Embiid and keep Rondo

Nope. Rondo is like 10 years older than those guys. That team would suck for at least a few more years and Rondo would bolt. It's best to trade him for another pick or young prospects to matchup with Wiggins/Parker/Embiid, Sullinger, KO, and our future Nets picks.

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Nope. Rondo is like 10 years older than those guys. That team would suck for at least a few more years and Rondo would bolt. It's best to trade him for another pick or young prospects to matchup with Wiggins/Parker/Embiid, Sullinger, KO, and our future Nets picks.

Ainge has plenty of assets to use if he gets a top 3 pick that could improve the team without ditching Rondo. 

Mike

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If the team's going to suck for at least a few more years then you probably didn't draft anything that you can really build around.

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

If the team's going to suck for at least a few more years then you probably didn't draft anything that you can really build around.

Yea, because Lebron, Durant, Kobe, all went to the finals in their first 2 seasons right? And Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid are no Lebron, Kobe or Durant either.

Wiggins and Embiid need 2-3 more years to develop, and Parker is a bit more ready but has a few more limitations than them. It doesn't mean that they are not worth building around. Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond are studs, yet they didn't lead their respective teams into the playoffs in their first two seasons either.

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Ainge has plenty of assets to use if he gets a top 3 pick that could improve the team without ditching Rondo. 

Mike

Rondo is the biggest of those assets. He won't stick around if we don't add some major talent this summer.

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yea, because Lebron, Durant, Kobe, all went to the finals in their first 2 seasons right? And Wiggins, Parker, and Embiid are no Lebron, Kobe or Durant either.

Wiggins and Embiid need 2-3 more years to develop, and Parker is a bit more ready but has a few more limitations than them. It doesn't mean that they are not worth building around. Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond are studs, yet they didn't lead their respective teams into the playoffs in their first two seasons either.

I think the jury's still out on whether you'll ever get anywhere with Drummond as your best player. He's clearly not in the Anthony Davis class right now. As for the Celts, I think that Danny would want to add to Rondo and the draft pick and win fairly soon. If they need years to develop then there's really no way to know how good they'll ultimately be. You already seem to think that they aren't going to be on the level of LeBron, Kobe or Durant. How far below that is the million dollar question.

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 11:34:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Watching the Rockets-Blazers series, man do I wish we could trade for Aldridge!