Author Topic: idea/question  (Read 654 times)

idea/question
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
let me 1st say I hate this section of the CB forum. as I just can't stand most of the crazy ideas and what not.

anyway, this thread
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=70534.0
got me thinking and wondering. for those that believe ainge was talking about Houston and Asik specifically.

without looking at the numbers and what's possible and what isn't. is there a chance we trade our 1st rnd pick + bass, green for chandler parsons, Asik?

is parsons that good or would that be too much? seemed to me he had kind of a comin out party last night.

Re: idea/question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There were many in the Hou forum at the trade deadline who didn't even want a Rondo for Parsons trade. While that is pretty ridiculous, it shows just how much they value Parsons. I think Hou would be after non-guaranteed contracts or a trade exception. They may like Green, but not nearly as much as Anthony.

The deal would most likely be broken into two parts:

Trade exception for Asik

BKN pick, one of the NJ picks, and one of our young Assets for Parsons. There is honestly no reason for them to trade Parsons. He is super cheap and is not in the way of them possibly landing Anthony. If they do decide to trade him, it would most likely be for several decent picks.