Poll

Sully/'14 pick, Green, any one of the future Nets pick, 2 second rounders for DMC?

YES!
11 (57.9%)
No!
2 (10.5%)
Depends on where we pick in the draft
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Would you do this trade for DMC?..  (Read 5592 times)

Re: Would you do this trade for DMC?..
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I would trade anyone for demarcus. Look at his stats from this season, he put up his best season so far and has an argument for best center in the league.he even put up assists.

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:34 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I really like this idea by the OP to target Cousins.

I really like him as a player and could be another great trade target.
(Rondo/Cousins as the new LOB city!)

Also, Cousins can give the team that toughness we've been missing
since the days of Perk, Sheed, Shaq and Powe.

Just to further expand, how about this idea as well?

Celts get:
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Jason Terry
Reggie Evans
Carl Landry

Kings get:
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Kelly Olynyk
Keith Bogans
Brandon Bass
Joel Anthony
Celts 2014 1st rd pick.
Brooklyn 2016 1st rd pick.

Deal would have to wait til after June 30th because the Celts would be re-acquiring a player in Terry that they dealt a year prior.

Also, I really like this lineup

PG-Rondo/Pressey
SG-Bradley/Jet
SF-Gay/Wallace
PF-Landry/Evans
C-Cousins/Faverani

Really? Jet and Evans are entering Father's time and you trade a young KO, and Bass for them? And i don't see there's any upgrade in acquiring Gay and Landry, just of similar caliber of Jeff and Bass, probably worse. I think it would be better focusing on a trade for just cousins.

If the Kings deal Cousins, they will have no use for veteran players like Evans and Terry (who didn't even bother to show up and play for the team when he was dealt to Sac from Brooklyn.)
Ditto for a player like Carl Landry.

As for Sully, Olynyk and the draft pick, you are going to have to give that up anyway to get Cousins so might as well raid other players on their roster for depth.

And, I think Rudy Gay is a better player than Jeff Green (also friends with Rondo, which sways Rondo into staying.)

I am not a huge Rondo fan, but if DA decides to keep Rondo and build around him with veteran players in hopes of winning another title, I am cool with that.

He's got my permission ;D

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I agree with most of the above. If it is a top 3 pick, then no, but if it's outside the top 3 pick, I'd trade that pick with any other player on the team not named Rondo

Rondo and Cousins seems like a good cornerstone moving forward, and I honestly think Cousins should be an all-star this year. Put him on the East and I think he can dominate

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 10:22:38 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I agree with most of the above. If it is a top 3 pick, then no, but if it's outside the top 3 pick, I'd trade that pick with any other player on the team not named Rondo

Rondo and Cousins seems like a good cornerstone moving forward, and I honestly think Cousins should be an all-star this year. Put him on the East and I think he can dominate

I would even disagree with this. I just don't think Parker, Embiid or Wiggins are going to offer you what DeMarcus Cousins can, both in the short and long term.

Of course, that's just one man's opinion.

Besides, I think the odds are against us landing a top 3 pick anyway.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I would even disagree with this. I just don't think Parker, Embiid or Wiggins are going to offer you what DeMarcus Cousins can, both in the short and long term.

I guess, it's just I think Wiggins/Parker and Embiid has so much potential...however, if that trade were to happen even with a top 3 pick I'll be happy regardless. I LOVE Cousin's game. Very underrated, fierce competitor and unfortunately on a bad team. I feel very very comfortable moving forward with him. If it's young center's we are going after, Cousins and Drummond tops my list and I lean towards choosing Cousins because of his offensive game.

I don't think Sac is ready to part ways with Cousins yet, but I would push hard for Cousins. Please don't kill me, but if I have to choose, I will choose Cousins over Kevin Love...just my opinion though

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:51 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I need some of you guys voting for my DMC-led squad in the DKC playoffs. ;)

DeMarcus Cousins / Pero Antic / Alex Ajinca
Anderson Varejao / Josh McRoberts / Ryan Kelly
Luol Deng / Kyle Korver / Francisco Garcia
Andre Iguodala / (Williams) / Chris Johnson / (Garcia) / (Korver) / Deron Lamb
Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Shelvin Mack

Unstoppable!

(Sorry for the shameless - and off-topic - plug.)

===========================================

Back on topic, I think part of the reason you shouldn't trade a top-3 pick for Cousins is due to the difference in finances.  Having a potentially dominant guy on a rookie contract is just too good to pass up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I need some of you guys voting for my DMC-led squad in the DKC playoffs. ;)

DeMarcus Cousins / Pero Antic / Alex Ajinca
Anderson Varejao / Josh McRoberts / Ryan Kelly
Luol Deng / Kyle Korver / Francisco Garcia
Andre Iguodala / (Williams) / Chris Johnson / (Garcia) / (Korver) / Deron Lamb
Kyrie Irving / Mo Williams / Shelvin Mack

Unstoppable!

(Sorry for the shameless - and off-topic - plug.)

===========================================

Back on topic, I think part of the reason you shouldn't trade a top-3 pick for Cousins is due to the difference in finances.  Having a potentially dominant guy on a rookie contract is just too good to pass up.
I hear you, in the pick 2 draft I chose Sacramento solely for DMC.  The guy is a monster.  Top ten in PER, points, rebounds.  What more could you want from a 23 year old center. 

2014 Pick 2 Draft - Sacramento Kings
Starters - Isaiah Thomas, Eric Gordon, Jimmy Butler, Dirk Nowitzki, Demarcus Cousins
Bench - Kendall Marshall, Michael Carter-Williams, Vince Carter, Wesley Johnson, Marcus Morris, Miles Plumlee, Nerlens Noel
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I guess, it's just I think Wiggins/Parker and Embiid has so much potential...however, if that trade were to happen even with a top 3 pick I'll be happy regardless. I LOVE Cousin's game. Very underrated, fierce competitor and unfortunately on a bad team. I feel very very comfortable moving forward with him. If it's young center's we are going after, Cousins and Drummond tops my list and I lean towards choosing Cousins because of his offensive game.

I don't think Sac is ready to part ways with Cousins yet, but I would push hard for Cousins. Please don't kill me, but if I have to choose, I will choose Cousins over Kevin Love...just my opinion though

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Sacramento doesn't really strike me as a logical organization with a clear-cut vision and bright short-term future.

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Sacramento doesn't really strike me as a logical organization with a clear-cut vision and bright short-term future.

New ownership seems to have found something with the Cousins/Thomas/Gay trio.  There's just no valuable, reliable depth behind those guys.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 11:39:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Maybe yes, maybe no.

New ownership seems to have found something with the Cousins/Thomas/Gay trio.  There's just no valuable, reliable depth behind those guys.

However, if I am not mistaken, Thomas is a FA and Gay only has a player option left for next season.