Poll

Sully/'14 pick, Green, any one of the future Nets pick, 2 second rounders for DMC?

YES!
11 (57.9%)
No!
2 (10.5%)
Depends on where we pick in the draft
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Would you do this trade for DMC?..  (Read 5571 times)

Would you do this trade for DMC?..
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
You're Danny Ainge, and you get a call from the Kings GM.

They say they are committed to Cousins, but they are also willing to listen to open offers. They want to rebuild, but at the same time want to keep re-tooling. They know we have the sheer amount of draft picks to offer.

He calls and says this years pick is the starting point, and that he also wants Sullinger added into the mix.

Would you give up the '14 pick, Green, Sullinger, 2 future second rounders, and one of the future Nets pick unprotected for Cousins?

There is just too much problems associated with him when it comes to the Kings.

All you think about him at the Kings is, knucklehead, dummy, frustrating, aggressive, and at times negative to how he treats his teammates.

I believe Cousins is the type of player that is thriving in his situation, but isn't reaching 100% potentiality.

I think while locking up Cousins ASAP was a good move on the Kings part, so much of the problems that we throw on Love, we don't really throw on Cousins/Kyrie Irving, (okay maybe we do for Kyrie!)

So again, I ask, picture you're Danny Ainge, and you get a call from the Kings GM.

He wants Green, Sully, '14 pick, and one of the Nets pick, plus 2 future second rounders.

If so, what roster would you build around Rondo/Cousins?

If not, explain why? Cousins is definitely a top 7 Center in the league, and is only getting better. He may have had problems in the past, and is still a headcase, but I think the problem with DMC is that he needs a new place. A fresh start.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Would you do this trade for DMC?..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
No way.... The 2014  pick could end up being better than Demarcus Cousins and even if they aren't as good as him, they well almost certainly have a better attitude than him. Guys like Jabari Parker, Dante Exum, and Aaron Gordon all have reputations of being good, hard working kids. Those types of guys are better to have around a young team. Not to mention we're also giving them Jared Sullinger and another 1st round pick..

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
If the pick is top 3, no deal. I believe Embiid can be as good as Cousins. I also believe Wiggins and Parker could be all stars.

If the pick is 5 or 6... Yes, i think i make that deal. A top 7 center who is still that young is hard to get.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 06:58:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we land outside the top 3 (most likely spot 6), I would do the deal as proposed minus one of the BKN picks, and have it be Green or the LAC pick. I absolutely think he could thrive in the right environment and he has had a few seasons to prove what he can do. With Sully and KO both good enough to start at pf, one of them will be expendable. And you can't really ask for more than a guy like Bass as a third big.

So basically, I would like DMC for sure, but you have them getting a Kings ransom (haha - like that one?  ;D) in return.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If we land outside the top 3 (most likely spot 6), I would do the deal as proposed minus one of the BKN picks, and have it be Green or the LAC pick. I absolutely think he could thrive in the right environment and he has had a few seasons to prove what he can do. With Sully and KO both good enough to start at pf, one of them will be expendable. And you can't really ask for more than a guy like Bass as a third big.

So basically, I would like DMC for sure, but you have them getting a Kings ransom (haha - like that one?  ;D) in return.

What about '14 pick, Green, Sully, Clippers pick, and one second rounder?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
For the 4 or above pick.....not for Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid

We won't contend till we have a good young defensive minded center......but neither will Lakers

Race is on for LA or Boston to come up with a Cousins, Davis , Drummond, etc.....all on sorry bound to fail franchises.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

If i am Sacramento, i do not make that deal. It puts the team's clock further behind in the rebuild. The trade would be a tough sell to the fan base who is desperately ready to see more winning. The Kings could get there quicker by adding their own lotto pick and standing pat. Marcus Smart or Tyler Ennis could really help this team.

If the Kings win the top 3 pick lottery and get Embiid, well then you might have a framework for a deal. They could use the Celtics's pick to get their point guard, add Sully and Green to give them a loaded front court, and get a future late first to boot.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yup!

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I would probably feel as though we gave up too much, but then probably eventually get over it if we started to win games. I just don't see the need for Green to be in the deal. I'm not sure if that's the hold up in my head, but Sac probably wouldn't have much need for him while we really would. I realize Green is polarizing around here, but we would have a glaring hole at sf [for no real reason] while beginning our road back to contention.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Is rather give an extra first puck than Sullinger.  How about if we land outside the top 4 picks our 2014 and 2016 picks, Green and maybe a second rounder.  The Kings probably wouldn't trade Cousins though unless they are drafting Embiid.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I really like this idea by the OP to target Cousins.

I really like him as a player and could be another great trade target.
(Rondo/Cousins as the new LOB city!)

Also, Cousins can give the team that toughness we've been missing
since the days of Perk, Sheed, Shaq and Powe.

Just to further expand, how about this idea as well?

Celts get:
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Jason Terry
Reggie Evans
Carl Landry

Kings get:
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Kelly Olynyk
Keith Bogans
Brandon Bass
Joel Anthony
Celts 2014 1st rd pick.
Brooklyn 2016 1st rd pick.

Deal would have to wait til after June 30th because the Celts would be re-acquiring a player in Terry that they dealt a year prior.

Also, I really like this lineup

PG-Rondo/Pressey
SG-Bradley/Jet
SF-Gay/Wallace
PF-Landry/Evans
C-Cousins/Faverani
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:33:28 AM by gpap »

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Demarcus Cousins is 23 years old and is coming off of a season that was basically 23 point, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.5 steals, 1.3 blocks.  He is a good foul shooter for a center at around 73% and gets fouled a lot (8.6 a game).  I think you would be hard pressed to get that kind of production from anyone in this draft class during the year they are 23 years old.  He is locked up long term as well so there isn't the risk of him bolting in a year or two. 

You absolutely have to make that trade. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'll take Cousins any day of the week, twice on Sunday.  He plays a position that is becoming obsolescent in the NBA and one we greatly suffer at and he does it really well.  I won't give up the first pick for him if it's Wiggins or Parker.  Anyone outside of those those is for the taken.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love Cousins, but I don't think you can give up a top-3 pick + Sully + future #1 + Green for him.

Even the 5th - 8th pick is a gamble, but I'd be okay with that risk.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
I really like this idea by the OP to target Cousins.

I really like him as a player and could be another great trade target.
(Rondo/Cousins as the new LOB city!)

Also, Cousins can give the team that toughness we've been missing
since the days of Perk, Sheed, Shaq and Powe.

Just to further expand, how about this idea as well?

Celts get:
Demarcus Cousins
Rudy Gay
Jason Terry
Reggie Evans
Carl Landry

Kings get:
Jeff Green
Jared Sullinger
Kelly Olynyk
Keith Bogans
Brandon Bass
Joel Anthony
Celts 2014 1st rd pick.
Brooklyn 2016 1st rd pick.

Deal would have to wait til after June 30th because the Celts would be re-acquiring a player in Terry that they dealt a year prior.

Also, I really like this lineup

PG-Rondo/Pressey
SG-Bradley/Jet
SF-Gay/Wallace
PF-Landry/Evans
C-Cousins/Faverani

Really? Jet and Evans are entering Father's time and you trade a young KO, and Bass for them? And i don't see there's any upgrade in acquiring Gay and Landry, just of similar caliber of Jeff and Bass, probably worse. I think it would be better focusing on a trade for just cousins.