Author Topic: Sixers owner declares 19 win season as a " huge success"  (Read 3255 times)

Re: Sixers owner declares 19 win season as a " huge success"
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Celtics fans outraged about tanking is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black. The only difference between the Sixers and other intentionally horrible teams of the past is that they're a little more public about it. That's the real reason for the outrage since last time I checked there are bad teams every season constructed for the purpose of being in the lottery. However, it's an unwritten rule that these teams can't admit they are doing so and must always maintain the guise of hoping to win as many games as possible.

Since the Sixers are kind of brazenly breaking this unwritten rule (also they're below the salary floor) I expect the groundswell against the current draft system to just get bigger and bigger. As honest as the Sixers owner was being, the league's image is tarnished when a team wins 18 games and it's declared it a "huge success." Is it so hard to give some stock quote about being disappointed but optimistic?

Oh shut up Tanker.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 07:11:03 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I know a lot of people think it was "obvious" that we were tanking when we traded KG & Pierce. but what we got in return plus what we had I felt we were a playoff team.

I personally feel if there is any justice or karma that there's quite a lot more "obvious" tankers out there that don't deserve a top 3 pick over us.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Celtics fans outraged about tanking is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black. The only difference between the Sixers and other intentionally horrible teams of the past is that they're a little more public about it. That's the real reason for the outrage since last time I checked there are bad teams every season constructed for the purpose of being in the lottery. However, it's an unwritten rule that these teams can't admit they are doing so and must always maintain the guise of hoping to win as many games as possible.

Since the Sixers are kind of brazenly breaking this unwritten rule (also they're below the salary floor) I expect the groundswell against the current draft system to just get bigger and bigger. As honest as the Sixers owner was being, the league's image is tarnished when a team wins 18 games and it's declared it a "huge success." Is it so hard to give some stock quote about being disappointed but optimistic?

Oh shut up Tanker.

Pretty sure talk like that isn't allowed on these forums.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.