Author Topic: Well. that sorta sucked....  (Read 4346 times)

Well. that sorta sucked....
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
watching Pierce and Garnett close it out at the end, unfortunately, not for the Celtics!!!

Re: Well. that sorta sucked....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Happens. Happy to not be second round fodder for Miami.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Love PP and KG .......hate the Nets , but look AT least they didn't go to the Clippers, Lakers or Heat.

So I can live with them winning.  Although.......it's hard pulling against the poor Raptors ......they are a fun team to watch and I'd rather seem them win.

Key is DWill.........

Will he stay injury free ?  He is so prone to knee, leg , ankle issues .  He can't cruise and half try ,  he'll have to play 100 effort the whole game for them to win .

Raptors are very fast and physical in the front court ......they will be getting after him next game you can count on it.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
As long as the Heat, Nets and Clippers lose then the season isn't a total loss!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I rooted for them in the regular season.  They landed us the 17th pick in a deep draft, whereas I thought they'd get us like 25 & beyond.  I'm proud of them.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Personally, I thought it was kinda great watching Paul Pierce step up late and do the things I've watched him do for so many years. 

Go Nets!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Love PP and KG .......hate the Nets , but look AT least they didn't go to the Clippers, Lakers or Heat.

So I can live with them winning.  Although.......it's hard pulling against the poor Raptors ......they are a fun team to watch and I'd rather seem them win.

Key is DWill.........

Will he stay injury free ?  He is so prone to knee, leg , ankle issues .  He can't cruise and half try ,  he'll have to play 100 effort the whole game for them to win .

Raptors are very fast and physical in the front court ......they will be getting after him next game you can count on it.

love PP and KG???

WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Personally, I thought it was kinda great watching Paul Pierce step up late and do the things I've watched him do for so many years. 

Go Nets!!

without a doubt. and paul pierce is just continuing to show everyone that he's the most underrated player in the history of the league.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 08:34:53 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
also, as much as I would have loved to see pierce play his entire career in boston. I absolutely would not have liked to see him play on this team this yr. he deserves better at this point.

if he had stayed it would have been a waste of the time he has left in his career.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 08:43:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm thrilled that KG and the Captain are getting a chance to play meaningful basketball.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 06:30:01 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Go Nets!!

I'm with you. Awesome to see. 100% Celtic pride they're taking to Jersey and playing to prove they've still got it.

They have no chance at beating Indiana or Miami, neither Chicago, but I hope they can get out of this series. It will be tough.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know. This whole cheering for KG and PP comes off as having a very real "Ray Bourque in Colorado" vibe, and I always found that quite pathetic.

If you feel you want to root for former players bringing playoff success to our rivals, go ahead, it your prerogative and I repesct that. Its just not for me.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't know. This whole cheering for KG and PP comes off as having a very real "Ray Bourque in Colorado" vibe, and I always found that quite pathetic.

If you feel you want to root for former players bringing playoff success to our rivals, go ahead, it your prerogative and I repesct that. Its just not for me.

Yeah, everyone has different things they value in sports.

I'm a big fan of the Celtics, but I also root for individual players. KG, Pierce, Ray Bourque... Those are guys I will always respect and cheer for.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 11:11:48 AM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
If I don't have a dog in the fight, I have no issue with cheering for guys that I respect, appreciate and who play the game right and truly cared about being in green....

No issues with people getting behind KG & PP during this postseason. I'm doing the same.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
For me, if you're not a Celtic you are the enemy, thus why I am so adamant about tanking.