Author Topic: Jeff Green's teammates think he needs swagger (Green agrees)  (Read 6697 times)

Re: Jeff Green's teammates think he needs swagger (Green agrees)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm not a Jeff Green hater; I think he has a lot of nice skills that he brings to the table, but if you are publicly talking about how you need to add more "swagger," you obviously lack "swag."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 12:14:53 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
he needs to improve his handles. no expects him to go left because he struggles so hard dribbling to his left. if he had good dribbling skills he could get to spots so much easier.

totally agree. this is what separates Pierce from Green.  Pierce can handle the ball, create a shot off his dribble. Green cannot. Green thrives when he is hot, with the open 3, it is a beautiful shot.  And in transition when he swoops in looking like Worthy. But that is about it.  He just doesn't handle the ball well enough to create a shot.  He is a turnover machine when he puts it on the floor in a half court game.
I agree with all of this.  Green can seem too passive at times but a Green with swag still cannot create a high volume of quality shots. 

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think green will never have swagger or be aggressive consistently. however I think he could be put in position to be effective.

I've said all along he needs to be involved early and often.

oh and I love pierce as much as the next person but I would never consider him as a player who had great "handles". his dribbling was ok to decent early on in his career but got progressively worse with age.

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
You either have it or you don't. I don't really think its a switch you can turn on and, especially, mid-career.

Jeff just doesn't have "it".

I say this as Pierce just drills a big 3 in the Nets/Raptors game. He sure as hell has it.

yup
LET'S GO CELTICS!