Author Topic: Does anyone else love Vonleh?  (Read 19656 times)

Re: Does anyone else love Vonleh?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2014, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
And frankly, if we don't hit the top 4 picks, I want to trade the pick.

The fascination with this guy escapes me.  Entirely.

A lot of people want to trade the pick if it lands in the 5-8 range. What do you trade it for?

I could see possibly trading down another 5 spots to around 11 and drafting a shooting guard, while picking up a future pick.

I dont see a star player being attainable for that pick though.

I'd trade pick 8 and Gerald Wallace for Eric Gordon.

Why do that if obtaining Eric Gordon would only take the Clippers pick, and probably the 2nd rounder? The Pelicans are dying to get rid of him...

That's a different set of criteria, but I'd be very wary of trying to get Gordon without being able to unload Wallace at the same time.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And I agree with Vonleh having a great shot, I just think hes going to need 2-3 years to fully develop.

How much of a difference is there between how you would rank guys for the draft and how you would rank them based on how good you expect them to be four years from now?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2014, 06:58:57 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
And frankly, if we don't hit the top 4 picks, I want to trade the pick.

The fascination with this guy escapes me.  Entirely.

A lot of people want to trade the pick if it lands in the 5-8 range. What do you trade it for?

I could see possibly trading down another 5 spots to around 11 and drafting a shooting guard, while picking up a future pick.

I dont see a star player being attainable for that pick though.

I'd trade pick 8 and Gerald Wallace for Eric Gordon.

Uh?  That move makes no sense to me.  Please explain?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.