Author Topic: Any chance Exum, Embiid, Wiggins or Parker fall out of the top 4?  (Read 4908 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Any chance one of them falls to 5? There is always a late sleeper for a top 5 pick.

Philly doesn't need a pg , so exum likely won't be their pick, or they trade him MAYBE?

Maybe  randle climbs up to the top 4 because orlando or mil need a pf.

Any chance this happens?

Re: Any chance Exum, Embiid, Wiggins or Parker fall out of the top 4?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Any chance one of them falls to 5? There is always a late sleeper for a top 5 pick.

Philly doesn't need a pg , so exum likely won't be their pick, or they trade him MAYBE?

Any chance this happens?

Exum is not a consensus top four.  There's a very good chance that one of Smart, Randle, or Gordon gets taken fourth ahead of him. 

I'd be very surprised if one of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid fell out of the top three, though.  I just can't see that happening. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:18:39 AM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If only the Cavs had the worst record this year. They'd totally pick Tyler Ennis or Dario Saric with the first overall pick.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Some Euro will rise up, it usually happens and they are usually a dud.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
Everything depends on workouts. If Embiid's health issues don't check out, he could drop slightly from the top four. Exum is the most unknown of the four but that could also work to his benefit. The fact that he could play both guard positions may also appeal to teams.

I can see Gordon or Vonleh surprising teams with great workouts and rising a bit, while Smart may drop due to the perception that he's been exposed a little this last season.

Randle is the one I'm most pessimistic about. After reading some anonymous scouting reports on him, it sounds like people feel his ceiling is a little lower than some of the other young PFs in this class (Gordon and Vonleh are two of the youngest freshmen in this class, not turning 19 until Sept/Aug). Randle turned 19 five months ago. Not that I necessarily think that's a huge deal but some teams may feel Gordon and Vonleh have more room to grow.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 12:28:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Any chance this happens?

Exum is not a consensus top four.  There's a very good chance that one of Smart, Randle, or Gordon gets taken fourth ahead of him. 

I'd be very surprised if one of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid fell out of the top three, though.  I just can't see that happening.

I agree. Only on celticsblog is Exum a consensus top 4. In Draftexpress he's projected at 5, and at NBADraftnet he's projected at 6. I can honestly see him dropping a bit if he doesn't work out for teams. Randle is consistently projected above him, and I can see Vonleh and Gordon and maybe even Smart going ahead of him.

Wiggins and Parker are not dropping unless one of them gets accused of murder or child **** or something. Embiid may drop based on his medical examinations, but he won't drop much.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Parker and Exum can drop out. If you got a gm that is very high on athleticism he is going to bypass Parker or pick and trade him. Like the 76ers, look at the roster they have now. They are trying to build a team of only athletes

Exum could drop due to the mysteries surrounding him by playing overseas. He is also slim and nobody seems sure about his jump shot, bc he rare shoots and drives to the bucket most of the time.

Smart and Randle could possibly jump in, if a team is looking to fill in a need (pg, pf) more than anything

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Parker makes it clear that he wants to be the Tebow of basketball and Mormonism, with LDS proselytization as being as important to him as mental health advocacy is to Royce White, would that drop him out of your top three or four?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If Parker makes it clear that he wants to be the Tebow of basketball and Mormonism, with LDS proselytization as being as important to him as mental health advocacy is to Royce White, would that drop him out of your top three or four?

Nope.  He can be a Scientologist for all I care.

To answer the OP's question, Exum could easily fall out of the top-4.  I would be surprised if the other three did.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

What if he plans to make up for not going on a Mormon mission by spending his summers doing some sort of missionary work or other religious activity instead of things like conditioning until he amasses two years worth of time on an installment plan?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What if he plans to make up for not going on a Mormon mission by spending his summers doing some sort of missionary work or other religious activity instead of things like conditioning until he amasses two years worth of time on an installment plan?

There's no indication that he'd do so, but sure, why not?  It beats what a lot of guys spend their summers doing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Some Euro will rise up, it usually happens and they are usually a dud.

Euros rarely get picked top 5.  2011 draft was an exception because of the lockout, since they already had jobs and could wait for it to end, whereas a lot of college stars, like Sully, waited an extra year.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Any chance this happens?

I agree. Only on celticsblog is Exum a consensus top 4. In Draftexpress he's projected at 5, and at NBADraftnet he's projected at 6. I can honestly see him dropping a bit if he doesn't work out for teams. Randle is consistently projected above him, and I can see Vonleh and Gordon and maybe even Smart going ahead of him.

Wiggins and Parker are not dropping unless one of them gets accused of murder or child **** or something. Embiid may drop based on his medical examinations, but he won't drop much.

I think once mocks are made after the lottery order is defined, you'll see Exum rise if Orlando is in the top 4.  He's rumored to be #2 on their board.  Their GM used to be the international scout, and knows his game very well (and reportedly is very high on it).

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Any chance this happens?

I think once mocks are made after the lottery order is defined, you'll see Exum rise if Orlando is in the top 4.  He's rumored to be #2 on their board.  Their GM used to be the international scout, and knows his game very well (and reportedly is very high on it).

an unsubstantiated rumor about one GM wanting Exum does not make a consensus. He's nowhere near a consensus top 4, he's much more in a second tier of Randle, Smart, Exum, Vonleh, and Gordon.

Also, if Orlando lands a top 3 pick, which they have a great chance of getting, then they are likely to grab whoever they have listed ahead of Exum on their rumored draft board, assuming that this rumor is true. 

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Not unless the Cavs are in the top 4.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford