Author Topic: The 2014 Playoffs thread  (Read 207902 times)

Re: The 2014 Playoffs thread
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
As much as I like pierce and kg I can't ever bring myself to support the nets. I really like Lowry/derozan and I just want to see the raptors do well.  The fact that the nets have their roots from New Jersey and everything about them just (bleeping bleeps)
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Man Paul Pierce is cold tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:50 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Washington aren't a good match-up for Chicago.

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 12:31:10 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Wizards win AGAIN!  :o

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 12:34:10 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Wizards with a higher chance to sweep the Chicago Bulls!

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 01:58:44 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
As much as I like pierce and kg I can't ever bring myself to support the nets. I really like Lowry/derozan and I just want to see the raptors do well.  The fact that the nets have their roots from New Jersey and everything about them just (bleeping bleeps)

Yup, me too. I can't bear to cheer on Deron Williams (his infamous exit from Utah still leaves a bitter taste for me). I want the both of them (KG and PP) back in any capacity with the Celtics organizaton after all of this is done.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bulls don't have a go to player without Rose.....much like the Celtics , well coached and hard working but no GO TO GUY.

Washington on the other hand has several offensive get their own shot guys.....who can get their own shot , including Née Née

Wizards are the more talented team .

Bulls have to really work hard to build up,a lead to close out a game.

I see Wizards taking this series.

« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I pick Washington to win the series before it started..they can really play!! Nene is playing like he did when he was with Denver..Andre Miller was a huge pickup..but a weak bench may hurt them against Heat or Pacers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Washington aren't a good match-up for Chicago.
Eh both games have been very close, I think Chicago matches up as well with them as they do anyone.

Chicago just can't buy a bucket, if they don't get offensive rebounds they just don't score at all. That's not a formula that bodes for much success in the playoffs.

The C's got by on the little offense all D formula sometimes because they were still an efficient shooting team. Easier to translate that into post season ball than counting on the offensive glass to provide offense.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:55:18 AM by Fafnir »

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Love watching the Washington Wizards. They have all the weapons to be great. If John Wall can live up to his superstar potential (he's close, getting better every year), they can be contenders. They have all the weapons. A playmaking PG who plays D, a lethal shooter who can create his own shots, a 3&D glue guy in Ariza, and two bigs who can play both ends of the floor. Just a matter of time before they begin to compete with Miami.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Just a matter of time before they begin to compete with Miami.
Ariza and Gortat are FAs so its not like this team is going to be the same going forward necessarily.

I think they have a tough job to continue to build around Beal/Wall, tough decisions to make very quickly. I think paying Gortat a big deal is going to be a mistake, one that they're likely going to make given the chatter around them.

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Just a matter of time before they begin to compete with Miami.
Ariza and Gortat are FAs so its not like this team is going to be the same going forward necessarily.

I think they have a tough job to continue to build around Beal/Wall, tough decisions to make very quickly. I think paying Gortat a big deal is going to be a mistake, one that they're likely going to make given the chatter around them.

What would be a fair deal? 8-10 mill? I don't see him getting paid any more than that. With the shortage of centers, I think it's a deal they're going to have to make.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I feel the exact opposite -- I watched Pierce bury the Raptors in Game 1 and got really excited at the idea of them doing the same to Miami in the second round.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Love watching the Washington Wizards. They have all the weapons to be great. If John Wall can live up to his superstar potential (he's close, getting better every year), they can be contenders. They have all the weapons. A playmaking PG who plays D, a lethal shooter who can create his own shots, a 3&D glue guy in Ariza, and two bigs who can play both ends of the floor. Just a matter of time before they begin to compete with Miami.

Very well balanced team.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Chicago is lacking a scorer. They miss Derrick Rose dearly.