Author Topic: The 2014 Playoffs thread  (Read 208539 times)

The 2014 Playoffs thread
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
In this thread talk about the various playoff games that are going on!

Re: The 2014 Playoffs thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:19:08 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Aww man the Raptors lost to the Nets. Hopefully Toronto can steal one in Brooklyn.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:26:58 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
CHRIS PAUL CHOKED HAHAHA

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Looks like the underdog teams reclaimed home court advantage just like that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
So happy the Nets won and the Clippers lost.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I don't think Curry and Thompson sat the entire second half.

I thought it was hilarious how productive O'Neal was.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 06:51:33 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this clippers/warriors game is a perfect example why the NBA and its playoffs is lacking when compared to the other major sports.

because the refs are a complete joke. it's to the point where I can't take the NBA serious as a major league sport. they're treading into WWE territory.

how does a ref not get that call right? where paul was fouled and lost the ball, while the ref is standing 5 ft. away? then on like the very next play, all the way down the other end of the court spots the player out of bounds?

i'd be ok with all this bad officiating if - THE REFS WEREN'T FULL TIME EMPLOYEES!

they're the worst officials in all of sports, yet the only full time officials in all of sports. how is this possible?

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The CP3 choke job is a thing of absolute beauty.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
It's early but Pacers looks as bad as they ended the season. Their offense should be much better but it looks like a bunch of one on one garbage. Even when they get an assist, the guy that makes the bucket is so happy about what he did he doesn't thank the guy who gave him a nice pass. Stevenson gets one bucket and he's puffin his chest as if he is killing the Hawks. LOL too funny (sad).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
It's early but Pacers looks as bad as they ended the season. Their offense should be much better but it looks like a bunch of one on one garbage. Even when they get an assist, the guy that makes the bucket is so happy about what he did he doesn't thank the guy who gave him a nice pass. Stevenson gets one bucket and he's puffin his chest as if he is killing the Hawks. LOL too funny (sad).

Bill Simmons and the body language doctor would definetly fail Indiana right now.

They look fragile and nervous. Atlanta has a real shot to upset this series.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 07:57:26 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

not sure if you listen to felger & mazz(I understand if you don't). but if you don't jermaine wiggins comes in once a week and sometimes he has some news, most is giving his opinions on stuff.

anyway, last week when he was on he said he had friends close to the pacers players and said that he was told that all their problems started when a player on the pacers slept with another players girlfriend. ever since then the chemistry hasn't been there.

take it for what its worth. but I think it has to be something like this because this team looks like a lottery team and has since the all star break. there's no good reason for the drop off.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 08:36:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Well, talk about selfishness on the Pacers. Last year Hibbert and West were huge for them in the playoffs. Now they are down in the 3rd to the Hawks, and Hibbert has taken 4 shots total, same for West.

I feel bad for Bird and his Pacers, they were the only legit threat to the Heat coming into the season, and now look pathetic.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

not sure if you listen to felger & mazz(I understand if you don't). but if you don't jermaine wiggins comes in once a week and sometimes he has some news, most is giving his opinions on stuff.

anyway, last week when he was on he said he had friends close to the pacers players and said that he was told that all their problems started when a player on the pacers slept with another players girlfriend. ever since then the chemistry hasn't been there.

take it for what its worth. but I think it has to be something like this because this team looks like a lottery team and has since the all star break. there's no good reason for the drop off.

Was it Andrew Bynum?

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Put me down for Paul George and Roy Hibbert, respectively.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Watching the Clips...

1.  DeAndre Jordan is a great shot blocker but not really a great defensive player.  He's also even more useless on offense than Perk.

2.  Griffin has become a beast offensively. 

3.  I don't think the personnel changes Doc made did anything to improve this team.  They don't have much size but they also don't have a lot of smaller players who can get their own shot.

4.  You cannot play small against Golden State. 

5.  As bad as the officiating was overall, some of those charge/block/no calls were especially atrocious.  There needs to be a rule change that you absolutely must be set before the offensive player starts his move to get that call.

Mike