Author Topic: How Far Can We Go???  (Read 1612 times)

How Far Can We Go???
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Say we dont make any big splashes in the offseason and it goes like this.

Let bayless, hump deals expire. Resign bayless for the minimum if he will take it.

Move bass, anthony, bogans for future picks.

Say we luck in to the 3rd pick and we get Embiid.

With our 2nd pick we get stauskas.

Use our MLE to bring in a backup ball handler.

sign bradley to his QO.

Our opening day roster next year.

Rondo-FA-pressey
Bradley-Stauskas-Bayless on vet min?
Green-Wallace-Johnson
Sullinger-Olynk-?
Embiid-FAV-FA?

Keep in mind this will be the first full off season Sullinger is going to have, so I fully expect him to come in, in alot better shape.

While we would be young we would have a nice complement of veteran players to go with it. I am expecting rondo to be back to his old form, and sullinger to take the next step into his development and play near all star level (to much to ask for 17 and 10?) With a Bench led by Olynk, Wallace, Stauskas, and Fav. Plus an MLE player.

How far would this non fireworks roster go?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: How Far Can We Go???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Unless a miracle arrives

We need to tank hard and often next year.....dump all the role players ......baggage ....and tank it right this time. 

Keep Sully , KO, and this years two picks .....goodbye to the rest .

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:21 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
Unless a miracle arrives

We need to tank hard and often next year.....dump all the role players ......baggage ....and tank it right this time. 

Id say only keep Bradley if it's for his qo. How would you suggest to move green and Wallace?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:07 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Unless a miracle arrives

4 years after LeBron, with 4 years of lottery picks, the Cavs still suck and don't look close to being a playoff team, let alone a title contender.  And if Philly is even a little unlucky in this draft, they could spend the better part of a decade just trying to become a 7th or 8th seed.

The history of the NBA isn't that teams cycle from good to bad and back.  It's that teams tend to stay good or bad for long stretches if time unless luck intervenes.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 03:29:00 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Unless a miracle arrives

4 years after LeBron, with 4 years of lottery picks, the Cavs still suck and don't look close to being a playoff team, let alone a title contender.  And if Philly is even a little unlucky in this draft, they could spend the better part of a decade just trying to become a 7th or 8th seed.

The history of the NBA isn't that teams cycle from good to bad and back.  It's that teams tend to stay good or bad for long stretches if time unless luck intervenes.

Mike

The Cavs stink. When was the last time they had a decent front office?
Look at all the stink squads, they hang around the bottom because they have terrible management and are owned by people who don't understand basketball- they just hire a guy and listen to him tell them that it's 'just around the corner'.

Doesn't matter how hard you tank if your team's management are incompetent.

Luckily we don't have to worry about that problem.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 06:12:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Embiid is not ready to make a difference yet. Too raw. He'll need a couple of years.

So that team would be pretty much the same as this year's team. Just with a healthier Rondo. So probably mid to high 30s win wise.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Unless a miracle arrives

a back to back tank may be necessary. I said this at the beginning of the year.  I'm only ok with it IF we draft a top pick stud and develop him if not then wheel and deal DA!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Embiid is not ready to make a difference yet. Too raw. He'll need a couple of years.

So that team would be pretty much the same as this year's team. Just with a healthier Rondo. So probably mid to high 30s win wise.

Agreed.

I fear for the unfair expectations Embiid will have if the Celtics draft him.

He's very, very raw and likely is a couple years out from being a significant difference maker.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.