Author Topic: Lineup idea if Danny decides to rebuild mainly through the 2014 draft  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Scenerio

-We lose the flipcoin and don't get anywhere on lotto night. So we end up picking 5th. Also our 2nd 1st pick is 18th.

-Danny needs to change or add significant help to the current lineup, but can't workout trades.  Teams picking in the top 4 won't trade their picks.

-Danny is offered from the Kings their 2014 1st (7th), 2016 1st and Jason Thompson for Rondo. He accepts the trade

-Danny is offered from the Suns their 17th pick and  Channing Frye for Jeff Green.
He accepts the trade

Draft night picks:

5th pick: Aaron Gordon
7th pick: Marcus Smart
17th pick: Andrew Harrison
18th pick: Aaron Harrison

Offseasons move:
Resign Avery Bradley to 4 years at 7 million per year
Trades Bass to the Clippers for a future 2nd round pick and Willie Green

2014-2015 starting lineup

Sullinger
Olynyk
Gordon
Bradley
Smart

Bench
Thompson/Faverani/Anthony
Frye
Wallace
Aaron Harrison/Johnson
Andrew Harrison/Pressey

Gordon and Smart would be two solid draft picks to help the team move fwd with the rebuilding process.  You get two guys with nba ready bodies, athletic/quick/explosive, high motor and would really help the team in the defensive end.  Both are inconsistent jump shooters but Sullinger, KO, AB can shoot to spread the floor

The Harrison twins imo as the draft gets closer will get chosen higher than projected currently. They have excellent size for a pg/sg, helped Kentucky go to the finals and were only freshmans so are bound to improve.   

Even though we don't draft or trade for a true center/rim protector, we now have enough young attractive pieces to execute a trade for a stud Center , unless Sullinger and KO become the teams long term front court solution. Danny can have a ton of options to get a rim protector, a big time vet etc. by the 2015 offseason. I like keeping Bradley bc his work ethic woud be a good influence for the young guys and has really improved his jump shot.  Sullinger and KO with improved bodies and experience under their belt, provides a team with a skilled/smart front court.   Both should also increase their scoring numbers. Lastly obtaining Thompson and Frye would really help our bench production . Something we have been missing for the last several years

Not stating this is the only way to rebuild the team , just an idea if Danny chooses the path to fully blow up the team.

Re: Lineup idea if Danny decides to rebuild mainly through the 2014 draft
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

These are fun ideas, but they require Sacramento to do something very foolish (and maybe even impossible with their salary cap).

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
fun idea, but it's gonna be a long long rebuild process, but then again, our team will be super young as well.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Fun idea to immediately turn me into a permanent, say, Thunder or Warriors fan.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:03:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
fun idea, but it's gonna be a long long rebuild process, but then again, our team will be super young as well.

It won't be an overnight fix.  But the team will be young, lots of energy,  skilled and of course inconsistent.  However i can see a few nights, even against a good team, if all cylinders are clicking this lineup pulling out wins.   Guys like Andrew Harrison and Smart could battle each other to death which will be good for the Celts organization. Stevens will have options on a daily basis to put out the best lineup in the 4th slowly designing the best starting lineup moving fwd. 

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah.  We'd be tanking until 2020.

Also, as noted above, Sacramento can't really trade their picks, as they're tied up due to a combination of the J.J. Hickson trade they made with Cleveland and the Stepian rule.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If we get 5 and 7 somehow I think its a possibility we could trade for the third pick and get one of the big three. If it goes something like Magic/Sixers/Bucks 1,2,3 in that order I could see the Bucks taking a trade for the third pick. They need scoring and if Embiid is available for them I think they might trade down and get Smart and someone else.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Also, as noted above, Sacramento can't really trade their picks, as they're tied up due to a combination of the J.J. Hickson trade they made with Cleveland and the Stepian rule.

Agreed.  We'd be going nowhere fast for most for the remainder of the 2010s.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Agreed.  We'd be going nowhere fast for most for the remainder of the 2010s.

Well not that long as Danny would prob pull another 2007 in 2015.  This is a nice strategy to load up on young talents, let them battle each other, increase their value

But who knows maybe they all improve at a very fast rate also. The Harrison twins for example were considered A class talents before this season passed. They both had disappointing regular years, but once the tourney hit, they both played much better. Their size and length caused alot of issues for opposing pgs/sgs.  Aaron hit some huge clutch shots.  The upside is there

Gordon helped Arizona get to the elite 8. He is only going to get stronger and better. Smart is already a well rounded player with just needing to fine tune his jump shot and be more responsible with the ball.

Btw why can't Sac trade their 1st again? At this past trade deadline, weren't there rumors they were offering the 2014 1st and mc for Rondo?

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »

Offline ChiefDK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
There's no way they should re-sign Bradley for that kind of money. If another team wants to offer him a big contract like that..see ya. I would only offer him 4yrs/$20M, and even that's pushing it. Bradley's future in this league is as a 6th man.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
There's no way they should re-sign Bradley for that kind of money. If another team wants to offer him a big contract like that..see ya. I would only offer him 4yrs/$20M, and even that's pushing it. Bradley's future in this league is as a 6th man.

but how does a 6th man get paid 5 million a year?  5 million a year is a decent player off the bench. A 6th man is worth about 7-8 million a year. A guy who is the first to come off the bench, can start, or even beat your starter for minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't use the money as an excuse.  as the OP proposed, why would anyone resign AB when 3 other guards were just drafted.  to me that's a waste of picks on small guys (and we're already getting #17)

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:20 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Also, Channing Frye can't be traded unless he exercises his player option before Draft Night.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague