Author Topic: Bleacher Report's - What the 2014-15 Celtics Could Look Like  (Read 8741 times)

Bleacher Report's - What the 2014-15 Celtics Could Look Like
« on: April 18, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »

Offline Celtic Green in NY

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2
I am a new member to the board and this is my first post. With this being a huge off season I found it a great time to join and get some good C's talk which is hard to come by in NY.

Bleacher report had an interesting story that I did see anyone bring up, reporting what the 2014-15 Celtics could look like.  I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were, I think it is difficult to come up with scenario's until the draft order is finalized.

PG - Rondo
SG - Gordon Heyward (Signed in FA)
SF - Aaron Gordon (Round 1 pick)
PF - Sullinger
C - Greg Monroe (traded for Jeff Green)

I am not too sure how I feel with this outcome from an awful year. I think Aaron Gordon is very raw and if it is the plan to build around Rondo, which I am in favor of, if he is the right pick. I think they still lack an elite level scorer.

Re: Bleacher Report's - What the 2014-15 Celtics Could Look Like
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:16:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd be pretty disappointed if the Celtics end up with Gordon.  Especially if they have a top 6 pick.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I don't see that lineup happening based on Ainges comments that he wants a rim protector and a closer. Neither of those are in that lineup. I believe if we don't get a top 3 pick Ainge will trade it.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »

Offline IlCapitano

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
In the IDEAL world (yes, NBA 2K14 ;D), if I am DA, I would do something like this:

1. On the draft night complete a trade with Sac for Cousins. Green, Olynyk and at least two first rounders. Of course, there would have to be a "push" from Boogies' side. ;D

2. Get rid of Wallace and Bass, if only for second rounder(s).

3. Resign Rondo and (maybe) give him a no-trade clause.

4. Resign Bradley to no more than 6 milion.

5. Sign Hayward.

6. Sign Deng in the FA and bring back Pierce for a vet minimum.

7. Sign a couple more veterans to complete the roster (Varejao, Kaman, Delambert), maybe even bring Humph back for peanuts.

And as quickly as that, this roster would be back in contention. ;D

Rondo, Hayward, Deng, Sully, Cousins.

Pressey, Bradley, Pierce, Humph, Kaman, Varejao, etc...pick your favourite...
Tommy Heinsohn:"Worst nightmare in the NBA is Rondo with a jump shot." B-)

Celtic Pride!

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »

Offline ChiefDK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

I would hate that team. Greg Monroe is not a good rim protector/defender. I'd rather see Asik, if they can trade Jeff Green/second rounders for him great. I hope they get lucky and end up with Parker/Wiggins, otherwise trade the pick

PG Rondo
SG Hayward
C Asik
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Sullinger

Much better team, probably a 6 or 7 seed in the East

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I am a new member to the board and this is my first post. With this being a huge off season I found it a great time to join and get some good C's talk which is hard to come by in NY.

Bleacher report had an interesting story that I did see anyone bring up, reporting what the 2014-15 Celtics could look like.  I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were, I think it is difficult to come up with scenario's until the draft order is finalized.

PG - Rondo
PF - Sullinger

I am not too sure how I feel with this outcome from an awful year. I think Aaron Gordon is very raw and if it is the plan to build around Rondo, which I am in favor of, if he is the right pick. I think they still lack an elite level scorer.
more likely line-up
Rondo/Pressey
AB/Johnson/#4 pick/#18 pick
Green/Wallace/#4 pick/#18 pick
Sully/KO/Bass
Vet FA--placeholder for season/Fav/Iverson

I think Babb, Bogans and Hump are gone.  No deals for Bogans or Babb, just gone.  No takers for Bass as an expiring deal.  No luck getting Embiid in the draft.  The BPAs when Danny picks are either SFs or SGs.  Danny ends up having to sign a vet center for minimal money that can eat up some minutes to allow Sully and KO to focus on the PF position.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Pg Dante Exum - Phil Pressey
Sg Avery Bradley - Chris Johnson
Sf Jabari Parker - Gerald Wallace
Pf Jared Sullinger - Brandon Bass
C  Kelly Olynk - Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I would hate that team. Greg Monroe is not a good rim protector/defender. I'd rather see Asik, if they can trade Jeff Green/second rounders for him great. I hope they get lucky and end up with Parker/Wiggins, otherwise trade the pick

PG Rondo
SG Hayward
C Asik
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Sullinger

In the EAST? I think there's a big difference between the East and the West. Maybe a 3-5 seed. Even the Raptors are 3-seed...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »

Offline Celtic Green in NY

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 2

PG Rondo
SG Hayward
C Asik
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Sullinger

I agree 100% on Asik and love the lineup above, that is a result I would be ok with after this year.  I would say if they are out of the top 4, I would trade the pick as I do think Exum is the real deal. With Love being the obvious return what else would be a possible return for pick 5 - 8 and filler? I can't see Cousins and his attitude would make me worried about brining him in on a young team with a young inexperienced head coach.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »

Offline ChiefDK

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

PG Rondo
SG Hayward
C Asik
SF Wiggins/Parker
PF Sullinger

I agree 100% on Asik and love the lineup above, that is a result I would be ok with after this year.  I would say if they are out of the top 4, I would trade the pick as I do think Exum is the real deal. With Love being the obvious return what else would be a possible return for pick 5 - 8 and filler? I can't see Cousins and his attitude would make me worried about brining him in on a young team with a young inexperienced head coach.

I'm with you. I'm high on Exum, though like many I've never seen him play besides some youtube videos. Just going by the scouting reports. I would not be interested in Cousins, which is a shame because of his high skill set. Just can't see him as part of a winning team.

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

PG - Rondo
PF - Sullinger

Gordon Hayward this season per 36 minutes - 16 pts on 13.3 shots a game, 41% from the field, 30% from 3, 5 rebs, 5 assists, 1.4 steals.

Jeff Green this season per 36 minutes - 17.7 pts on 15 shots a game, 41% from the field, 34% from 3, 5 rebs, 1.8 assists, .7 steals.

Considering that getting Hayward would probably cost as much or more a year than Green, with the contract now lasting at least 2 to 3 years longer than what Green currently has, I don't quite understand why getting him is a good idea.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'd be pretty disappointed if the Celtics end up with Gordon.  Especially if they have a top 6 pick.   

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
PG - Rondo
PF - Sullinger

This roster makes me sad.  It screams "lets fight with Charlotte for the 7th seed for the next several years!" written all over it.  We would have to hope that Brooklyn faceplants in the next few years and we score a franchise player with one of their picks.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

agreed

Me too...

We didn't lose enough games.  .......so .....now we have too start all over again......

To get stars we need ..... Top four lotto picks. And or young prospects like Sully and other lotto picks

What good is winning 38 games next year.   

Not getting a top three ....is now require dumping Rondo ....sooner or later .   I think we needed to win that coin toss to keep Rondo , or rather rebuilt quick from the power of that pick to trade for stars.

Anyway , we are screwed or setback years with a freakin toss of a coin.....that could have been prevented ...just maddening

If we are super lucky we might get Randle .  Past him I don't see much help for a fast rebuild .....the rest are more stupid guards and no centers.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hey Cs fan in NY, where in NY are you from?

Regarding Bleachers report, all I hear is fart noises whenever I read their stuff.

Regarding how I think the Cs will look, I think like Danny says, and like it was in 2007, it hinges absolutely on where we draft. If it's top 3, my best guess is we draft, and move vets for cap relief or future assets.

If it's outside the top 4, I think we trade it and move future assets to make a push next year.

It it's 4th overall, I think the pick is Exum, and I have no idea if we move it or trade it, because Exum is a mystery.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner