Author Topic: Rondo has to be traded  (Read 12201 times)

Rondo has to be traded
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Celts had a worst record with Rondo in lineup this year than without. Pretty simple, Rondo has to go! Who will be the Celtics trade partner for Rondo???

Top five potential teams.
1. Sacramento
2. Detroit
3. Houston
4. Warriors
5. Lakers
"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

Re: Rondo has to be traded
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Over the first two seasons the Thunder/Sonics had Kevin Durant, they went 43-121.

Clearly, they dropped the ball by hanging on to him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
[Edited.] so this translates into every team dumping every player that, when they're out, the team has a better record.  a lot a good players would be on the move with that philosophy

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:52:49 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Celts had a worst record with Rondo in lineup this year than without. Pretty simple, Rondo has to go! Who will be the Celtics trade partner for Rondo???

Top five potential teams.
1. Sacramento
2. Detroit
3. Houston
4. Warriors
5. Lakers

Why?

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Celts had a worst record with Rondo in lineup this year than without. Pretty simple, Rondo has to go!

It's not simple, though.

In 2008 through 2009, the Celtics went something like 15-2 when Scal started in place of KG.  That 88% winning percentage is a lot better than the percentage of games we won when KG was playing.

Does that mean we were better with Scal instead of KG, or that KG was dragging the team down?  I don't think so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »

Offline Smittymks

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Comparing Rondo with Durant?? Not saying its Rondos fault in fact happy they did lose so many games. Remember when we were worried that bringing Rondo back too soon would make them too talented and hurt their tanking chances. Honestly feel that Rondo is more valuable to trade than too keep.

Warriors are my wild card team. Feel like a pass first point guard who plays D would benefit that team. Plus they need someone to help advance to elite teams out west.
"My favorite ring? The next one"
TB12

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Well I guess you got it figure out then  ::)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Comparing Rondo with Durant?? Not saying its Rondos fault in fact happy they did lose so many games. Remember when we were worried that bringing Rondo back too soon would make them too talented and hurt their tanking chances. Honestly feel that Rondo is more valuable to trade than too keep.

Warriors are my wild card team. Feel like a pass first point guard who plays D would benefit that team. Plus they need someone to help advance to elite teams out west.
A pass first point guard that plays defense...hmm...sounds like the warriors need Pressey.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
 Rondo has not been playing defense this year. He is purely working on getting his offensive game going. He and Bradley are still capable of looking people down - plus people like to play with someone like Rondo. He can help attract other talent. We are not going to attract people to play with Jeff Green. Avery Bradley is still too young and undersized to carry a team like the Celtics. Pressey is not a starting point guard. How many reasons do you need? You have not seen the real Rondo this season!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Pistons could be a good trade partner since rondo might resign there since his bff josh smith is there. Rondo for filler and their lotto pick would be decent.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I tend to agree with the thread title, but not for the reasons stated in the post.

Here's my thinking:

a) Rondo is going to hit unrestricted free agency.  That's something he has admitted that he is looking forward to, a lot.

b) When Rondo hits free agency, he's going to sign with a team that already has the pieces in place to win a lot of games and make noise in the playoffs.

c) The Celtics, in my opinion, are very unlikely to be in that position.  Therefore, I'm not optimistic about Rondo re-signing in Boston.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pistons could be a good trade partner since rondo might resign there since his bff josh smith is there. Rondo for filler and their lotto pick would be decent.

A couple problems with Detroit --

1. There's going to be a new GM in Detroit.  I think the new GM will almost certainly want to keep the pick to make his (or her) "mark" on the franchise from the get-go.

2. They still have Brandon Jennings on the roster and it's hard to imagine anybody touching that contract.  Maybe the Knicks.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I tend to agree with the thread title, but not for the reasons stated in the post.

Here's my thinking:

a) Rondo is going to hit unrestricted free agency.  That's something he has admitted that he is looking forward to, a lot.

b) When Rondo hits free agency, he's going to sign with a team that already has the pieces in place to win a lot of games and make noise in the playoffs.

c) The Celtics, in my opinion, are very unlikely to be in that position.  Therefore, I'm not optimistic about Rondo re-signing in Boston.

His statements about free agency were almost identical to PP's in 2010  or so. Here's what Rondo said:

"I've heard stories, guys getting called right at midnight. It's something that I haven't experienced. I may want to go through it. I haven't thought about it at all."

Unless he's made more definitive comments recently, characterizing that as something that "he is looking forward to, a lot" is quite a stretch. No guarantees that he'll stay, but it's generally seen as the more likely case. If you look at stars that get traded because their teams are worried about them leaving, they generally make comments to the effect that they don't want to stay with their current teams. We've heard nothing remotely resembling that from Rondo.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

A couple problems with Detroit --

1. There's going to be a new GM in Detroit.  I think the new GM will almost certainly want to keep the pick to make his (or her) "mark" on the franchise from the get-go.

2. They still have Brandon Jennings on the roster and it's hard to imagine anybody touching that contract.  Maybe the Knicks.

3. If just one team from the 9th-14th slot gets lucky and moves into the top 3, Detroit sends its first rounder to Charlotte. There's roughly a 17% chance of that happening.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 11:36:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Here's my thinking:

His statements about free agency were almost identical to PP's in 2010  or so. Here's what Rondo said:

"I've heard stories, guys getting called right at midnight. It's something that I haven't experienced. I may want to go through it. I haven't thought about it at all."

Except Pierce was on a team coming off a Finals appearance, while Rondo looks like he'll be playing for another lottery bound team next season.