Author Topic: Exum and the Lakers  (Read 4581 times)

Exum and the Lakers
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
There have been a few reports about Exum wanting to be a Laker.
My question is, is the interest mutual? if the Lakers get a top 3 pick, any chance they use it on Exum? 

What about the other lottery teams, is there any team that may have a need for a player that is not Parker/ Wiggins/ Embiid and will not pick one of those guys even if they get a top 3 pick?

Thanks!

Re: Exum and the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:25:43 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I keep hearing the Magic loves Exum and Smart.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think Exum makes a lot of sense for them - with Steve Nash's health being a question mark. Kendall Marshall has shown flashes, but I don't believe he's the longterm solution at PG. Whether or not Exum can really be a full-time PG is it's own question mark, but I can definitely see a potential backcourt of Bryant/Exum coexisting. Still, I think if they do land a Top 3 pick Embiid has to be high on their list, and then there's Parker who is an NBA ready scorer and could produce for them right away. I think it'll come down to what the do in free agency. If they can steal Carmelo away from NY, then Parker and Wiggins likely move down on their list.

This draft is definitely going to be interesting.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I would love to see the Magic pick Exum or Smart and let Embiid drop.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

If they want to do that, they probably trade down and get their man (Exum/Smart) and something else.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 07:08:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Man imagine if Orlando ended up in the Top 3 and took Smart... I really want to see some shocking "What the...!?!!?" decision that shakes up the entire draft.  Can't wait for this to play out.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

If they want to do that, they probably trade down and get their man (Exum/Smart) and something else.

great, then we could give them 5 and 17 for Embiid for example

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
i wouldn't be surprise to see Wiggins drop to 4 or 5
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
i wouldn't be surprise to see Wiggins drop to 4 or 5

There's a better chance the Suns win the lottery. .05% chance Wiggins falls out the top 3
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
There could be some interesting scenarios. If the Bucks are third I could see them drafting Exum over Embiid. They have Larry Sanders. Also it's worth noting the Jazz have Kanter at center. I could see Embiid falling to us if we have the 4th pick.

Also, unless Embiid becomes the next Oden can you imagine how sick our frontcourt would be?

Embiid at Center, Sully at PF, Olynyk off the bench. Thats a great young core...at least for the frontcourt.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Doubt it.  If they're at 3, they don't pass on Exum.  It's not like Exum would slide past four, and everyone knows they want him, so they've got no leverage.  If they're at 1 overall, maybe, but that's it with their ability to trade.  The Smart interest is if they fall to 5 or 6, not at 1-4.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Man imagine if Orlando ended up in the Top 3 and took Smart... I really want to see some shocking "What the...!?!!?" decision that shakes up the entire draft.  Can't wait for this to play out.

If smart beats up exum in workouts and just takes a dump on him then who knows with Orlando. They want a pg and loved smart last year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think Exum makes a lot of sense for them - with Steve Nash's health being a question mark. Kendall Marshall has shown flashes, but I don't believe he's the longterm solution at PG. Whether or not Exum can really be a full-time PG is it's own question mark, but I can definitely see a potential backcourt of Bryant/Exum coexisting. Still, I think if they do land a Top 3 pick Embiid has to be high on their list, and then there's Parker who is an NBA ready scorer and could produce for them right away. I think it'll come down to what the do in free agency. If they can steal Carmelo away from NY, then Parker and Wiggins likely move down on their list.

With Kobe tho and his situation, meaning window to win and financial commitment, is it better for la to draft and keep exum? Or better to do a Nash and pick deal for rondo? Assuming DA is interested.

Also free agency is after the draft.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 02:24:49 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL.  The Celtics would be stupid to take the Laker's pick and the corpse of Rick Nash in exchange for Rondo, an in his prime top 5 PG.  Danny Ainge is NEVER going to help the hate rival Fakers improve while also divesting his franchise of a serious piece to compete.

That rumor must have been made up by a Laker fan.  The only Rondo 'trade rumor' that I ever took seriously was the almost trade for CP3 a while back.

If the Lakers can't get Exum they will have to settle for Smart.  Either guy should help them more than a Geriatric Steve Nash.

With Kobe tho and his situation, meaning window to win and financial commitment, is it better for la to draft and keep exum? Or better to do a Nash and pick deal for rondo? Assuming DA is interested.

Also free agency is after the draft.

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 03:03:23 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
LOL.  The Celtics would be stupid to take the Laker's pick and the corpse of Rick Nash in exchange for Rondo, an in his prime top 5 PG.  Danny Ainge is NEVER going to help the hate rival Fakers improve while also divesting his franchise of a serious piece to compete.

That rumor must have been made up by a Laker fan.  The only Rondo 'trade rumor' that I ever took seriously was the almost trade for CP3 a while back.

If the Lakers can't get Exum they will have to settle for Smart.  Either guy should help them more than a Geriatric Steve Nash.

Rivalries are for players and fans, not front offices. If Ainge got a deal he liked from the Lakers, he'd take it.

So explain to me, if he was interested in a full on tear-it-down rebuild, why he wouldn't take that deal for the first + Nash's expiring?

Also, for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain that Ainge isn't dealing with an ownership group that is particularly eager to spend more time than need be in the lottery. I think if he can avoid trading Rondo he will.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.