Author Topic: If we land Parker or Wiggins, trade Green to Bobcats  (Read 1754 times)

If we land Parker or Wiggins, trade Green to Bobcats
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Would the Bobcats take Green, Joel Anthony, and a pick (the 18th this year?) for MKG and Gerald Henderson?

Henderson would be our SG, and Im assuming Parker or Wiggins would be the SF with MKG backing them up.   Bradley could still be signed to be the 3rd guard or if he is too expensive, you have Henderson anyway so its not as big a deal.

Rondo
Henderson
Parker or Wiggins
Sullinger
Olynyk
----------
Bradley
MKG
Bass

Pressey/Fav still the 9th and 10th guys or replace them.  Still have serious depth issues inside.  Could resign Hump or try to go find a legit center through a trade and let Olynyk come off the bench.  2015 draft would have to focus on a 4 or 5 for sure.

Re: If we land Parker or Wiggins, trade Green to Bobcats
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Wiggins is a guard but they mightsince they will probablybe in a win now mode

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:21:04 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Interesting trade but I dont think the Cs jump to move Green. Wiggins looks to be more of a 2/3 and Parker a 3/4. I think wiggins would fit necely in a 3 man wing rotation with AB and Green. Parker isnt as perfect a match. However early in the season Stevens played Green with Wallace and Green seemed comfortable guarding SGs. A lineup with Green at the 2 and Parker the 3 would be a matchup nightmare for most teams.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If I had both, I would start Bradley over Henderson.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Interesting trade but I dont think the Cs jump to move Green. Wiggins looks to be more of a 2/3 and Parker a 3/4. I think wiggins would fit necely in a 3 man wing rotation with AB and Green. Parker isnt as perfect a match. However early in the season Stevens played Green with Wallace and Green seemed comfortable guarding SGs. A lineup with Green at the 2 and Parker the 3 would be a matchup nightmare for most teams.

I'm with this. Does MKG show signs of become what he was supposed to be? I'd be good keeping JG and Jabari/Wigg and having better overall talent and more versatility.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Would the Bobcats take Green, Joel Anthony, and a pick (the 18th this year?) for MKG and Gerald Henderson?

Henderson would be our SG, and Im assuming Parker or Wiggins would be the SF with MKG backing them up.   Bradley could still be signed to be the 3rd guard or if he is too expensive, you have Henderson anyway so its not as big a deal.

Rondo
Henderson
Parker or Wiggins
Sullinger
Olynyk
----------
Bradley
MKG
Bass

Pressey/Fav still the 9th and 10th guys or replace them.  Still have serious depth issues inside.  Could resign Hump or try to go find a legit center through a trade and let Olynyk come off the bench.  2015 draft would have to focus on a 4 or 5 for sure.
not a horrible deal but Green's the best player in the deal and Anthony is at least serviceable for the Bobcats.  keep that pick and the deal's a bit more appetizing (provided someone really take's a look at MKG's game to see if there's hope of improvement).  always liked Henderson but he seems to have plateaued into a decent player but not much more than that.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If we landed Parker, I would have no problem trading Green but I would want something more than what Charlotte could provide.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that NYK could be in real flux.

Would they go for a Green, Bogans and the Clippers pick in 2015 for Tyson Chandler? Chandler is still only 31, is still close to being a regular double double guy and is still the defensive anchor type center this team needs.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we landed Parker, I would have no problem trading Green but I would want something more than what Charlotte could provide.

Would they go for a Green, Bogans and the Clippers pick in 2015 for Tyson Chandler? Chandler is still only 31, is still close to being a regular double double guy and is still the defensive anchor type center this team needs.

He seems to be getting injured a lot the last couple of years. Worry about his shelf life.  But like him as a defensive center.  Think he would play real well with Rondo. His  game on the offensive end was taking flight when Linsanity was happening back when.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I think they'd consider it, they need future picks badly and Tyson would be in the last year of his deal.

Hard to read what Phil will do as a GM.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 03:47:19 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I like it. Draft Parker and then pick up MKG. Parker becomes a better version of Pierce, MKG becomes Paul George 2.0.