Author Topic: Parker will be in the draft  (Read 12089 times)

Re: Parker will be in the draft
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL.  So we have Jeff Green, so Parker's not a good fit in Boston.   ???

What a doofus that guy is. The #1 rule of drafting in the top 5 is you go BPA and worry about the fit later. Seriously, what an absolute imbecile.

Ya.  Green's presence in no way means we shouldn't take Parker if Parker is the BPA when we pick.

If that happens, that may just mean Green -- or Parker, technically -- becomes tradable surplus.

Draft for talent.  Trade for need.
If we got Parker we could probably do a Green for Asik deal...

But with Asik at C, what would that mean for Sully and Oly's future... seems we need another trade eventually.

Sully isn't a true 5.  Neither is KO.  But you need a rotation of big men.  Right now I give the edge to KO over Sully at the 4 because of his offensive skills.  They are about equal rebounding-wise, but Sully is a more athletic defender.  So we could keep both because they fill different needs.

Parker would look wonderful in Celtic Green.  I feel like he could be a difference-maker for us and has a leader's attitude.

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I came just to say, I was wrong, You were right. Hehehe. I have no problem admitting it. Now, off I go...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Later...

Source said Kings and C's discussed a deal involving Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and a pick for Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento and the Kings strongly value McLemore.

I was alone on this, but here was why I thought this had legitimacy at the time...

How does one come to the revelation that Rondo is not interested in re-signing with Sacramento unless the trade discussions are far enough along that Rondo (and his agent) had been approached with it?   I couldn't wrap my mind around the logic of it.  How does that information come out?  I saw a few explanations:

#1 - THe trade was discussed.  Danny wanted to go through with it.  Kings wanted to go through with it pending a Rondo extension.  Rondo was contacted... he refused to re-sign.  So this is essentially what happened the first time around when Boston convinced the Wolves to trade them KG, but KG refused to sign an extension.. they then traded for Ray and re-approached the trade with Minny.   This seems like the most likely scenario.

#2 - Marc Spears got wind of trade discussions, contacted Rondo's agent for comment... agent said Rondo wouldn't resign... story was reported.  I guess that's somewhat plausible.

#3 - Spears made it up.  I find this very unlikely.

Is there an alternative explanation?  How exactly does the info that "Rondo will not re-sign in Sacramento" come to light if the trade wasn't close to happening?  Teams discuss random trades all the time...   If we call up OKC to get a feeler on an unlikely Kevin Durant trade... it's not like OKC will immediately ask Durant if he has interest in signing an extension in Boston.   That discussion doesn't come up unless both parties are far enough down the rabbit hole.

4.  The Kings approached Boston about a Rondo trade.  Ainge named a huge price.  Sacramento said that for that price there is no point in negotiating any further unless they think Rondo will sign an extension.

5. A source from the Kings lies about the willingness of Rondo to sign an extension so it looks to fans like they tried harder than they actually did to make a deal.

6.  A source from the Kings thinks it makes Sacramento look better if he spins it to look like Sacramento walked away because the price was too high rather than Boston walking away because the offer was too low.

7. A source from the Celtics lies because it either encourages more teams or fewer teams to pursue a Rondo deal....I can't really tell how this would affect teams interested in Rondo.

8. Ainge told the Kings that Rondo wouldn't sign an extension with them, possibly without finding out how Rondo actually feels, because he doesn't want to trade Rondo and wants Sacramento to leave him alone.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Great News about Parker makes our pick more valuable where ever it falls. Might take Embid over Parker if his back checks out. Randle is the only one i am not sure about (given our glut of undersized PF's). Otherwise take the best player with the first pick and draft for position on the second.

1. wiggins
2. parker
3. embid
4. exum
5. randle