Author Topic: Parker will be in the draft  (Read 12136 times)

Re: Parker will be in the draft
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Not sure Embiid is third. He has bust written all over him.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 01:44:13 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
LOL.  So we have Jeff Green, so Parker's not a good fit in Boston.   ???

What a doofus that guy is. The #1 rule of drafting in the top 5 is you go BPA and worry about the fit later. Seriously, what an absolute imbecile.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Dream scenario, la and boston pick 1 and 2 and we have a new wiggins/parker rivalry for the next 15 years just like pierce and kobe.

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Dream scenario, la and boston pick 1 and 2 and we have a new wiggins/parker rivalry for the next 15 years just like pierce and kobe.

Pierce and Kobe was no rivalry. Kobe was always a tier above Pierce. Magic/Bird?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Pierce and Kobe was no rivalry. Kobe was always a tier above Pierce. Magic/Bird?

Kobe always had 10 times better players surrounding him also.....That factored into it quite a bit.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Not sure Embiid is third. He has bust written all over him.

Disagree. He has the physical tools and an understanding of basketball. He'll take time, definitely but if he get puts in a good spot like Boston (or sigh.. LA) he could very seriously blossom into something special.

You may be right though, may be a bust if he's not in a good situation. Like Milwaukee, unless their new ownership is actually competent.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I am glad he entered. Not only would he be a great player for our team, but he also takes up a slot early on in the draft should we choose 5th-7th.

However, if we do make the jump to pick #3 (I assume with picks 1 and 2 we will take Wiggins/Embiid), do you think there is any chance DA chooses Exum over Parker? I know there were reports earlier in the year about the Cs being strong proponents of Exum, but that could also just be the Cs flexing their muscles over their international scouting.

I think Danny's choice of Exum or Parker will tell us a lot about what Danny's plans for Rondo are.

If Parker is selected, to me that means it's more likely Rondo stays, because he brings immediate help. If Exum (or Wiggins or Embiid) are selected, I think there is more of a chance of Rondo not being in our future.

If Wiggins or Embiid is selected I don't know how that means that Rondo is not in the future.   Wiggins plays great without the ball in his hands and would pair great at the 2 w/ Rondo.  Embiid would help out tremendously on D, and would be on the receiving end of a lot of lobs/dunks via RR.  I think Wiggins is immediate help as well.  Embiid may take a year or two to really develop, but the potential is sky high.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13

I'd MUCH rather the Lakers drop a few spots and pick 8th.  ;D

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Lakers worst-case scenario is pick 9.   But for that to happen, it would mean we were picking 8th (or 7th if we win the coinflip with Utah tomorrow).

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Agreed, very much agreed.  Screw the Lakers.  hope 2 teams jump ahead of them -- provided the C's are ahead of those 2 teams  ;D

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Agreed, very much agreed.  Screw the Lakers.  hope 2 teams jump ahead of them -- provided the C's are ahead of those 2 teams :)
So your dream scenario is Boston gets #1.... New York gets #2 (goes to Denver... lol)... 3rd pick goes to a team like Sacramento... Lakers end up 8th?

I can get on board with that...

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
So, LooseCannon, your thoughts?

It's not surprising that he declared for the draft, but I think he was legitimately conflicted and that anyone who said it was a 100% certainty he was going to turn pro was mistaken.

In projecting him, he could be like a non-headcase Michael Beasley or a less selfish Carmelo Anthony.  I don't watch college, so I haven't seen any of his games, but those seem like reasonable projections.  If the Celtics draft him, I could see him starting out the season as a combo forward off the bench while Stevens experiments with him in both roles, with him eventually moving into the starting lineup based on how well he executes on defense.  I think it would be wrong for the Celtics to dump Green before the season to clear playing for Parker, if they get him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Parker on the floor with K.O. would be something to watch. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

What a doofus that guy is. The #1 rule of drafting in the top 5 is you go BPA and worry about the fit later. Seriously, what an absolute imbecile.

Ya.  Green's presence in no way means we shouldn't take Parker if Parker is the BPA when we pick.

If that happens, that may just mean Green -- or Parker, technically -- becomes tradable surplus.

Draft for talent.  Trade for need.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Ya.  Green's presence in no way means we shouldn't take Parker if Parker is the BPA when we pick.

If that happens, that may just mean Green -- or Parker, technically -- becomes tradable surplus.

Draft for talent.  Trade for need.
If we got Parker we could probably do a Green for Asik deal...

But with Asik at C, what would that mean for Sully and Oly's future... seems we need another trade eventually.