Author Topic: Kelly is legit  (Read 12581 times)

Kelly is legit
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I was in awe tonight.  He makes me feel good about the future. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Kelly is legit
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Grill me if you want but I like him more than Sullinger right now and most likely moving forward.

Kelly has been rebounding at about and equal clip, maybe just a hair less than Sullinger and being quite a bit better, more efficient offensively. I don't know if Kelly is "legit" but I'd take him above Sully at the moment.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:25:17 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
He's won me over this season. My projection of his career has gone from perennial D-League All-Star, to first big off the bench. I could see him winning 6MOTY one day. Good pick-up by Danny in a historically bad draft, at least judging by the first year.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
He's won me over this season. My projection of his career has gone from perennial D-League All-Star, to first big off the bench. I could see him winning 6MOTY one day. Good pick-up by Danny in a historically bad draft, at least judging by the first year.

You're still selling him short.  Your projection is going in the right direction, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
What a difference a month makes.  Seems like I was the only one he didn't think he was the worst.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Grill me if you want but I like him more than Sullinger right now and most likely moving forward.

Kelly has been rebounding at about and equal clip, maybe just a hair less than Sullinger and being quite a bit better, more efficient offensively. I don't know if Kelly is "legit" but I'd take him above Sully at the moment.

I'm surprisingly with you on this one.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
He got 24 points, while getting his 5th foul in the 1st half.  That is game right there and it was against a playoff team that was really trying for once.  He was such a great pick, makes me all the happier we got the 17th pick instead of the 18th.  Danny will hopefully work his magic once again.

Can you imagine when calls start going his way?  He will be unstoppable

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Not to be a downer and all, but wait until the C's start contending. Then we'll see what kind of value Olynyk truly has!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:56:27 PM by SparzWizard »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Just to add; his rebounding has well surpassed my expectations for him. He isn't a world beater by any means by he's been - in my opinion - surprisingly adequate. Which is nice because I thought he'd be quite bad honestly.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

You're still selling him short.  Your projection is going in the right direction, though.
I dunno. I just think his inability to guard anything alive might hinder his starter potential. Especially if we don't get a rim protecting center for a while. Anyway, I agree the future looks bright. Kelly was one of the best rookies this year and Sully is already our second best player and he's only 22. Hopefully one day he'll get to play in his actual position.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Not to be a downer and all, but wait until the C's start contenting. Then we'll see what kind of value Olynyk truly has!

co-signed.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 11:55:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Not to be a downer and all, but wait until the C's start contenting. Then we'll see what kind of value Olynyk truly has!

co-signed.

Yup, Kelly is a 6th man , 3rd big in a rotation IMO. He is a pretty average defender at best , and just can't see him ever being a starter on a contending team(unless he has a young shaq next to him).  I like him a lot in the 6th man role where he can provide offense off the bench, but right now he gives up just as many points as he scores . Hell Booker had 20pts tonight in the first half with KO guarding him (also picked up 5 quick fouls) .

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 12:43:16 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
a lot of Kelly's fouls this yr. have been "rookie" fouls imo. the refs in this league are a joke. we'll see what kind of player Kelly is in the next couple yrs. after he gets past this stupid ref initiation.

as of right now I think he has proven he can play in this league. 

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 12:49:26 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I'm surprisingly with you on this one.

That's been my view all year. It amazes me how many people here are still so skeptical of him and his game. 

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:09:56 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Hate to disagree w/ tommy but not an All Star. He plays so out of position at times he is the main reason our interior defense is so bad.