Author Topic: Tied for Fourth!  (Read 5026 times)

Tied for Fourth!
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Woohoo! That made the losing worth it!

Re: Tied for Fourth!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Unlike some pathetic teams like the 76ers that end up trying when they know they got the 2nd worse record sealed, i bet we get lucky and move up a few spots on lotto night.

I would love to get either Embiid or Wiggins

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »

Offline nzea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
Unlike some pathetic teams like the 76ers that end up trying when they know they got the 2nd worse record sealed, i bet we get lucky and move up a few spots on lotto night.

It would be hilarious if we didn't have to suck for multiple years get back into relevancy lol.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:08:36 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If Jabari declares the coin flip is huge. If the lottery goes in order (which I realize is rare), we are guaranteed no worse than Parker/Exum. If we actually draft in the top 4... so happy.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

You know, I bet every team's fans thinks their team didn't majorly tank (well, with the possibly obvious exception of Philly).  But, the C's definitely tried to tank ... not the players, but management.  The C's dumped all their guard depth mid-season, and then started sitting Rondo the last week or so, same with Sully, et al.  From my perspective they tried very hard to tank ... but some of the players just didn't cooperate against Charlotte and Cleveland.

So, I wouldn't count on karma paying us any favors.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
I'm glad this brings all the tanking talk to a close.  Hopefully we get lucky with the ping pong balls.  Now we have the Jabari decision.  Hope he decides to come out.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
So is Utah done for the year then? tied for 4th isn't bad. Thank goodness the Lakers beat them.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The Celtics and Jazz will split 207 ping-pong ball combinations with a random drawing to see who gets the leftover combo (and the higher pick in the event neither vault into the top 3 spots). Both teams will own roughly 33.7 percent chance at a top-3 pick and a 10.4 percent chance at the No. 1 overall pick. Boston can pick no lower than eighth in June's draft.

The Celtic entered the final night with the fifth worst record in basketball, but were aided by a Los Angeles Lakers victory over the San Antonio Spurs as well as Utah's double-overtime triumph over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

What's more, with Washington's win over Boston, coupled with Brooklyn's loss in Cleveland, the Celtics will pick as high as 17th in June's draft with the Nets' pick received in last summer's swap. A coin flip will break the tie between the Nets and Wizards, who both finished at 44-38, meaning Boston will pick 17th or 18th overall with that selection.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
When is the tiebreaker decided?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:42 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I just ran the simulator on Tankathon after the Utah win became official on their site.  Here are the results *drumroll*:

1.  Boston Celtics (+4)
2.  Utah Jazz (+2)
3.  Orlando
4.  Milwaukee (-3)
5.  Philadelphia (-3)
6.  LA Lakers
7.  Sacramento
8.  Detroit
9.  Cleveland
10.  New Orleans to Philadelphia

17.  Brooklyn to Boston

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Jabari declares the coin flip is huge. If the lottery goes in order (which I realize is rare), we are guaranteed no worse than Parker/Exum. If we actually draft in the top 4... so happy.
Awesome way to close out the tank job.    Today couldn't have gone better.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
When is the tiebreaker decided?

Probably on draft night.  It will be a one ping pong ball advantage at most though, it's not that big of a deal.

You know, I bet every team's fans thinks their team didn't majorly tank (well, with the possibly obvious exception of Philly).  But, the C's definitely tried to tank ... not the players, but management.  The C's dumped all their guard depth mid-season, and then started sitting Rondo the last week or so, same with Sully, et al.  From my perspective they tried very hard to tank ... but some of the players just didn't cooperate against Charlotte and Cleveland.

So, I wouldn't count on karma paying us any favors.

The only way to tank is for the management to kneecap the team.  I would not want the players to do anything other than try to win.  I am happy we started Pressey vs. Cleveland, as that was our best chance at losing.  The fact that we won is annoying, but it's preferable to throwing games outright. 

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't we now split the ping pong combos with Utah?   Coin flip is only to determine what happens if neither gets into the Top 3

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Don't we now split the ping pong combos with Utah?   Coin flip is only to determine what happens if neither gets into the Top 3

We split them evenly, but if there is an odd number of total ping pong balls between us, there is a coin flip to get the last ppb.  I am too lazy to Google the amount, but let's say it was 1,001 ppbs between us - that last one would have a coin flip to see if it went to us or Utah.  If there was 1,000, then it would be an even 500 each.