Author Topic: Danny made the right move trading up for KO  (Read 3967 times)

Danny made the right move trading up for KO
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
KO's last three games is as good as it gets for a rookie player. For many starting PF's it would be considered excellent games.

I been high on him all year long.  After one offseason hopefully he will have the kind of body that won't be moved around easily.  Defensively he is never going to be great but i like his mobility/agility and effort. He overhelps a little too much at times, which is better than not helping at all.

Next year i bet he averages 15-16 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists , a block here and steal there a game.  Will also have multiple 20 plus games.

I have him ahead of Sullinger to be next years starting PF.  If Danny can get a rim protector and hopefuly is lying about keeping green and trades him (or we luck out with drafting Wiggins), this team has a bright future.

Re: Danny made the right move trading up for KO
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:05:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
3 Things for Kelly to be a Top Celtic Player:

1: Weight Room
2: Confidence
3: Haircut
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:20 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
After one offseason hopefully he will have the kind of body that won't be moved around easily. 

I don't get this.  Last year he was preparing for a) the draft and b) his rookie year.  Both of those are way more incentive to get in shape then improvement from his rookie to sophomore year.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
After one offseason hopefully he will have the kind of body that won't be moved around easily. 

I don't get this.  Last year he was preparing for a) the draft and b) his rookie year.  Both of those are way more incentive to get in shape then improvement from his rookie to sophomore year.

He was also suffering from plantar fasciitis.  Preventing that from becoming a lingering problem was good preparation.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
KO played like a stud in the final month.  I think if he gets stronger and a little bigger in the offseason, works on his game.  He could end up considered one of the steals of the 2013 draft.  He could end up being our Dirk-Lite.  :-)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 11:37:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
3 Things for Kelly to be a Top Celtic Player:

1: Weight Room
2: Confidence
3: Haircut

Good to go now.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 11:40:11 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
and Tommy was correct tonight, when he said that KO came into the league with more talent than Dirk--I remember Dirk's rookie season....not so hot (41% from the filed, 21% from 3 pt. line...77% from FT line)---KO's was better on all categories....but I really doubt he ever becomes as good as Dirk....Dirk was 2 years younger.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Maybe. Let's wait a few years to see how/if he improves.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
KO's last three games is as good as it gets for a rookie player. For many starting PF's it would be considered excellent games.

I been high on him all year long.  After one offseason hopefully he will have the kind of body that won't be moved around easily.  Defensively he is never going to be great but i like his mobility/agility and effort. He overhelps a little too much at times, which is better than not helping at all.

Next year i bet he averages 15-16 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists , a block here and steal there a game.  Will also have multiple 20 plus games.

I have him ahead of Sullinger to be next years starting PF.  If Danny can get a rim protector and hopefuly is lying about keeping green and trades him (or we luck out with drafting Wiggins), this team has a bright future.
i agree with just about everything and think sully will be used ala al jefferson in getting us kevin love or someone top notch
but no way is kelly averaging 2 assists a game with any playing time, he is a very very good passing big, put him on high post and the offense can run through him

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
and Tommy was correct tonight, when he said that KO came into the league with more talent than Dirk--I remember Dirk's rookie season....not so hot (41% from the filed, 21% from 3 pt. line...77% from FT line)---KO's was better on all categories....but I really doubt he ever becomes as good as Dirk....Dirk was 2 years younger.

Dirk is also, you know, in the top 10 all-time for NBA Scoring and a surefire hall of famer. it's highly unlikely he becomes the next Dirk.

Fingers crossed, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I have been talking Kelly up all season. People will harp on it being the last 3 games when teams weren't really trying (Was def wanted the win tonight) but that's just the people who never liked Kelly, he has been really solid for about 2 months now. He was only playing 19 mins a game at that. His defense is terrible although with some work, he knows where to be, I think he will eventually be okay. On offense, the sky is the limit. Our offense ran and looked so much better when he was out there. He can rebound solid enough already considering how easily he got pushed around early season and still at times now. He can pass very well and he has nice hands. Kid is gonna be a solid player. I'm not saying he is gonna be Dirk-like/lite, I'm just saying he is gonna be better than people think.

Chatters are definitely tired of my Kelly talk... I had to go against a lot of them who said he was a terrible pick and people who said he wouldn't be in the NBA in a few years 0.0. I'm tired of talking the kid up... next season he will prove me right (hopefully).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Dude... Kelly was legit the last couple months.  Elite-level shooting.  I hope he keeps it up next season. 

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Dude... Kelly was legit the last couple months.  Elite-level shooting.  I hope he keeps it up next season.

For March and April (not including the last game), Olynyk is shooting 52.2% from the field and 46.5% from three, with 11.6 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 22.1 minutes per game over 21 games.

While I've tried to be realistic and declined to project Olynyk as a possible Nowitzki 2.0, I've allowed myself to hope that he could be a better Bargnani, without the expectation of being a go-to scorer that comes with being #1 overall pick .  I feel more optimistic that I was mid-season he can hit that level of play.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I have been talking Kelly up all season. People will harp on it being the last 3 games when teams weren't really trying (Was def wanted the win tonight) but that's just the people who never liked Kelly, he has been really solid for about 2 months now. He was only playing 19 mins a game at that. His defense is terrible although with some work, he knows where to be, I think he will eventually be okay. On offense, the sky is the limit. Our offense ran and looked so much better when he was out there. He can rebound solid enough already considering how easily he got pushed around early season and still at times now. He can pass very well and he has nice hands. Kid is gonna be a solid player. I'm not saying he is gonna be Dirk-like/lite, I'm just saying he is gonna be better than people think.

Chatters are definitely tired of my Kelly talk... I had to go against a lot of them who said he was a terrible pick and people who said he wouldn't be in the NBA in a few years 0.0. I'm tired of talking the kid up... next season he will prove me right (hopefully).

I agree with you.

To be honest I was a bit down on Olynyk when I heard about the draft choice, but the second I watched him play in Summer League I changed my mind super quick.  I knew that people would use the whole "it's against amateur talent" argument, but for me it wasn't what I saw of him vs the other players, it was what I saw of him on his own that impressed me:

* His rebounding
* His IQ (he always seemed to react very quickly and instinctively to what was going on)
* His passing ability relative to his size
* His hands and ball handling ability for his size
* His variety of moves in the post (fadeaways, jump hooks, up and unders, etc)
* The consistency of his outside shot

When I saw all of these skills on display i just thought to myself "this kid is just far too skilled at his size to not become a quality NBA player".

Glad to see all of that coming together for him in the pros. 

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 07:46:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dirk lite or ryan anderson 2? His ability to drive to the basket for a layup from the 3 pt line is real tool. Just needs a couple of steps.  I imagine he will be an even better shooter for next season also.