Author Topic: Top 8 pick guaranteed. Congrats on successful tank job  (Read 6175 times)

Re: Top 8 pick guaranteed. Congrats on successful tank job
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:15 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Hope a few teams are dumb enough to reach on Kyle Anderson and Cleananthony Early or something. Calling it now, Bucks pick Marcus Smart 1st overall.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:43 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hope a few teams are dumb enough to reach on Kyle Anderson and Cleananthony Early or something. Calling it now, Bucks pick Marcus Smart 1st overall.

Is this based on anything or just on gut feeling and thinking outside the box?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Is this based on anything or just on gut feeling and thinking outside the box?

None of the above. Just wishful thinking. Hoping teams ahead of us reach on some players so Wiggins, Embiid, or Parker can fall to us.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 11:06:27 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If only the cavs got number 1 so they could pick dario saric and let good players fall to us

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It will be successful tank if we get a top 4 pick, anything short of that and I can't agree with the OP
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 11:20:14 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
It will be successful tank if we get a top 4 pick, anything short of that and I can't agree with the OP

We still have to hit on that #4 pick.  If said draftee goes "bust-o", then none of this was successful.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

We still have to hit on that #4 pick.  If said draftee goes "bust-o", then none of this was successful.
A point lost on so many that post here. It doesn't matter where we pick, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7. We still have to hit big on the pick. If the pick busts, we lost a season for nothing.

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

A point lost on so many that post here. It doesn't matter where we pick, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7. We still have to hit big on the pick. If the pick busts, we lost a season for nothing.
This is true, I just think that if we pick in the top 4 the chances we hit on the pick are a lot greater.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

This is true, I just think that if we pick in the top 4 the chances we hit on the pick are a lot greater.
Maybe. But maybe not. I think Embiid is just LOADED with bust potential. Exum could be too. And yes, I want Boston to pick higher so the players with the least likely chance to bust are available there for Ainge to select. But as in any draft, even the really good ones like 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2008 picking first or 2nd is no sure thing.

You still have to hit on the pick, no matter here it is.

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
To me the real prizes lie in the top 3-5....anything lower than that is a huge disappointment. I don't want to have to take Gary Harris, Marcus Smart, Vonleah, etc....

Parker, Wiggins, Exum or Randle please....I want NOTHING to do with Embiid. He is going to get a GM fired...