Author Topic: Lol Knicks...  (Read 1881 times)

Lol Knicks...
« on: April 16, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Carmelo Anthony wants to know if the computer is broken.

Anthony reacted with surprise Wednesday when informed of a projection for the Knicks to go 37-45 this season, based on an ESPN system called SCHOENE. That would be a steep dropoff from last season’s 54-28 record, which was good enough for the second seed in the Eastern Conference.

“Sometimes there’s glitches in the computer,’’ Anthony said. “That’s all I can say.’’

Mike Woodson and Anthony laughed off an ESPN computer simulation from earlier this week that predicted the Knicks will win 37 games this season — which would amount to a 17-win slip from last season’s Atlantic Division-winning 54-28 record.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/48845/knicks-dont-agree-with-37-wins-projection

http://nypost.com/2013/10/16/knicks-scoff-at-computers-37-win-projection/

___

Game over Knicks fans!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Lol Knicks...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Don't bad mouth them today!  They did us a huge favor beating the Nets last night.  If we lose to the Wiz and the Nets lose to the Cavs tonight - then I think the Wiz have to win a tiebreaker of some sorts also - we just got us the 17th pick in the draft instead of the 18th.  It basically makes up for WCS not declaring, should it happen

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Don't bad mouth them today!  They did us a huge favor beating the Nets last night.  If we lose to the Wiz and the Nets lose to the Cavs tonight - then I think the Wiz have to win a tiebreaker of some sorts also - we just got us the 17th pick in the draft instead of the 18th.  It basically makes up for WCS not declaring, should it happen

Wizards have the tiebreak, they swept Brooklyn this year.  Doubt Brooklyn loses to the Cavs unless they're legitimately trying to duck the Bulls.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Wizards have the tiebreak, they swept Brooklyn this year.  Doubt Brooklyn loses to the Cavs unless they're legitimately trying to duck the Bulls.

....or maybe trying to play miami in second round

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:31:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I've heard that theory but I have a hard time believing any lower-seeded team is gonna ignore their first round matchup to deliberately seek out a 2nd round opponent.  Least of all a 2-time defending champ.  They'd probably have to get through Miami and Indiana regardless, so I can't imagine the order is a big motivator.

And I know they're 4-0 against Miami but I also know anyone in the league as long as these guys knows a few close regular-season wins means jack in the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I've heard that theory but I have a hard time believing any lower-seeded team is gonna ignore their first round matchup to deliberately seek out a 2nd round opponent.  Least of all a 2-time defending champ.  They'd probably have to get through Miami and Indiana regardless, so I can't imagine the order is a big motivator.

And I know they're 4-0 against Miami but I also know anyone in the league as long as these guys knows a few close regular-season wins means jack in the playoffs.

They [basically] purposely lost last night and will most likely do so again tonight vs the Cavs. Their players need rest and I think they feel quite comfortable facing the Raptors instead of the Bulls in the 1st round. The Heat matchup is just a bonus.