Pick for Love?

Yes
38 (55.1%)
No
25 (36.2%)
I plead the fifth
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Trade for Love ideas (merged)  (Read 51916 times)

Re: Trade for Love ideas (merged)
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I suppose I'd do this, at least the Love part. However if our lotto pick is 5 or 6 wouldnt we rather just trade that instead of 3 of our futures?

Also I'm glad you kept out the Nets future picks as those have the potential to be very valuable with such a glut of overpaid and old players.

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=outa6r4

This might need to be a 3 way. Add in Houston.

In addition to the link above the wolves get Houston's first rounder our lotto pick and some other picks from us. Most of the salary they receive expires after this coming year. In the case if Wallace his deal expires at the same time mbah a moute and buddinger do.

Houston dumps salary to make a run at melo.

Boston puts together a team worthy of competing for a title in the east.

giggity

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2014, 11:15:06 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Since Kevin Love rumors are on full throttle... just going to give this a quick bump.

I loved the Greenstreet comparisons of KG/Love. I don't think Love is anywhere near the level of KG. KG at one point was considered the best basketball player, while Love may be top 5-10 in the future.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think it seems pretty unanimous that if Boston does NOT get a top-3, most fans would trade it for Kevin Love.

However, I think it's an interesting discussion if Boston has a crack at a Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Lakers are 100% assured of getting a top 3 pick because they are the most famous franchise in the NBA. The Celtics have more titles but in terms of prestige to players and fans they are below the Lakers Knicks and Miami (yes Miami while LeBron is there at least) and on par with others. Why I mention this is because of one simple fact. Kevin Love, a home grown kid from LA wants to play for the Lakers and is a year away from Free Agency. I'll say this again...Kevin Love wants to play for the Lakers (maybe the Knicks too) and is a year away from Free Agency. What would possess any of you to be on board with a Love deal that would give Minnesota our future superstar for one year of Kevin Love!!!

I've watched a lot of Sota games. He really isn't as good as his stat line shows night in and night out. His compete level is laughable and he plays like a Laker. Fans that like Kevin Love will turn on him once he comes in shows lack of hustle.

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think it seems pretty unanimous that if Boston does NOT get a top-3, most fans would trade it for Kevin Love.

However, I think it's an interesting discussion if Boston has a crack at a Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid.

The prospect of getting someone like Parker or Wiggins is mouth watering but....

We would never get enough value for Rondo... Embiid is a question mark with his health. If we're looking to contend, then a top 3 pick is okay in my book, especially if we can get someone like Martin/Brewer to be our back ups. Idea of adding or bringing back Pierce would also sound good in my book. Pierce can be the perfect sixth man/role player.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2014, 11:37:46 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Lakers are 100% assured of getting a top 3 pick because they are the most famous franchise in the NBA. The Celtics have more titles but in terms of prestige to players and fans they are below the Lakers Knicks and Miami (yes Miami while LeBron is there at least) and on par with others. Why I mention this is because of one simple fact. Kevin Love, a home grown kid from LA wants to play for the Lakers and is a year away from Free Agency. I'll say this again...Kevin Love wants to play for the Lakers (maybe the Knicks too) and is a year away from Free Agency. What would possess any of you to be on board with a Love deal that would give Minnesota our future superstar for one year of Kevin Love!!!

I've watched a lot of Sota games. He really isn't as good as his stat line shows night in and night out. His compete level is laughable and he plays like a Laker. Fans that like Kevin Love will turn on him once he comes in shows lack of hustle.

Because everything you said are nothing but speculations.  There is no certainty to your point that Love wouldn't resign.  I'm of a mind that if Ainge is able to net another star in Melo, there is no doubt that Love is definitely staying.  And if we're able to get Love, it's a great selling point to get Melo.  It works out in the end in my opinion.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
If its a top 4 pick, I say no, only because the overall package we'd have to give up would be quite high, and Love is largely a one-way player (unlike KG). For KG, yes, you give up everything without hesitation because he can dominate on both ends, but that's not the case for Love.

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
No thanks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
So the Celtics build a new big 3 for a year with Melo (most overrated player in the NBA) and Kevin Love (2nd most overrated player in the NBA) and Rondo (3rd most overrated). This should go over real well by January. Plus these guys have been out of college for so long I doubt they would respect Stevens. I want blue collar players on this team. I want young and exciting talent. We've seen the best of Melo and Love. I want to see the best of Embiid Parker Wiggins and Exum

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
didn't read the whole thread , but Woj says the C's are making a run at Love

The Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns are among many teams determined to make hard runs at trades for Love, league sources said. Boston and Los Angeles plan to make high-lottery picks in the 2014 NBA Draft available in offers for Love, sources said.

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'd say Boston as the assets to get the attention on the Minn powers in charge .

Unlike CP3...... I think Kevin is maybe a little less likely to totally reject playing in Boston as CP3 .

He might not promise a extension right off ......but maybe a year with the program and he sees promise .

Frankly that's about how I see it going down.....IF we want an Elite player ..... We will have to pay out the rear end to get him here and then hope he stays .

Secondly , without Rondo ....there is little chance he stays or

Little chance Rondo stays without a star coming to Boston as well.

I say Wye and DA go for it.....pay the bill  ......bring in Asik or Gortat  and play ball.

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Comes down to who else is going out to make salaries work. If its a package like Wallace, Bass, and Joel Anthony plus the top 3 pick, I would support it. If they want our top 3 pick as well young as a Sullinger, or Olynyk, Green (16 ppg at a good clip is good) or even Rondo then I nope.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:11 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/05/kevin_love_trade_rumors_2014_b.html

I hope when it's all said and done we have Love, Melo, and Rondo.  We may be contending as early as next season.  I am so excited.  Ainge, work that phone!!!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So the Celtics build a new big 3 for a year with Melo (most overrated player in the NBA) and Kevin Love (2nd most overrated player in the NBA) and Rondo (3rd most overrated). This should go over real well by January. Plus these guys have been out of college for so long I doubt they would respect Stevens. I want blue collar players on this team. I want young and exciting talent. We've seen the best of Melo and Love. I want to see the best of Embiid Parker Wiggins and Exum

Because nothing says blue collar like being prepped for being a top draft pick in the NBA at a D1 school.  ::)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.