Pick for Love?

Yes
38 (55.1%)
No
25 (36.2%)
I plead the fifth
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Trade for Love ideas (merged)  (Read 51740 times)

Re: Trade for Love ideas (merged)
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Is it possible to grab Melo and Love and still have Rondo?  If it is, that would be the PERFECT scenerio.  And with Stevens leading the way, 18 would be on the horizon.  I hope Danny throw all our picks and assets at teams to get these two.  That is a championship team right there without a doubt.

If you can convince someone to take on Wallace, yes.   Otherwise, it's less likely.  (Also, you have to convince Melo to come here, and convince New York to trade him to us).  But as far as salaries/salary caps and the rules for trades, it's not much of a problem.  Heck, there's even room for Asik with the Pierce trade exception.  The rest of your lineup may be largely guys signed for the minimum, although there's probably room to re-sign Bradley and/or use the MLE, but you can create that core.  It costs a ton of picks and Sully and Olynyk, obviously, but it's a team.  Heck, maybe you can even attract ring-chasers.  I bet it lures back Pierce, if nothing else.

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 08:42:56 AM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Do you guys ever think about trades from anything but the Celts' point of view? Why would Love want to come to Boston? The Wolves are much closer to being a contender than the Celts. They look like one of the better teams ever to have missed the playoffs. They have a lottery pick (likely 12) and a center (Dieng or Pekovic) they could package with that pick to deal for another quality starter.

Love isn't coming to Boston.

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Wolves are much closer to being a contender than the Celts. They look like one of the better teams ever to have missed the playoffs.

What are you basing this on?  They finished 8 games behind the 9th place team in their conference.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Do you guys ever think about trades from anything but the Celts' point of view? Why would Love want to come to Boston? The Wolves are much closer to being a contender than the Celts. They look like one of the better teams ever to have missed the playoffs. They have a lottery pick (likely 12) and a center (Dieng or Pekovic) they could package with that pick to deal for another quality starter.

They are? How do you figure?

Because something tells me we are not going to see the TWolves in the finals anytime soon.

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Is it possible to grab Melo and Love and still have Rondo?  If it is, that would be the PERFECT scenerio.  And with Stevens leading the way, 18 would be on the horizon.  I hope Danny throw all our picks and assets at teams to get these two.  That is a championship team right there without a doubt.

I honestly think this is Danny's game plan to go after both Love and Melo while keeping Rondo. I think he's going to do whatever it takes to get them both as well. I think he is able to net Love, not Melo and then settle for the more obtainable Asik and a run at a guy like Aflallo.

But I don't see Danny keeping his 10 draft picks and I can see him gutting most of our assests to get two sueprstar players such as these guys. A core of Melo, Love, Rondo makes it a heck of a lot easier for guys to take a pay cut in FA to come to Boston regardless of its cold winters.

Sully, cap filler, this years top pick and 2 future firsts for Love

Green, Bradley, non guaranteeds, our number 18pick and 2 future firss for melo.

Still gives us 4 draft picks over the next four years. I don't know, I just think in the market today the "Big three" teams win and the long rebuild era is over.

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 09:03:06 AM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

The Wolves won 15 more games than the Celts. That's a lot. And they have expendable assets they can use to get better.

Because something tells me we are not going to see the TWolves in the finals anytime soon.

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

The Wolves won 15 more games than the Celts. That's a lot. And they have expendable assets they can use to get better.

I suppose. Celts have an advantage though as they are in the weak East whereas Minny is playing in the stacked West.

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Love will be the first player since the NBA/ABA merger to average 26/12/4 in a season.

@kevinlove is now the first player in @nba history to have 2,000 points, 900 rebounds and 100 3-pointers in a single season. #Twolves

[Kevin] Garnett, widely acknowledged as the best player in franchise history, played all 82 games during his record-setting season, averaging 24.2 points per contest. Love, a clear choice as the second-best player in franchise history, needed just 76 games to break Garnett's record, as the former UCLA Bruin is averaging 26.2 points per game.

I think enough needs to be said honestly..

Some people will disagree, and say he isn't even anywhere near Kevin Garnett. And I agree; he isn't. But he isn't trying to be KG either...

Hes putting down a trend by proving 3 pt shooters can be a solid rebounder too.

Love can be the go to guy, and take off pressure from Green if we decide to keep him.

I always said if we can move some cap space, I don't see how going after Stephenson or even keeping Bradley would still make us a threat in the East. Locking up a interior defensive big men should be our first priority.

Paul Pierce can envision playing for the Celtics again, and president of basketball operations Danny Ainge can see Pierce returning to Boston, too, if the price and circumstances are right, as Ainge said this morning on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston, tweets Ben Rohrbach of WEEI. The 36-year-old Pierce becomes a free agent in the summer, though the Nets would like to re-sign him, too.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 10:56:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Love will be the first player since the NBA/ABA merger to average 26/12/4 in a season.

@kevinlove is now the first player in @nba history to have 2,000 points, 900 rebounds and 100 3-pointers in a single season. #Twolves

[Kevin] Garnett, widely acknowledged as the best player in franchise history, played all 82 games during his record-setting season, averaging 24.2 points per contest. Love, a clear choice as the second-best player in franchise history, needed just 76 games to break Garnett's record, as the former UCLA Bruin is averaging 26.2 points per game.

Some people will disagree, and say he isn't even anywhere near Kevin Garnett. And I agree; he isn't. But he isn't trying to be KG either...

Love can be the go to guy, and take off pressure from Green if we decide to keep him.

I always said if we can move some cap space, I don't see how going after Stephenson or even keeping Bradley would still make us a threat in the East. Locking up a interior defensive big men should be our first priority.

Paul Pierce can envision playing for the Celtics again, and president of basketball operations Danny Ainge can see Pierce returning to Boston, too, if the price and circumstances are right, as Ainge said this morning on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston, tweets Ben Rohrbach of WEEI. The 36-year-old Pierce becomes a free agent in the summer, though the Nets would like to re-sign him, too.

Hey, question for you. Is this true?

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Hey, question for you. Is this true?

Nets star Paul Pierce says he’s open to returning to the Celtics as either a player or team employee, he told reporters including Baxter Holmes of The Boston Globe. Responding to a question on the possibility of a return to Boston, he answered, “Yeah, why not? Maybe play for them, maybe work for them.” As final as the departure from Boston of Pierce and fellow star Kevin Garnett felt last summer, the small forward says he remains close with point guard Rajon Rondo and still has affection for the franchise he build his Hall of Fame career with.

A user on Redsarmy posted a tweet in the comment section in which 98.5 Hub asked Danny Ainge a personal question.

"Do you want Paul Pierce back?"

And he pretty much said yes, and that it depended on financial restrictions and cap space.

This was right after he responded to a question saying that the Celtics are looking to pursue an Allstar in the off-season.

Ainge on a dealing for an All-Star: "That's possible. We'll certainly look into that. So much depends upon where we end up in the draft."

Ainge on 'fireworks': "I'm looking to make something happen. But I have to make sure that we do a good deal, not just to make a splash."

___

Half of my post got cut off...

But just for the record, the sources aren't legit or accurate. I do believe 98.5 Hub, and Chris Mannix who tweeted something similar to this are at least viable sources.

The Nets have Pierce bird rights, so we'll see if they seriously want to hold onto him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

I honestly think this is Danny's game plan to go after both Love and Melo while keeping Rondo. I think he's going to do whatever it takes to get them both as well. I think he is able to net Love, not Melo and then settle for the more obtainable Asik and a run at a guy like Aflallo.

But I don't see Danny keeping his 10 draft picks and I can see him gutting most of our assests to get two sueprstar players such as these guys. A core of Melo, Love, Rondo makes it a heck of a lot easier for guys to take a pay cut in FA to come to Boston regardless of its cold winters.

Still gives us 4 draft picks over the next four years. I don't know, I just think in the market today the "Big three" teams win and the long rebuild era is over.

There is no way in heck I'd give up Sully, our #1 this year and 2 future first rounders for Kevin Love.  That is WAY too much for a player who is below average on defense.  The same goes for Carmelo and Harden. 

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

There is no way in heck I'd give up Sully, our #1 this year and 2 future first rounders for Kevin Love.  That is WAY too much for a player who is below average on defense.  The same goes for Carmelo and Harden.

Then we will be stuck in mediocrity for another 5 to 6 years and who knows if we will get out of it.

With Kevin Love we get a legit all star who puts up numbers and can take control of a game on the boards and on offense. Pair him with an Asik or a rim protecting type big man then I don't see his defense being an issue.

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Then we will be stuck in mediocrity for another 5 to 6 years and who knows if we will get out of it.

With Kevin Love we get a legit all star who puts up numbers and can take control of a game on the boards and on offense. Pair him with an Asik or a rim protecting type big man then I don't see his defense being an issue.
That trade puts Boston into mediocrity, not the other way around.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

The Timberwolves have been stuck in mediocrity the entire time they've had Kevin Love.

edit: Great minds, Moranis. TP.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The Timberwolves have been stuck in mediocrity the entire time they've had Kevin Love.

edit: Great minds, Moranis. TP.
forgot that Melo has led the Knicks to mediocrity as well. 

call me crazy but as good as that team looks on offense on paper, it looks that bad on D on paper as well.  be a lot like the Nuggets and Spurs teams of the 80's --> lots of offense and not much D.  although watching Alex English and George Gervin on offense was a treat.