Pick for Love?

Yes
38 (55.1%)
No
25 (36.2%)
I plead the fifth
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Trade for Love ideas (merged)  (Read 51745 times)

Re: Trade for Love ideas (merged)
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Kevin Garnett at age 31 > Kevin Love at age 25.

Garnett was used to doing it all and doing it well. When he came to Boston, he didn't have to do everything anymore, which increased his effectiveness in the things he did do.

Also, KG is a once in a generation player. Players like him rarely come in the NBA. Love is not. He is a selfish rebounder, a classic stat padder, doesn't play defense at all, has very limited offense, takes threes more than going inside, thinks he is a shooting guard and is the opposite of KG in terms of setting winning culture and environment and leadership qualities.

It's just wrong to compare KG and Love. It might be easy to compare the two since both missed the playoffs in their last couple of years with the Wolves, but that's the only similarity between them. A big three of Rondo-Love and anyone not named LeBron, Durant or Kobe (prime Kobe), isn't going to get anything done. A team that has Rondo and Love as its star players will definitely need at least 2 more stars to have a legit chance at winning anything.

This is where I'M SICK and TIRED of arguing or debating half of these shots at Kevin Love...

1) Here is the NBA list of rebounds that are grabbed contested... THIS MEANS Kevin Love is actually down on the block, boxing out, and trying to grab the board.

Love's column is significantly more impressive because he's fighting for his boards on a much more consistent basis. In fact, take a gander at the top-10 players in contested rebounds per game thus far:

Kevin Love, 6.0
    Enes Kanter, 5.6
    Anthony Davis, 5.0
    Roy Hibbert, 4.6
    Greg Monroe, 4.5
    Andre Drummond, 4.5
    Shawn Marion, 4.4
    Pau Gasol, 4.4
    Zaza Pachulia, 4.3
    Jonas Valanciunas, 4.3

2) Now as for uncontested rebounds this is where Love has his best bread and butter, but HE STILL DOES WELL.
Now, let's glance at the top 10 in uncontested rebounds per game:

Dwight Howard, 11.0
    Kevin Love, 8.6
    Al Horford, 7.8
    Serge Ibaka, 7.5
    Spencer Hawes, 7.4
    Joakim Noah, 7.3
    Trevor Ariza, 7.0
    Carmelo Anthony, 7.0
    Andre Drummond, 6.8
    Paul George, 6.6

So think about this carefully... Love actually grabs more boards uncontested than he does contested... So how is he selfish? If you think hes stat-padding think again, because uncontested rebounds are most of the time rebounds from a free throw.

3) How is Love a terrible defender? This was a response from a sports analyst, who refuted the argument that Love is a terrible defender when Chandler called him out.
The 6-foot-10 Love is averaging a career-low-tying 0.4 blocks, but to his credit he’s increased his defensive win shares from 0.9 last season to 3.1 this year, according to Basketball-Reference.com. The Wolves also rank No. 12 in defensive efficiency, well ahead of the No. 26 Knicks.

Opposing big men have just shot 34 percent against him in the post, and the T-Wolves are 2.3 points better defensively when Kevin Love is on the floor... By the way shooting 34 percent puts him in top 7 in big men defending at the post..

4) Very limited offense?
In reality...
He ranks as the eighth-most-efficient isolation scorer in the league this season, per Syngery sports.

That was in 2012... His scoring has only gotten better, and his 3 pt is only more effiecent... Why take a shot down the block, when hes making 38% of his 3pt shots? He could also get injured, or hurt his back if someone fouled him hard.. Why take that chance if most bigs can't keep up with him?

5) The Timberwolves team that KG had was relatively better... Rubio is one of the worst PG, and in the past few years, the Wolves have suffered numerous injuries which forced Pekovic/Rubio/Love all out in the worst of times...

6) No one can match Kevin Garnett's intensity, but... You can't knock Love's competitive fire to try to win.. Get out of here, Love is a top 7 superstar... Please...

You guys just say whatever you want about Love, but all the things you guys are saying about him is false.

The only knock I have on him is that Love is one of the worst 4th quarter players, but that is also due to the fact there is more added pressure. And honestly, no one else can create offense, or bump his team 11.3 points offensively better than Love can..

Fundamentally sound, great in the post, deceptively quick, and high basketball IQ...

For example lets compare Anthony Randolph to Kevin Love, who at the combine were arguably the two best PF in terms of potential.

Kevin Love measured out reasonably well-6-9 ½ in shoes (6-7 ¾ without), with a 6-11 ¼ wingspan and an 8-10 standing reach. His body fat is still very high at 12.9%, but in the combine he jumped 35 inches, lifted the 185 bar 18 times, and ran very well (11.17, 3.22)

Anthony Randolph is 6-10 ¼ in shoes, with a freakish 7-3 wingspan and 9-1 standing reach. He is skinny as expected at 4.7% body fat, jumped 35 inches on the max vert, and ran just OK at 11.86 and 3.26.

Love will never be a great defender, but so what? Get a good defensive Center that can defend, and alter shots, then you're golden..

Love, by contrast, averages 0.88 PPP in the post per Basketball Reference. His efficiency is elite thanks to his innate ability to score out of offensive rebounds, which account for an astounding 11% of his shots. Love is also a great and underrated passer...

Have you seen the amount of fastbreaks, and havoc he creates in transition with great heaves to Corey Brewer..? I swear 3-4 points in Brewer's averages has to be credited to Kevin Love..
Sounds great in theory, but not in reality. Rondo+Love will not get anything done. You would need a qualified superstar for such a team to win a ring. When you combined Pierce and KG, you needed just another decent player to compete for the title. Addition of Ray Allen put the team over the top. Replace KG with Love and Allen would not put the team over the top. You would need a Durant, Prime Kobe or Prime Shaq like third star to help the team win a ring.

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Kevin Garnett at age 31 > Kevin Love at age 25.

Garnett was used to doing it all and doing it well. When he came to Boston, he didn't have to do everything anymore, which increased his effectiveness in the things he did do.

Also, KG is a once in a generation player. Players like him rarely come in the NBA. Love is not. He is a selfish rebounder, a classic stat padder, doesn't play defense at all, has very limited offense, takes threes more than going inside, thinks he is a shooting guard and is the opposite of KG in terms of setting winning culture and environment and leadership qualities.

It's just wrong to compare KG and Love. It might be easy to compare the two since both missed the playoffs in their last couple of years with the Wolves, but that's the only similarity between them. A big three of Rondo-Love and anyone not named LeBron, Durant or Kobe (prime Kobe), isn't going to get anything done. A team that has Rondo and Love as its star players will definitely need at least 2 more stars to have a legit chance at winning anything.

This is where I'M SICK and TIRED of arguing or debating half of these shots at Kevin Love...

1) Here is the NBA list of rebounds that are grabbed contested... THIS MEANS Kevin Love is actually down on the block, boxing out, and trying to grab the board.

Love's column is significantly more impressive because he's fighting for his boards on a much more consistent basis. In fact, take a gander at the top-10 players in contested rebounds per game thus far:

Kevin Love, 6.0
    Enes Kanter, 5.6
    Anthony Davis, 5.0
    Roy Hibbert, 4.6
    Greg Monroe, 4.5
    Andre Drummond, 4.5
    Shawn Marion, 4.4
    Pau Gasol, 4.4
    Zaza Pachulia, 4.3
    Jonas Valanciunas, 4.3

2) Now as for uncontested rebounds this is where Love has his best bread and butter, but HE STILL DOES WELL.
Now, let's glance at the top 10 in uncontested rebounds per game:

Dwight Howard, 11.0
    Kevin Love, 8.6
    Al Horford, 7.8
    Serge Ibaka, 7.5
    Spencer Hawes, 7.4
    Joakim Noah, 7.3
    Trevor Ariza, 7.0
    Carmelo Anthony, 7.0
    Andre Drummond, 6.8
    Paul George, 6.6

So think about this carefully... Love actually grabs more boards uncontested than he does contested... So how is he selfish? If you think hes stat-padding think again, because uncontested rebounds are most of the time rebounds from a free throw.

3) How is Love a terrible defender? This was a response from a sports analyst, who refuted the argument that Love is a terrible defender when Chandler called him out.
The 6-foot-10 Love is averaging a career-low-tying 0.4 blocks, but to his credit he’s increased his defensive win shares from 0.9 last season to 3.1 this year, according to Basketball-Reference.com. The Wolves also rank No. 12 in defensive efficiency, well ahead of the No. 26 Knicks.

Opposing big men have just shot 34 percent against him in the post, and the T-Wolves are 2.3 points better defensively when Kevin Love is on the floor... By the way shooting 34 percent puts him in top 7 in big men defending at the post..

4) Very limited offense?
In reality...
He ranks as the eighth-most-efficient isolation scorer in the league this season, per Syngery sports.

That was in 2012... His scoring has only gotten better, and his 3 pt is only more effiecent... Why take a shot down the block, when hes making 38% of his 3pt shots? He could also get injured, or hurt his back if someone fouled him hard.. Why take that chance if most bigs can't keep up with him?

5) The Timberwolves team that KG had was relatively better... Rubio is one of the worst PG, and in the past few years, the Wolves have suffered numerous injuries which forced Pekovic/Rubio/Love all out in the worst of times...

6) No one can match Kevin Garnett's intensity, but... You can't knock Love's competitive fire to try to win.. Get out of here, Love is a top 7 superstar... Please...

You guys just say whatever you want about Love, but all the things you guys are saying about him is false.

The only knock I have on him is that Love is one of the worst 4th quarter players, but that is also due to the fact there is more added pressure. And honestly, no one else can create offense, or bump his team 11.3 points offensively better than Love can..

Fundamentally sound, great in the post, deceptively quick, and high basketball IQ...

For example lets compare Anthony Randolph to Kevin Love, who at the combine were arguably the two best PF in terms of potential.

Kevin Love measured out reasonably well-6-9 ½ in shoes (6-7 ¾ without), with a 6-11 ¼ wingspan and an 8-10 standing reach. His body fat is still very high at 12.9%, but in the combine he jumped 35 inches, lifted the 185 bar 18 times, and ran very well (11.17, 3.22)

Anthony Randolph is 6-10 ¼ in shoes, with a freakish 7-3 wingspan and 9-1 standing reach. He is skinny as expected at 4.7% body fat, jumped 35 inches on the max vert, and ran just OK at 11.86 and 3.26.

Love will never be a great defender, but so what? Get a good defensive Center that can defend, and alter shots, then you're golden..

Love, by contrast, averages 0.88 PPP in the post per Basketball Reference. His efficiency is elite thanks to his innate ability to score out of offensive rebounds, which account for an astounding 11% of his shots. Love is also a great and underrated passer...

Have you seen the amount of fastbreaks, and havoc he creates in transition with great heaves to Corey Brewer..? I swear 3-4 points in Brewer's averages has to be credited to Kevin Love..
Sounds great in theory, but not in reality. Rondo+Love will not get anything done. You would need a qualified superstar for such a team to win a ring. When you combined Pierce and KG, you needed just another decent player to compete for the title. Addition of Ray Allen put the team over the top. Replace KG with Love and Allen would not put the team over the top. You would need a Durant, Prime Kobe or Prime Shaq like third star to help the team win a ring.

I would say the most valuable player for the Celtics at the time of the trade was KG, and not Pierce, Rondo or Allen...

But if you can grab a player that is not even ready to peak at his prime, and get him when hes 25, and developing more moves, and improving on defense, you wouldn't get him?

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

If we can move some players out of the way, get some cap space, and acquire Kevin Love, I can see us trying to pull Stephenson in.

A team of
Rondo
Stephenson
Green
Love
Asik

Is a dark horse, but is a potentially deadly team... And I think this is entirely plausible. I don't think Stephenson is as indebted towards Bird, as everyone seems to...

I think bringing in Turner actually frustrated Stephenson, and now he may be looking for the best contract/situation.

Plus if we can get Pierce to sign for the vet minimum which I don't think he would refuse..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At the risk of repeating myself: If Kevin Love truly was a top 7 player in the NBA he would have been able to lead his team to a winning record at least once in his professional career.

He is the "superstar" equivalent of empty calories.

Chris Bosh had only one season with a record over .500 in seven seasons with Toronto before taking his talents to South Beach.  Would you feel comfortable putting Kevin Love on the same talent tier as Bosh?

Accounting for the whole Leastern Conference thing, probably, yeah. I'd give a slight nod to Bosh because he had decidedly more terrible teammates (this is a bad team right here: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html)

Love is probably the third or fourth best PF in the game right now, depending on how one feels about Bosh, so I don't think 'Top 7 Superstar' is anything other than a generous overassessment.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
At the risk of repeating myself: If Kevin Love truly was a top 7 player in the NBA he would have been able to lead his team to a winning record at least once in his professional career.

Chris Bosh had only one season with a record over .500 in seven seasons with Toronto before taking his talents to South Beach.  Would you feel comfortable putting Kevin Love on the same talent tier as Bosh?

Accounting for the whole Leastern Conference thing, probably, yeah. I'd give a slight nod to Bosh because he had decidedly more terrible teammates (this is a bad team right here: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html)

Love is probably the third or fourth best PF in the game right now, depending on how one feels about Bosh, so I don't think 'Top 7 Superstar' is anything other than a generous overassessment.

If you think there's even an argument between Chris Bosh and Kevin Love right now, you're practicing a healthy dose of denial. Love is currently a better scorer, shooter, rebounder AND passer than Bosh has been at any point in his career. As has been pointed out, he's at least average as a defender, and Bosh was never exactly elite or a big shot blocker. I realize Bosh is in a different role with Miami now, but this all holds true even if you compare to his prime Toronto days.

Here are Love's ranks among power forwards:

Scoring: 1st
Rebounding: 1st
Assists: 1st
Free Throws Made: 1st
3PT Made: 1st

If you count Anthony Davis as a PF, and have some special affection for Blake Griffin and/or Aldridge I can see some argument at least, but Bosh?????

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
It's also worth noting that posting career averages for all of these is misleading. Love is averaging 26/13/4 this year, which is historically good. Garnett was 22/13/4 the year before we acquired him (with more blocks and defense no doubt).

I think Garnett, because he was DPOY good on that end of the floor and a leader, was better than Love when we acquired him, but as someone else said that's not actually the point of this thread. In both cases we're talking about probably the best PF in the game. Garnett was All Time Great good when we acquired him, so if Love is a notch or two below that doesn't negate his value.

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 03:55:37 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I've seen this thrown out a lot as some sort of condemnation on the player, but I don't think it's fair to lay all of the team's disappointments at his feet. He's had some talented players this season, but they didn't really fit with his game. As we've as seen as recently with last year's Lakers and this season's Nets (at the beginning of the year, anyway), you can assemble all the talent in the world but you're not going to go far if the fit and chemistry isn't there. The Wolves have a ton of guys who can score (Love, Pek, Martin, Barea) but not a lot of guys that defend at an above average rate. Really, who is the team's best defensive player? Corey Brewer? Dieng shows some promise in that area, but it's too little too late as far as this season is concerned.  The core that they have just isn't good enough for the Western conference.

With that said, I'd definitely be open to acquiring Love AND K.Martin and then try to trade for Asik. I think a starting lineup of Asik/Love/Green/Martin/Rondo could give any team issues in the East. That's a good combination of offense and defense.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I honestly think it is more likely that Boston trades Rondo to Minnesota then it is for Minnesota to trade Love to Boston.

EDIT:  Something like Rondo, Clippers pick for Rubio, Budinger, #12 (as a draft day where Minnesota picks for us and then the trade is completed later so Minnesota can actually trade the pick)

Nah. I want to use Minnesota to solve the Rondo problem. Rondo, Sully, Bass and a couple of firsts for Love and Rubio.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

If you think there's even an argument between Chris Bosh and Kevin Love right now, you're practicing a healthy dose of denial. Love is currently a better scorer, shooter, rebounder AND passer than Bosh has been at any point in his career. As has been pointed out, he's at least average as a defender, and Bosh was never exactly elite or a big shot blocker. I realize Bosh is in a different role with Miami now, but this all holds true even if you compare to his prime Toronto days.

Here are Love's ranks among power forwards:

Scoring: 1st
Rebounding: 1st
Assists: 1st
Free Throws Made: 1st
3PT Made: 1st

If you count Anthony Davis as a PF, and have some special affection for Blake Griffin and/or Aldridge I can see some argument at least, but Bosh?????

I'd rank the best PF in the game right now as an argument between Blake and LA.

Which, if you feel like reading with context, "would put Love as the third or fourth best PF in the game, depending on how one feels about Bosh." I never said that Bosh was or was not a better player than Love, just that they're on similar talent levels: good players who struggle to carry teams as the best player. I was answering LC's question.

I've seen this thrown out a lot as some sort of condemnation on the player, but I don't think it's fair to lay all of the team's disappointments at his feet. He's had some talented players this season, but they didn't really fit with his game. As we've as seen as recently with last year's Lakers and this season's Nets (at the beginning of the year, anyway), you can assemble all the talent in the world but you're not going to go far if the fit and chemistry isn't there. The Wolves have a ton of guys who can score (Love, Pek, Martin, Barea) but not a lot of guys that defend at an above average rate. Really, who is the team's best defensive player? Corey Brewer? Dieng shows some promise in that area, but it's too little too late as far as this season is concerned.  The core that they have just isn't good enough for the Western conference.

With that said, I'd definitely be open to acquiring Love AND K.Martin and then try to trade for Asik. I think a starting lineup of Asik/Love/Green/Martin/Rondo could give any team issues in the East. That's a good combination of offense and defense.

I expect someone with a "top 7" designation to lead his team to at least one over-.500 season. Sue me. I think after his last four seasons (I won't count last year) it's pretty clear you're not getting very far if Kevin Love is your best player.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Interesting bit of reading -- salient points quoted:

Now, this is an inherently noisy stat, for a few reasons. For one, better offenses will avoid these kinds of shots, so bad units will have more "opportunities" to hit them. That's why our chart of the top 100 players is loaded with Bulls and Bucks. It also doesn't quite capture everything bad about an offense that is inept at creating shots, because turnovers end a possession before it can get into a late-clock situation, and we decided to not factor in 24-second violation TOVs, because there's too much overlap with shots that go up, but don't hit iron.

Still, this is telling for a number of reasons. First, league-wide, average play in just halfcourt offense is 90.4 points per 100 possessions. In late-shot-clock situations, the average is 77.5 points per 100 possessions. Those 12.9 points represent a massive difference. It's roughly the difference between the best offense in the NBA (the Clippers, scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions) and the worst (Philadelphia, at 96.7 points per 100).

The Timberwolves lose more points per possession than any other team in these situations, dropping 20.5 points per 100 possessions when they're forced late into the clock. Kevin Love hasn't managed to make a big dent, settling in right behind Rudy Gay in attempts—and efficiency.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which-nba-players-are-best-late-in-the-shot-clock-1563759412/+kylenw

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Interesting bit of reading -- salient points quoted:

Now, this is an inherently noisy stat, for a few reasons. For one, better offenses will avoid these kinds of shots, so bad units will have more "opportunities" to hit them. That's why our chart of the top 100 players is loaded with Bulls and Bucks. It also doesn't quite capture everything bad about an offense that is inept at creating shots, because turnovers end a possession before it can get into a late-clock situation, and we decided to not factor in 24-second violation TOVs, because there's too much overlap with shots that go up, but don't hit iron.

Still, this is telling for a number of reasons. First, league-wide, average play in just halfcourt offense is 90.4 points per 100 possessions. In late-shot-clock situations, the average is 77.5 points per 100 possessions. Those 12.9 points represent a massive difference. It's roughly the difference between the best offense in the NBA (the Clippers, scoring 109.5 points per 100 possessions) and the worst (Philadelphia, at 96.7 points per 100).

The Timberwolves lose more points per possession than any other team in these situations, dropping 20.5 points per 100 possessions when they're forced late into the clock. Kevin Love hasn't managed to make a big dent, settling in right behind Rudy Gay in attempts—and efficiency.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which-nba-players-are-best-late-in-the-shot-clock-1563759412/+kylenw

I already mentioned that part, and will disagree with that if you seriously take a look at the 4 players in the same spot as Love.

PG, Smith, Love, and Gay are all players who don't have definitive go to guys in the 4th...

I mean who else is going to take a shot in the 4th? Monroe? He'll just get double teamed, and pass it out to Jennings or Smith who have terrible 3 pt shooting.

David West? Yes he should get more touches, but Hibbert? Absolutely not. George Hill can't create space, or a shot for himself, let alone anyone else...

Gay is a terrible shooter, and still manages to take ridiculous contested shots instead of driving inside, but other than DeRozan or Lowry, who else was going to take the shots then?

My point is that besides the T-Wolves/Pacers, the two franchises don't have anyone else that can clinch the clutch shot...

Kevin Love should be making a thread too..

Its called....

Kevin Love: I can't do it alone.

And if Kevin Love is so bad as a player... then explain the bump of 11 points better offensively with him on the floor then? Hes an excellent passer, and knows how to score...

I would take Love or Melo any day...

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

My point is that besides the T-Wolves/Pacers, the two franchises don't have anyone else that can clinch the clutch shot...

Or, in the T-Wolves case, they don't have anyone who can clinch the tough shot, period!

;D

I don't think Kevin Love is a bad player -- I really don't. I just don't think he's a player that's proven to be more than "great numbers, bad team."

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Or, in the T-Wolves case, they don't have anyone who can clinch the tough shot, period!

;D

Sigh...

We're like Yin and Yang.

I don't honestly see Embiid being a franchise player.. I'm too scared of his stress fracture, and Parker can't guard a fly. Randle looks undersized, and Wiggins may be a superstar, but we're probably not going to get him.

I don't see any pick that can be better than Love imo.

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

And if Kevin Love is so bad as a player... then explain the bump of 11 points better offensively with him on the floor then? Hes an excellent passer, and knows how to score...

I would take Love or Melo any day...

Did some digging, and Steph Curry is another player with that sort of impact, and he's actually making a bigger difference than love:

With Curry -109.7 points per 100 possessions
Without- 93.2

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The question is if not Love, then who? Sure, Love is not the complete player or once-in-a-lifetime talent like a Garnett, Duncan, or Shaq, but are there any realistic alternatives available in the near future?

Personally, I agree that it isn't wise the bet the farm on Love without a guarantee he will sign an extension AND until the Celtics have enough cap space/assets to acquire a third star as well. However, I wonder who the Love haters are waiting for to become available that IS A REALISTIC OPTION.

LeBron and Bosh are not coming here. Durant is not available for at least a few years. Young bigs like Cousins, Davis, and Drummond are also not going anywhere anytime soon.

It would be nice to get Marc Gasol but he's going to be 30 next year. DeAndre Jordan is young and is having a big year but has his own share of flaws. Larry Sanders? Greg Monroe? These are the other kinds of names that will be available and neither are as good as Love.

Let's see where we are next season and how Love's situation in Minnie plays out. I'd like the Celtics to build through the draft myself but it'd be ridiculous to not at least consider a Love deal if he becomes available.

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:48 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Is it possible to grab Melo and Love and still have Rondo?  If it is, that would be the PERFECT scenerio.  And with Stevens leading the way, 18 would be on the horizon.  I hope Danny throw all our picks and assets at teams to get these two.  That is a championship team right there without a doubt.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell