Author Topic: FA Target- Jodie Meeks  (Read 866 times)

FA Target- Jodie Meeks
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Every time I've watched the Lakers this season (Unfortunately, that's been a lot considering all the coverage they get) Meeks has impressed me. He's a nightmare for defenses because he spreads the floor so much and is so quick. He runs hard on the break and gives it his all on D. He scored 42 points against the Thunder this year and is blossoming into one of the deadliest 3 point shooters in the league.

I'd love to pry him away from the Lakers. Plus, he's number 20. It would be a great slap in the face to Judas Shuttlesworth to let him know he's not getting his number retired here (He still seems to think he is LOL).

Re: FA Target- Jodie Meeks
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
One dimensional shooter, basically an Eddie House type.

Not a terrible signing for any team really but if you expect him to be anything other than a bench shooter you're going to be a bad team.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Wouldn't mind Meeks at all. As long as we don't overpay. If we resign Avery I don't think there's minutes for Meeks.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haven't seen much of Meeks but my impression of him was a shooter getting a lot of minutes on a bad Lakers team.

Looking at his stats he looks like a better shooting Avery Bradley who still gets after it on defense. I'd take him to replace Bradley in a second.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
There are 3 pieces of Laker junk, Meeks, Wesley Johnson, and Xavier Henry, that strike me as interesting FA signings provided that they are available really cheap, and aren't expected to be better than 7th or 8th man.