Author Topic: interested in budinger-shved? or budinger-rubio? and wilson chandler  (Read 3095 times)

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
can we play both
rondo/rubio/bradley
rubio or shved/bradley/bayless
reserve forward budinger

since they dont have a small forward should we offer gerald wallace or jeff green?
abd draft a 1st round pick SF

and we get wilson chandler from denver nuggets

what do you think

Re: interested in budinger-shved? or budinger-rubio? and wilson chandler
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think it's plausible that the Wolves would trade Rubio to the Celtics without expecting Rondo in return.  If they were to trade Rubio, they'd only do so for an upgrade at the point guard spot to retain Love.  If they decide to trade Love, they're going to keep Rubio.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I don't think it's plausible that the Wolves would trade Rubio to the Celtics without expecting Rondo in return.  If they were to trade Rubio, they'd only do so for an upgrade at the point guard spot to retain Love.  If they decide to trade Love, they're going to keep Rubio.

Don't want Rubio. He's not a championship-caliber player—doesn't score much and shoots at a terrible percentage.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I've always kind of liked Rubio. I wish he shot a higher percentage from the field, but he does everything else well. Great passer, good rebounder, and good defender. He also shoots a high FT % unlike Rondo.

Budinger might be a nice shooter of the bench to add if the price is right.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:11 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Don't want any of those guys, thank you.  I'd rather keep RR, and I'm not a big fan of his.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:44:11 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Err no.

Budinger, Shved, Chandler are way way off.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 06:38:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Such players will do little more than [dang] us to mediocrity.    We are not a player away from being good folks.   We are several players away from that and they have to better than these guys.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:14:05 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Don't want Rubio. He's not a championship-caliber player—doesn't score much and shoots at a terrible percentage.

Reminds you of someone?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would do Rondo for Rubio, Dieng (has looked very promising late in the year), and their 1st rd pick (slated to be #!3). At 13 we could have the luxury of going for BPA and choosing between the likes of Ennis, Nurkic, Harris, and Stauskas.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Reminds you of someone?

Lol....back to the OP's question, I would pass on Rubio.

Would rather have Rondo as Rubio can't really shoot either and also seems to be injury prone.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

you mean like Rondo
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

you mean like Rondo

Except for the fact Rondo has proven he is a championship caliber point guard?

Right...Anyway. I would not any of the guys mentioned, possibly Chandler but not for his price tag and what it would take to get him for the role we would want from him. TWolves aren't trading Rubio without getting a starting PG in return to entice Love to stick around. Trading Rubio without a significant return most likely ends the Love era in Minnesota.

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
For those of you that are down on on Rondo's play this year, you're lucky that you haven't watched Ricky Rubio. This season he is the walking amalgamation of all the terrible things people allege about Rondo's game on here -- so much so that he gets benched at the ends of close games because he's such a liability on offense.

Love his passing, love to watch when he's playing well, but Rubio is not having a good year. At all.

Wilson Chandler would be a fun wing, but there's no appreciable difference between him and Jeff Green.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.