Author Topic: Wizards (43-38) at Celtics (25-56) Game #82 4/16/14  (Read 36989 times)

Re: Wizards (43-38) at Celtics (25-56) Game #82 4/16/14
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Darn this Memphis/Dallas game.  I was looking forward to that Portland/Clippers game.  I wanted to see that in its entirety.

Gimme a good 'ol fashion battle between Z-Bo and Dirk any day.

I guess.  I didn't realize the Clippers/Blazers game was meaningless.  Let down. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2014, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Gotta say Olynyk has looked excellent these last couple weeks and very good for over a month. I hope that is permanent and not just a case of a rook hanging numbers on a bad club because someone has to score and grab rebounds.

Still wish he could play even average defense though.

Revisionist history, Nick?

« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:25 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
As of right now:

Wiz up 6 on the Celtics
Utah up 8 on the TWolves
Cleveland up 13 (  :o ) on the Nets
Lakers up 7 on SAS

:D

Let's hope it works out!  I'm giving out Tommy Points to everyone in every thread I can find if it breaks that way!

I just went on a huge TP giving binge.  So pumped right now!!!!

« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Feels weird to be in the offseason so early.

Yeah, its been seven years.  Hail to the KG/Pierce/Allen years.  Fun while it lasted.  Time to build a new winning era, hoping it lasts longer than seven years too.

« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
As of right now:

Wiz up 6 on the Celtics
Utah up 8 on the TWolves
Cleveland up 13 (  :o ) on the Nets
Lakers up 7 on SAS

:D

Let's hope it works out!  I'm giving out Tommy Points to everyone in every thread I can find if it breaks that way!

I just went on a huge TP giving binge.  So pumped right now!!!!

TP. Now let's win some tie breakers and the lottery!

« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Can't believe the season is over. Thought it would never end. May 20th. Mark your calendar folks!
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Gotta say Olynyk has looked excellent these last couple weeks and very good for over a month. I hope that is permanent and not just a case of a rook hanging numbers on a bad club because someone has to score and grab rebounds.

Not sure what you mean. I was down on Olynyk before the season and through a very good portion of the season. He looked awful. But then he started playing better and over the last month or so has been playing very well and shined over the last couple weeks.

I have said I was wrong on my assessment of Olynyk 3 times publicly already. So let this be the fourth and hopefully the last. I WAS WRONG ABOUT OLYNYK.

I hope he returns next year at the same level he is now and builds from there and I hope some day he becomes a slightly below average defender or better.

Not sure thatis revisionist. Its admitting I was wrong and judging what I see as objectively as I can, which is all I was doing with my original assessment. I can be wrong. Heck, GMs and scouts that do this for a living are wrong all the time.

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Can't believe the season is over. Thought it would never end. May 20th. Mark your calendar folks!

yep. Thank GOD this torture is over. may have to do it again next year though! sigh
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2014, 08:31:17 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Not sure what you mean. I was down on Olynyk before the season and through a very good portion of the season. He looked awful. But then he started playing better and over the last month or so has been playing very well and shined over the last couple weeks.

I have said I was wrong on my assessment of Olynyk 3 times publicly already. So let this be the fourth and hopefully the last. I WAS WRONG ABOUT OLYNYK.

I hope he returns next year at the same level he is now and builds from there and I hope some day he becomes a slightly below average defender or better.

Not sure thatis revisionist. Its admitting I was wrong and judging what I see as objectively as I can, which is all I was doing with my original assessment. I can be wrong. Heck, GMs and scouts that do this for a living are wrong all the time.

lol. KO was not impressing me either early on. he did at the end though.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2014, 08:58:36 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

KO needed these past starts to really boost his confidence.  He has gained respect from the vets imo

The kid has such high iq. High motor.  He has alot of work this offseason. I'm hoping he will come into camp with a body closer to Humprhies.
he's playing with a lot more confidence over the past month or so.  this was the kid we saw in summer league.

yup
LET'S GO CELTICS!